I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
(11-05-2016 01:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome, Cherub, to TTA.

Ordinarily we don't usually permit links on a first post but on this occasion these were just too amusing to delete.

Have fun everyone.

Thumbsup

What does 'amusing' mean in your world DLJ?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-05-2016, 02:50 PM
(11-05-2016 12:58 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  4. By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved forever, salvation cannot be lost if you sin.

James 2:14
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Too bad ye never readeth the Bible or believe there upon.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2016, 02:52 PM
I have a serious question. Have you had professional psychiatric help?
[+] 10 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
11-05-2016, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 02:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  I will die for what I know is true.

Isn't that like ... I dunno ... stupid. Galileo so disappoint. Eppur si muove.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
The creature’s Hebrew name is “לילית (Liyliyth)” or “Lilith.” The KJV translators most likely followed Rabbi Abraham ibn Ezra (1089 — 1164) who interpreted this word as meaning "the screech owl" (Rabbi A. J. Rosenberg, Isaiah: A New English Translation, Vol. 2, (The Judaica Press Inc. : New York, 1989), p. 281). The precise meaning of the word has been debated. The New English Translation’s footnote says, “The precise meaning of לילית (lilit) is unclear, though in this context the word certainly refers to some type of wild animal or bird.” The ESV translates the word as “night bird,” which is compatible with the KJV reading since the screech owl is a night bird.

Over time Lilith came to be regarded as a demoness in the Hebrew demonology. However, the demonization of Lilith occurred through the Talmud and Midrash which came centuries after Isaiah referred to the name. Nonetheless, the KJV translators may have acknowledged the possibility of Lilith being a demon by suggesting “night-monster” in the margin. Interestingly, Lilith the demon had close associations with owls. It was believed that she had the appearance of an owl, having the wings and talons of an owl. She is depicted thus in some ancient artwork.

For thou, LORD(YHWH), art high above(el elyon) all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.
You literally took the title of something and confused it with a name. Just like you will do later with Baal meaning lord and claim "see YHWH is baal". Silly goose.

Quote:First 666 was not the original mark of the beast, 616 is.

Yeah, 666 is the original. Gnostics saw Nero punishing Christians severely, killing, burning them etc and they thought he was the antichrist, his name adds up to 616 if transliterated from the greek to hebrew. If simply taken in the greek, which the new testament was written, his name adds up to 1332. That's 666+666, he is a model for the antichrist.

You come out with the most basic things possible, I have responded and said this 5000 times to people, you think you're the first.

All you have said so far is wrong. Try again.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? - 1 Cor 1:20
11-05-2016, 02:54 PM
(11-05-2016 01:58 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:55 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So in you're opeing statement you start off by saying you where "Commanded by God."

How so? Did you hear an audible voice? A manifestation of the being that you might call a god? Are you being forced again your will to surf the web. Should I call the police?

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. - Mark 16:15

God told me, in His Word. No need for an audiable voice.

How about you start with the ants and work your way up from there?
11-05-2016, 02:55 PM
(11-05-2016 02:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 12:58 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  4. By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved forever, salvation cannot be lost if you sin.

James 2:14
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Too bad ye never readeth the Bible or believe there upon.
Facepalm

Read James 2 in context, then come back.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? - 1 Cor 1:20
11-05-2016, 02:58 PM
(11-05-2016 02:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 02:18 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  You are mistaken, I never said I came here to convince anyone. I said I came here to share the truth.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. - 2 Tm 3
My apologies for the misunderstanding. Many of those who chose to participate in this thread so far, myself included, have been active on this forum for several years now. There have been countless people who came to spread their version of the truth to us before you and I have no doubt that there will be countless people after you who will come to us with the same conviction. If you are to spend your time sharing this information with us, I feel like you should be aware that there is no immediate need for you to do so because a large part of this community has been privy to your version of the truth before. I would advise you to return to this place in a few years and attempt to share your truth again at that time.

I wont be doing that. I am here, now. There wont be that many years left until it all goes down. Soon, hoover dam will break open. NYC will get flooded and nuked. When what I said to you, comes to true, pray to God.

11-05-2016, 03:01 PM
(11-05-2016 02:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 02:35 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  Actually, there is an immense amount of proof. The Bible itself is the strongest proof. Minimal facts argument concerning the resurrection. Every single piece of historical evidence, confirmed and acknowledged by 99.6% of all historians, atheist, buddhist, muslim alike, all say that all the evidence points to that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

The bible is the claim, not the evidence. It is no more proof of Jesus than the Iliad is proof of Zeus.

The "minimal facts argument" is a load of horseshit. You can't prove a supernatural event from stories in a book. If you could then the headless horseman is real. Even if all the events portrayed were recorded honestly they don't amount to proof of a resurrection.

Quote:The difference between someone like you and I, is that I actually take the time to research and study things.

Laugh out load
Using confirmation bias to cherry pick what confirms what you already believe is not research. Believing the things you read without good evidence is not research.

The difference between us is not research, it's that I'm not a gullible fool desperate to confirm what I want to believe. I accept as true what can be shown to be true and do not believe things that are irrational no matter how much I might want them to be true.

Quote:And then you ask yourself, why is the entire world against one 'fake' book and 'fake' God? Why do you take Jesus name in vain, instead of someone elses?

I'm not 'against one fake book', I'm against people making laws based on unsupported claims from stories written by bronze age tribespeople who didn't know enough to wash their hands before eating.

Quote:And so I started to actually think for myself and I questioned, literally everything and everyone.

You show no evidence of that. You appear to swallow conspiracy theories left and right without much discrimination at all.

Proof God wrote the Bible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWAEY2fi7TU

11-05-2016, 03:02 PM
(11-05-2016 01:44 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are people here who were christians a whole lot longer than you. Perhaps it is you who should be asking questions about Christianity.

It doesn't matter how long someone is a Christian. God has blessed me with the eyes to see, that is my gift. I have the holy spirit, there is nothing you can teach me about God or the Bible.

1 Samuel 2:3
“Boast no more so very proudly, Do not let arrogance come out of your mouth; For the LORD is a God of knowledge, And with Him actions are weighed.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

This ain’t our first barbecue.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post