I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
Baal is just the name for a phase of the moon and Jesus is the Mexican that drives the tow truck for the Mechanic shop owned by Manny Stevens. That I know for sure and can prove it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Anybody who actually checks the coordinates (yes, I was bored) of Mt Hermon will find that they're not 33º33'N 33º33'E, but actually 33º24′58″N 35º51′27″E which is yet another of the many lies promoted by Christians in their efforts to make their scriptural conspiracies more... uh... legitimate. But the mountain depicted on the Paramount logo is not Mt Hermon anyway, but Ben Lomond Mountain in Utah, as sketched by William W. Hodkinson in 1914.

Also the number of stars on the Paramount logo has varied over the years as its design has been altered—at various stages it had 27 stars, 24 stars, or 22 stars.

So much for some more of Cherubim's nonsensical claims.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 6 users Like SYZ's post
(11-05-2016 05:18 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 05:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It feeds into the Christian persecution complex. The standard Christian delusions of grandeur thinking they can convert anyone, then when they can't, they believe they're persecuted for the faith.

It's all ego.

Don't forget the part where the "creator of the entire universe loves me and talks to me"...

Oh the humility. Drinking Beverage

ETA: is there an :eyeroll: smiley? We really need one. And a wank-motion smiley...

Have a few...

[Image: rahLYoI.gif?zoom=2]

[Image: bMhjTPN.gif?zoom=2]

[Image: fZwTlTI.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
(11-05-2016 12:58 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  Read James 2 in context, then come back.

James 2 (King James)
1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I see no context that denies that "works" are required and that faith alone is insufficient. "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-05-2016, 06:33 PM
(11-05-2016 05:18 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 05:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It feeds into the Christian persecution complex. The standard Christian delusions of grandeur thinking they can convert anyone, then when they can't, they believe they're persecuted for the faith.

It's all ego.

Don't forget the part where the "creator of the entire universe loves me and talks to me"...

Oh the humility. Drinking Beverage

ETA: is there an :eyeroll: smiley? We really need one. And a wank-motion smiley...

There's this one:
Rolleyes
Though it's better for when everyone is being silly.

You can use this:
Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
11-05-2016, 06:43 PM
(11-05-2016 02:18 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  You are mistaken, I never said I came here to convince anyone.
So god commanded you to come here and say the exact same thing as 3 dozen other people exactly like you who have all failed? The exact same nonsense, from the exact same source, with the exact same vanity, assertion, and poor education. Why must he always send the loud, the stupid, the uneducated, to try and do a job the last loud, stupid, uneducated fool failed to do and in the same way.

If madness is repeating the same task over and over and over expecting a different outcome then you are in service is a lunatic god boy. Why is it that the god of Christians is always stupid in the exact same way Christians are. Must be a coincidence.Rolleyes

(11-05-2016 02:18 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  I said I came here to share the truth.
Yet you offer no truth, merely assertions and amateurish ones at that. You might have taken leave of your wits kiddo, but those of us who still yet have them can recognize that truth is demonstrable and all you have given us is wind, empty proclamations and hallow assertions.

You say you have truth? Prove it, your video contains neither proof nor evidence and all your words and ...rotated wine glasses (:facepalmSmile have not one ounce of either. Rant and rave all you like, but all here of worth no you to be little more than a mad dog barking at shadows and trying to convince the rest to bark with you at nothing.

(11-05-2016 02:18 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. - 2 Tm 3

Men have been all those things in some measure since they began to walk upright and likely long before that. More importantly however is your delusional belief that a work of fiction is authoritative, which I must confess makes me laugh, though I assure you not with you. You would have no more or less luck if you came in here throwing Hairy Potter or the Hobbit about: works of fiction can not move any man to dread who knows it to be fiction.

I'll also point out that under what you just wrote that these perilous times don't seem to be now or in the future but in the past. Mankind is more peaceful now than it has been since long before your nonsense book was penned. Violent crime is down, murder is down, rape is down, childhood incarceration and delinquency is down, we no longer view slavery as anything other than bestial, persecution of skin and sex is rightly condemned, there is more tolerance and respect in civilized society now than 60 years ago and more so will it be 60 years from now and oh so much more than in they who wrote your soiled book of fables.

Your doom and denunciations are but shadows boy, bereft of any substance, not but the tittering of a mad jackal in service to a lunatic tradition. Do you think this passage is your tawdry tale is impressive? That we should believe the end is neigh because some man somewhere sometime, of whom you know neither name nor thought, wrote down that near the end men will act as.....*gasp* men have always done? Haha what a simple mind you must have to be so taken up by so base a claim as that. If he had said "near the end, the moon will glow and the sun will rise!" would you be as enraptured by this same folly.

Simple beliefs for simple minds I suppose, as for me I'll keep my skepticism and my mind thank you kindly. Though you are more than welcome to make a feast of your own ignorance, kindly not at my table sir.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 9 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-05-2016, 06:48 PM
I would disagree with your point that man has been more peaceful now then ever. The 20th century has seen more death then any of the others put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I will fully admit. I'm now a believer.

I believe in Howard.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-05-2016, 07:00 PM
(11-05-2016 06:48 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I would disagree with your point that man has been more peaceful now then ever. The 20th century has seen more death then any of the others put together.

And you would be wrong:

"Pinker points out that during World War II, the human population lost 300 of every 100,000 people each year. During the Korean War it was in the 20s, before dropping into the teens during the Vietnam era. In the 1980s and 1990s, it fell into the single digits. For most of the 21st century it’s been below one war death per 100,000 people per year.

There has been an uptick globally as a result of the civil war in Syria, doubling from 0.5 per 100,000 to 1. But Pinker says “you can’t compare 1 with 15 or 25 or 300.” Everywhere else in the world, the stats are still trending downward. The same is true for homicides."

[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-US-England....mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-Mex.jpg.CRO...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-ratesofrape.jpg.CROP.promo...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-children.jpg.CROP.promovar...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-masskillings.jpg.CROP.prom...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-deathsin-genocide.jpg.CROP...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-armedconflicts.jpg.CROP.pr...mlarge.jpg]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-05-2016, 07:01 PM
And someone please tell me...why does this Christian god seem intent on sending the worst possibly emissaries? You would think with all that power he could find someone who is a decent representative/salesperson.
[/quote]

I think that was the point. That he doesn't use the powerful, strong rich or influential. He used the most unlikely