I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
(11-05-2016 07:01 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  And someone please tell me...why does this Christian god seem intent on sending the worst possibly emissaries? You would think with all that power he could find someone who is a decent representative/salesperson.
(11-05-2016 07:01 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I think that was the point. That he doesn't use the powerful, strong rich or influential. He used the most unlikely

So incompetent=goddidit. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 07:15 PM
(11-05-2016 07:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:48 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I would disagree with your point that man has been more peaceful now then ever. The 20th century has seen more death then any of the others put together.

And you would be wrong:

"Pinker points out that during World War II, the human population lost 300 of every 100,000 people each year. During the Korean War it was in the 20s, before dropping into the teens during the Vietnam era. In the 1980s and 1990s, it fell into the single digits. For most of the 21st century it’s been below one war death per 100,000 people per year.

There has been an uptick globally as a result of the civil war in Syria, doubling from 0.5 per 100,000 to 1. But Pinker says “you can’t compare 1 with 15 or 25 or 300.” Everywhere else in the world, the stats are still trending downward. The same is true for homicides."

[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-US-England....mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-Mex.jpg.CRO...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-ratesofrape.jpg.CROP.promo...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-children.jpg.CROP.promovar...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-masskillings.jpg.CROP.prom...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-deathsin-genocide.jpg.CROP...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-armedconflicts.jpg.CROP.pr...mlarge.jpg]

I'm afraid you might want to check your sources.
34k Herero and Namqua Genocide
800k Armenian Genocide
275k Armenian Genocide
275k Assyrian Genocide
200k Greek Genocide
1.8 million Holodomor
5.9 million Holocaust
220k Romani Genocide
78k Ustasha Genocide
1.7k Guatemala Massacres of Maya People
300k Bangladesh genocide
50k Burundi
1.7 million Cambodia(Po Pot)
50k Iraq
50k Rwanda
8k Srebrenica, Bosnia
400k Sudan
5k Syria/Iraq
That's from 1904 to present day and all of these numbers are low estimates.
You forget that we have more methods to kill people then ever before and have used them over and over. Don't just stick to the U.S. Statistics. Open your mind to more than just our neighborhood.
All of this goes to prove that when unleashed to do whatever we want we as mankind strive for destruction.
11-05-2016, 07:19 PM
(11-05-2016 07:07 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:01 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  And someone please tell me...why does this Christian god seem intent on sending the worst possibly emissaries? You would think with all that power he could find someone who is a decent representative/salesperson.
(11-05-2016 07:01 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I think that was the point. That he doesn't use the powerful, strong rich or influential. He used the most unlikely

So incompetent=goddidit. Facepalm

Now I'm not saying the guy who started this topic was competent. I personally wouldn't have started it that way. My comment to which you replied to was more along the lines of those detailed in the bible. I.e. David vs. Goliath.
11-05-2016, 07:22 PM
I believe the worst mass extinction in human history was caused/allowed by the deity.
It was called The Plague.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Hello Cherubim!

Welcome to the forums! Big Grin

(11-05-2016 02:24 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  Get into alchemy at 23, made small amounts of gold from lead because my transmutation wasn't powerful enough.

Sorry if I missed it, but has there been any more posted about this?

Seriously? Cherubim has small amounts of gold that they can actually state were previously lead?

They can repeat this process?

They can show themselves doing this process?
[+] 7 users Like Peebothuhul's post
11-05-2016, 07:25 PM
(11-05-2016 07:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I believe the worst mass extinction in human history was caused/allowed by the deity.

I think allowed is the most applicable term. Not caused. Why would a "God" stop something terrible from happening to a species so adamant at rejecting his existence. Would you?
11-05-2016, 07:30 PM
(11-05-2016 07:25 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I think allowed is the most applicable term. Not caused. Why would a "God" stop something terrible from happening to a species so adamant at rejecting his existence. Would you?
An omnibenevolent deity would have an incentive to stop something like the Plague due to the fundamental nature of its own existence. The Christian God is often said to possess that attribute.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
11-05-2016, 07:33 PM
(11-05-2016 07:25 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I believe the worst mass extinction in human history was caused/allowed by the deity.

I think allowed is the most applicable term. Not caused. Why would a "God" stop something terrible from happening to a species so adamant at rejecting his existence. Would you?

A really loving deity would reveal itself, and stop creating so many humans it already knew would suffer forever in it's hell, now wouldn't it ?

Your deity is an omniscient monster.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-05-2016, 07:36 PM
What purpose would it serve the "Christian God" to stop such a plague? You'll have to break down your logic that omnibenevolence (if that's a word. I may have just made that up or misspelled it) means that he has to "fundamentally" stop all bad things from happening to mankind.
Plus the "Christian God" as you put it doesn't show a habit of saving mankind from disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-05-2016, 07:38 PM
(11-05-2016 07:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:25 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I think allowed is the most applicable term. Not caused. Why would a "God" stop something terrible from happening to a species so adamant at rejecting his existence. Would you?

A really loving deity would reveal itself, and stop creating so many humans it already knew would suffer forever in it's hell, now wouldn't it ?

Your deity is an omniscient monster.

Omniscient yes. But I'm not so sure about monster.