I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 07:40 PM
(11-05-2016 07:38 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A really loving deity would reveal itself, and stop creating so many humans it already knew would suffer forever in it's hell, now wouldn't it ?

Your deity is an omniscient monster.

Omniscient yes. But I'm not so sure about monster.

You're also working on a faulty assumption that this loving deity is bound to working for his loving quality and not something else entirely.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
Funny how ChrisW just happened to show up to defend the other new guy.

Will we be getting all the YouTube followers of the amusing Cherub?

What fun. Dodgy

I smell multiple socks...TTT is that you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-05-2016, 07:47 PM
(11-05-2016 07:36 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  What purpose would it serve the "Christian God" to stop such a plague? You'll have to break down your logic that omnibenevolence (if that's a word. I may have just made that up or misspelled it) means that he has to "fundamentally" stop all bad things from happening to mankind.
Plus the "Christian God" as you put it doesn't show a habit of saving mankind from disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said anything about a "Christian god".
Before anyone talks about any god, they must demonstrate the coherence of the concept. You cannot do that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Nope I just hopped on the forum to debate world views with hopefully competent debaters. Didn't even read through the thing the first guy started with. Just looking for a good debate that doesn't involve name calling, or illogical rhetoric from any world view.

11-05-2016, 07:50 PM
(11-05-2016 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:36 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  What purpose would it serve the "Christian God" to stop such a plague? You'll have to break down your logic that omnibenevolence (if that's a word. I may have just made that up or misspelled it) means that he has to "fundamentally" stop all bad things from happening to mankind.
Plus the "Christian God" as you put it doesn't show a habit of saving mankind from disaster.

I never said anything about a "Christian god".
Before anyone talks about any god, they must demonstrate the coherence of the concept. You cannot do that.

Bucky ball please look at what my post was replying too. "The Christiam God" was mentioned in the previous post. Not yours.
11-05-2016, 07:51 PM
(11-05-2016 07:50 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said anything about a "Christian god".

Bucky ball please look at what my post was replying too. "The Christiam God" was mentioned in the previous post. Not yours.

Whatever. The word "god" has no coherent meaning.
The "Christian god" is not Yahweh in the OT. You do know the Hebrews worshiped Yahweh and his wife.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-05-2016, 07:53 PM
How so???

11-05-2016, 07:55 PM
This information comes from where?

11-05-2016, 07:57 PM
(11-05-2016 07:53 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  How so???

A god that "exists" is required to participate in a larger Reality, a Reality it could not have, itself created. It ALWAYS had to exist, and non-existence also ALWAYS had to be a part of the Reality. No god can create the larger Reality it is required to participate in, for the entirety of it's existence.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2016, 07:57 PM
(11-05-2016 07:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:48 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  I would disagree with your point that man has been more peaceful now then ever. The 20th century has seen more death then any of the others put together.

And you would be wrong:

"Pinker points out that during World War II, the human population lost 300 of every 100,000 people each year. During the Korean War it was in the 20s, before dropping into the teens during the Vietnam era. In the 1980s and 1990s, it fell into the single digits. For most of the 21st century it’s been below one war death per 100,000 people per year.

There has been an uptick globally as a result of the civil war in Syria, doubling from 0.5 per 100,000 to 1. But Pinker says “you can’t compare 1 with 15 or 25 or 300.” Everywhere else in the world, the stats are still trending downward. The same is true for homicides."

[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-US-England....mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-Mex.jpg.CRO...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-ratesofrape.jpg.CROP.promo...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-children.jpg.CROP.promovar...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-masskillings.jpg.CROP.prom...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-deathsin-genocide.jpg.CROP...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-armedconflicts.jpg.CROP.pr...mlarge.jpg]

There you go using uppity statistics and such to make a point. I prefer to go by feels. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post