I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
(11-05-2016 08:07 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong. It describes THE entire Reality. You have nothing to "fear". You cannot explain anything.
I will not forgive your wrods. You are unable to say anything about a god that "exists" outside of time. All we know about here, is spacetime. There is no "outside" anything, if spacetime does not exists. It's meaningless. As I said, you can provide NO coherent definition of any god.

But does it really describe all of reality? Anything used to determine time was created. We can't even acknowledge the existence of time without objects. So when God created mass he created time as well.

Yes. Reality is ALL there is.
You can say NOTHING about your god, without invoking time.
Creation ITSELF is an act, that requires time.
Does your god *think* ? THAT requires time.
Loving, anger, creation, sending a son, accepting sacrifice .... EVERYTHING you say about your god requires (space)time ALREADY in place.
Existence itself, requires time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Agreed.
There is no way I can prove his existence.
And true I cannot by myself infer anything about this God on my own.
But I believe that is the point behind the bible. We arrive at the point where our experiences cannot define nor prove the existence of a God.
But according to the Bible God desires a relationship with is from the beginning and while the communication may never be fully understood by us bound to this reality this God pursues a relationship with us. And yes it can be dauntingly absurd but not impossible when the creator of this "Reality" desires our friendship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-05-2016, 08:21 PM
(11-05-2016 08:02 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  Mmmm this is all interesting logic. It does explain a lot in the foundation of the atheist thought process.

Yes. We only have the one thought process. We share it amongst the hive mind. Rolleyes

Quote:But I fear those thoughts come from a much smaller "Reality" than is necessary to explain a god. If God originally existed outside of our reality (forgive my use of words related to time) then any word we have to describe such a being would not be adequate.

Quite correct. Given that simple insight, you'd expect fewer people to expend so very many words trying to do precisely that. Sadly, you would be disappointed.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
11-05-2016, 08:23 PM
(11-05-2016 08:19 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  Agreed.
But I believe that is the point behind the bible. We arrive at the point where our experiences cannot define nor prove the existence of a God.
But according to the Bible God desires a relationship with is from the beginning and while the communication may never be fully understood by us bound to this reality this God pursues a relationship with us. And yes it can be dauntingly absurd but not impossible when the creator of this "Reality" desires our friendship.

What you believe is irrelevant.
"For many are called, but few are chosen"
"No one shall come to me, UNLESS the Father call him".
He did not say "everyone" is called... in fact why say those things if they are ?

We know how and why the Bible was invented. It's all the invented, unbelievable and political infighting of priests.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
True. Again all of this is based on a faulty definition of God.
The answer to all of these lies in why you believe he created the universe.

11-05-2016, 08:27 PM
(11-05-2016 08:19 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  Agreed.

Creator of the Universe.

Made us too.

Built us so that we couldn't possibly comprehend him.

Wants a relationship that he knows can never be. Knew it from The Beginning.

Sorry. Not buying it. You've made God sound like the World's most incompetent stalker. The sort of looser who downloads patches so he can get it on with his Sims.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
11-05-2016, 08:27 PM
(11-05-2016 08:25 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  True. Again all of this is based on a faulty definition of God.
The answer to all of these lies in why you believe he created the universe.

Yet you are unable to give a coherent one.
Fail.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Well consider a God who creates and acts only for the purpose of his own glory

11-05-2016, 08:40 PM
(11-05-2016 07:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Funny how ChrisW just happened to show up to defend the other new guy.

Will we be getting all the YouTube followers of the amusing Cherub?

What fun. Dodgy

I smell multiple socks...TTT is that you?

What? Just because they signed up on the same day, have the same timezone and one starts posting within 40 minute of the disappearance of the other doesn't prove anything. Where's that skepticism?

The fact that ChrisW just happens to wander in, accidentally stumbles onto this thread, and is conveniently armed with a whole lot of genocide stats on top of posting once every five minutes from his phone doesn't reek like a moose carcass in August either.

That's pure coincidence that is. Consider

---
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
11-05-2016, 08:41 PM
(11-05-2016 08:40 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Funny how ChrisW just happened to show up to defend the other new guy.

Will we be getting all the YouTube followers of the amusing Cherub?

What fun. Dodgy

I smell multiple socks...TTT is that you?

What? Just because they signed up on the same day, have the same timezone and one starts posting within 40 minute of the disappearance of the other doesn't prove anything. Where's that skepticism?

The fact that ChrisW just happens to wander in, accidentally stumbles onto this thread, and is conveniently armed with a whole lot of genocide stats on top of posting once every five minutes from his phone doesn't reek like a moose carcass in August either.

That's pure coincidence that is. Consider

Yeah, I guess I should have thought that through a little better. My bad. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat