I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
(11-05-2016 08:35 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  Well consider a God who creates and acts only for the purpose of his own glory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did. We have.

Exodus 4:21 And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 08:52 PM
(11-05-2016 08:25 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  True. Again all of this is based on a faulty definition of God.
The answer to all of these lies in why you believe he created the universe.

Can't conceive of God's existence

Much less His Creation of the Universe

Much less his Reasons for doing so

Truly. We can't even comprehend the bits of universe that we know about and we have evidence for those. Or have you reconciled Relativity with Quantum Chromodynamics and I just missed that bit?

I fear that you may have painted yourself into an ontological corner.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
11-05-2016, 08:59 PM
(11-05-2016 08:25 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  True. Again all of this is based on a faulty definition of God.
The answer to all of these lies in why you believe he created the universe.

Give us your definition. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
11-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Much to my chagrin, I must admit I read through this, hoping for a glimmer of hope for the OP. Rolleyes Just like every other chump, he has failed, miserably. I've seen some seriously funny, witty and salient responses, so it wasn't a total waste of my time. But it came out the way I expected, as they usually do. Except the OP isn't banned, yet. You guys are pretty lenient.

Oh, Ed? pro tip- It's "...who art...", not "...which art...". -1 for bad grammar, on top of all the other fail.
11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Hey, when you see jesus give him a message for me.

Tell him to go fuck himself.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
11-05-2016, 09:22 PM
(11-05-2016 07:15 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:00 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And you would be wrong:

"Pinker points out that during World War II, the human population lost 300 of every 100,000 people each year. During the Korean War it was in the 20s, before dropping into the teens during the Vietnam era. In the 1980s and 1990s, it fell into the single digits. For most of the 21st century it’s been below one war death per 100,000 people per year.

There has been an uptick globally as a result of the civil war in Syria, doubling from 0.5 per 100,000 to 1. But Pinker says “you can’t compare 1 with 15 or 25 or 300.” Everywhere else in the world, the stats are still trending downward. The same is true for homicides."

[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-US-England....mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-Mex.jpg.CRO...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-ratesofrape.jpg.CROP.promo...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-children.jpg.CROP.promovar...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-masskillings.jpg.CROP.prom...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-deathsin-genocide.jpg.CROP...mlarge.jpg]
[Image: 141209_Charts-armedconflicts.jpg.CROP.pr...mlarge.jpg]

I'm afraid you might want to check your sources.
34k Herero and Namqua Genocide
800k Armenian Genocide
275k Armenian Genocide
275k Assyrian Genocide
200k Greek Genocide
1.8 million Holodomor
5.9 million Holocaust
220k Romani Genocide
78k Ustasha Genocide
1.7k Guatemala Massacres of Maya People
300k Bangladesh genocide
50k Burundi
1.7 million Cambodia(Po Pot)
50k Iraq
50k Rwanda
8k Srebrenica, Bosnia
400k Sudan
5k Syria/Iraq
That's from 1904 to present day and all of these numbers are low estimates.
You forget that we have more methods to kill people then ever before and have used them over and over. Don't just stick to the U.S. Statistics. Open your mind to more than just our neighborhood.
All of this goes to prove that when unleashed to do whatever we want we as mankind strive for destruction.

Dictators, fascists, communist leaders and military leaders, all those on your list, took a page directly from the Biblical god.

God rules over everything....as do dictators, fascists, communist and military leaders.
God cannot be questioned....... as do dictators, fascists etc.
God must be honored.....as do dictators, fascists...etc.
God is allowed to bash babies, murder women, conduct mass genocide....as do dictators, fascist, communist and military leaders.

Rebel against the rule of god one is condemned to spend eternity in hell
Rebel against the rule of a dictator, etc. one is condemned be endlessly tortured.

I don't see one bit of difference between your god, who kills over 200 hundred million in the bible (and that's a low estimate) and your list of asshole dictators.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
Well folks. Wife finished dinner. It's time for me to go. Thank you taking time to debate with me. Looks like I still have some improvement. Like I said earlier hopped on here to debate with intelligent debaters and that's what I got so thank you for sticking it out with me. Enjoy your evenings. Maybe I'll check back in tomorrow.

[+] 1 user Likes chrisdubbya's post
11-05-2016, 09:49 PM
(11-05-2016 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did you fucking canucks let David Mabus out of the looney bin again? ... Fucking canucks. Exile the fucker to PEI and be done with it.

new rulership for SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS!

I swear Girly, sometimes it feels like you are this forum's Ghost of Christmas Pasts... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-05-2016, 09:55 PM
(11-05-2016 08:35 PM)chrisdubbya Wrote:  Well consider a God who creates and acts only for the purpose of his own glory

We can already do that, with a bowl of pasta. Doesn't make it real. Drinking Beverage

[Image: jxYN5g2V.jpeg]

May his noodly appendage be upon you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-05-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 10:04 PM by Dark Wanderer.)
this was starting to look like the 'who created the supernatural realm?' thread. this seems to be the corner that theists always get backed in to. saying god exists outside of time and space, but being unable to explain how its possible. any reasoning they attempt to use just gets more and more ridiculous.