I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 07:44 AM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
His God totally *coulda* converted some of us. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 09:10 AM by TheInquisition.)
(11-05-2016 12:58 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  [Image: arK8GG7_700b.jpg]

I though I'd do this for any lurkers reading this thread, this whole thing is ridiculous, a bit of Google research returns an excellent site:

Abarim Publications

So lets go down the list:

Adam- The name Adam is obviously a touch complicated. Most directly, it means Acre Man, but since the word for acre is distilled from the action of producing agricultural crops, the name Adam really means Produce (as noun). But that root that covers the action of producing is also the same as the root that covers redness. That means that Adam is also Red Man. Since red is the color of blood (2 Kings 3:22) and also since the name Adam is the word דם (dom), meaning blood, with an aleph in front of it, and alephs sometimes appear in front of words without essentially altering the meaning, Adam also means Blood Man. And since blood is the seat of the breath (or life), Adam is also Life Man.

All in all, the name Adam is probably best interpreted as Living Creature or rather the corporeal part of a living creature. The name Adam simply means Corporeal One or Dustling; prior to receiving breath, Adam was quite literally a corpse

Seth- When Eve names Seth she says, "God has appointed (שית) me another offspring..". (Genesis 4:25), and traditionally readers have understood that therefore the name Seth must come from שית. But this is by no means certain. It may be that the name Seth is really the word שת (shat), meaning national foundation, but the Masoretic punctuation made the name Seth identical to the word for buttocks, and even the assumed contraction of שאון, meaning tumult.
It appears you have a pattern of cherry-picking which meanings suit your purposes. Dodgy

Enosh- For a meaning of the name Enosh, The name Enosh, Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names proposes Man Frail And Miserable. NOBSE Study Bible Name List reads Mortal.

You're obtaining meaning from the NOBSE study bible it seems, it only has cursory and shallow knowledge of the etymology of these names, I'm seeing a recurring flaw in your "research". Dodgy

Kenan -

That way the name Kenan means Lamenter.

However, through the apparently related name Kenite, Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names notes a relation to the verb קנן (qinnen), meaning to make a nest (Isaiah 34:15). That way the name Kenan may mean Nester. Perhaps the cry of the eagle reminded the Hebrews of lamenting. Perhaps the two have nothing to do with each other.

Perhaps thinking of the nest-making verb, NOBSE Study Bible Name List reads Fixed for both Cainan and Kenan.

So the NOBSE Study bible disagrees with your interpretation, but don't let that stop you with cherry-picking which definition suits your purposes. Dodgy

Mahalalel -Means "praise o god". Still not matching up with what I've found. You're really grasping at straws aren't you? Let's move on....

Jared - descent. that seems to be a reasonable translation. (No pedophiles were harmed in the making of this post) Thumbsup

Enoch- This means dedicated, there is an "Enok" which means learned. It appears that someone is cherry-picking their spellings to suit their purposes. Your suspicious pattern of behavior continues. Dodgy

Methuselah - Means "Man of The Dart" WTF? Other meanings I found were -"When He Is Dead It Shall Be Sent." It depends on which translation you pick. So you're cherry-picking again to suit your purposes. Dodgy

Lamech - For Lowering; For Humiliation. A weird choice with this interpretation, but hey, choosing whatever interpretation suits you is your modus operandi. Dodgy

Noah - rest or comfort are commonly used definitions for this name, but; to quote from the site "Most commentators take the name Noah from the verb נוח (nuah) meaning to rest or settle down, but it may very well have been drawn from the verb נחה (naha), meaning to lead or guide"

Again, you apparently like choosing which definition suits your purposes.

Summary:

Your pic references several dodgy meanings and plays hopscotch with meanings, landing on whatever meaning can create your silly assertion to suit your purposes, i.e. cherry-picking.

What you've shown is a blatant attempt to mislead, I think you've crossed the boundary to liar, at the very least you've shown yourself to be dishonest and careless with your assertions.

Why would anyone put any stock in what a dodgy, careless cherry-picker spews?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-05-2016, 09:16 AM
(12-05-2016 02:28 AM)Cherubim Wrote:  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. - Matt 10:14

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. - Matt 7:6

You people have disqualified yourselves from eternal life. So be it, there is a great curse set upon you.

And the reprobate who said Mt. Hermon isn't at 33.33 33.33 that's because Google doesn't measure it from the paris prime meridian. I wrote it in the picture, your ignorance on here, I almost feel like I'll be infected by retardation if I continue.

Anathema Maranatha. May you stay blind until your last breath.

aww... don't take your toys and run. you were just starting to get entertaining. dont you have some questions to answer?
12-05-2016, 09:25 AM
How were they expecting us to react? Did they think we would just suck up everything we're told?
12-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Most people who come here to try and convert us just like to hear themselves talk.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-05-2016, 09:39 AM
(12-05-2016 02:28 AM)Cherubim Wrote:  You people have disqualified yourselves from eternal life. So be it, there is a great curse set upon you.

I'll gladly bear the "curse" of a reasonable and rational mind if it will spare me from your ignorance and maliciousness. When you die boy you will go into the ground or into the fire and that's the end of your sad tale, and while I'm sure you take comfort in your sad old delusions, delusions they yet remain.

Your god is a fiction boy, now get thee gone.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
12-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Curses are cool. Especially from those who can turn lead into gold, bring on the curses dude.
12-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Their YouTube channel is... interesting and not in a good way. Blink

They're also a flat earther -.-
12-05-2016, 09:59 AM
(12-05-2016 02:28 AM)Cherubim Wrote:  You people have disqualified yourselves from eternal life.

Woot!

Quote:I almost feel like I'll be infected by retardation if I continue.

OK Typhoid Mary

Quote:Anathema Maranatha. May you stay blind until your last breath.

Wait... Did a chistian just try to put a hex on us?!? Laughat

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-05-2016, 10:00 AM
(12-05-2016 09:47 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Their YouTube channel is... interesting and not in a good way. Blink

They're also a flat earther -.-

Of course he is. Facepalm

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.