I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
Hmm, 10 posts in a half hour.

How ... common. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-05-2016, 01:42 PM
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:34 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  No I imagine not. How long have you been preaching?

We get a couple of theists that come here and like the community and stick around so you'll be in good company.

You seem like you very passionate about what you believe. And we'll get more into it as we go along but I just like to get a better understanding of where you coming from so we'll work from that. If you have any questions for me along the way I'll be happy to answer them.

This doesn't have to be a fight or an argument. As long as we remain civil, I think we may reach at least a little common ground.

I became a Christian a little over a year ago. Been preaching maybe 11 months.
I simply came here to share the truth and answer questions you might have, even based on the things I have shared. I've been an atheist most my life, I know what you guys believe. This isn't so much about arguing or debating, I will die for what I know is true. Like I said, sharing the truth to every living creature and answering questions you might have.

There are people here who were christians a whole lot longer than you. Perhaps it is you who should be asking questions about Christianity.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
11-05-2016, 01:42 PM
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So Ed, what Brand of Theist are you?

I'm guessing some form of Christian, maybe Baptist or Evangelical?

Closest thing would be baptist, yes.
KJV only.
Faith alone, not works. Etc. The truth in order words.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? - 1 Cor 1:20
11-05-2016, 01:44 PM
(11-05-2016 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  I became a Christian a little over a year ago. Been preaching maybe 11 months.
I simply came here to share the truth and answer questions you might have, even based on the things I have shared. I've been an atheist most my life, I know what you guys believe. This isn't so much about arguing or debating, I will die for what I know is true. Like I said, sharing the truth to every living creature and answering questions you might have.

There are people here who were christians a whole lot longer than you. Perhaps it is you who should be asking questions about Christianity.

It doesn't matter how long someone is a Christian. God has blessed me with the eyes to see, that is my gift. I have the holy spirit, there is nothing you can teach me about God or the Bible.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? - 1 Cor 1:20
11-05-2016, 01:44 PM
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  I became a Christian a little over a year ago. Been preaching maybe 11 months.

So the church must be a very new experience for you. You don't have to share if you don't like but what's your age?

I'm only asking because let's say you're 45. that would mean you we're an atheist for 44 years and something happened that convinced you to join this particular church.

Or if you let's say 15 you may just be getting into this sort of conversation. Or life story's aren't to far off only in reverse. I was a believer most of my life and only the last 5 years have been an Atheist.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
11-05-2016, 01:46 PM
(11-05-2016 01:44 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are people here who were christians a whole lot longer than you. Perhaps it is you who should be asking questions about Christianity.

It doesn't matter how long someone is a Christian. God has blessed me with the eyes to see, that is my gift. I have the holy spirit, there is nothing you can teach me about God or the Bible.

Good to see you're open minded about it though.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-05-2016, 01:47 PM
(11-05-2016 01:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

So the church must be a very new experience for you. You don't have to share if you don't like but what's your age?

I'm only asking because let's say you're 45. that would mean you we're an atheist for 44 years and something happened that convinced you to join this particular church.

Or if you let's say 15 you may just be getting into this sort of conversation. Or life story's aren't to far off only in reverse. I was a believer most of my life and only the last 5 years have been an Atheist.

I am 25.
Asking me about personal things should be secondary. Are you not here to learn about all I have posted on page 1? No questions, at all about that? I suppose you feel like it would feel nice if you 'converted' me and thus you just ignore all I have shown you.

You are wasting your time and mine if you are.

11-05-2016, 01:48 PM
(11-05-2016 01:42 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So Ed, what Brand of Theist are you?

I'm guessing some form of Christian, maybe Baptist or Evangelical?

Closest thing would be baptist, yes.
KJV only.

Ok. I kind of got the read of that from you're opening post. A very in your face approach. Have you had much success in your indever to "save the wicked"?

Is this method what made you convert to Baptism?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-05-2016, 01:49 PM
(11-05-2016 01:46 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:44 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  It doesn't matter how long someone is a Christian. God has blessed me with the eyes to see, that is my gift. I have the holy spirit, there is nothing you can teach me about God or the Bible.

Good to see you're open minded about it though.

When you jump down a cliff, it doesn't matter how open minded you are. You're still going to fall down. What I'm saying is, I presented the absolute truth to you in this post, there is no debate on my end. I came here to give you the truth and I have.

11-05-2016, 01:51 PM
(11-05-2016 01:48 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:42 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  Closest thing would be baptist, yes.
KJV only.

Ok. I kind of got the read of that from you're opening post. A very in your face approach. Have you had much success in your indever to "save the wicked"?

Is this method what made you convert to Baptism?

My first post has my video testimony. Nobody preached to me.