I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: I come bearing the good news of my Father which art in Heaven.
(11-05-2016 01:18 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:15 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You just posted. Not everyone comes on the second a post goes up.

Oh, you're waiting for others to ask questions. Understandable. I suppose you always send the fodder first with the insults to make me froth at my mouth and my blood boil. You know, to confuse me.

If you are a standard Christian you will soon be frothing at the mouth and having boiling blood to quote you. normal people don't have these afflictions, just you guys!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
11-05-2016, 02:18 PM
(11-05-2016 02:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Cherubim, I would offer you the following words of advice written by Thomas Pain: “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.” To put it more bluntly, there is no point in trying to use the Bible to convince an audience that doesn't believe the Bible to be a credible source of information that Hell is a real place.

You are mistaken, I never said I came here to convince anyone. I said I came here to share the truth.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. - 2 Tm 3

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? - 1 Cor 1:20
11-05-2016, 02:20 PM
(11-05-2016 01:35 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:32 PM)smileyjose86 Wrote:  You Christian speak nothing but bullshit! Stop bullshitting jehova is the devil and if jesus did exist he's not the messiah of yahweh. But yeah I am tired of christians that try to convince people that their way of viewing life is the one and only way. They are so narrow minded.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? - Psalm 2

Jehova is God.
Jesus is God, the Messiah, the Christ, the creator of everything.

But, But, But you are the one coming here raging and offering to froth at the mouth, does that make you a heathen?
11-05-2016, 02:22 PM
(11-05-2016 02:05 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  You really should listen to my testimony, all questions so far are answered there.

There are no answers where there are no questions.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-05-2016, 02:23 PM
(11-05-2016 01:39 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:34 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  No I imagine not. How long have you been preaching?

We get a couple of theists that come here and like the community and stick around so you'll be in good company.

You seem like you very passionate about what you believe. And we'll get more into it as we go along but I just like to get a better understanding of where you coming from so we'll work from that. If you have any questions for me along the way I'll be happy to answer them.

This doesn't have to be a fight or an argument. As long as we remain civil, I think we may reach at least a little common ground.

I became a Christian a little over a year ago. Been preaching maybe 11 months.
I simply came here to share the truth and answer questions you might have, even based on the things I have shared. I've been an atheist most my life, I know what you guys believe. This isn't so much about arguing or debating, I will die for what I know is true. Like I said, sharing the truth to every living creature and answering questions you might have.

A Jehovah's witless? They are the ones who come around knocking on doors, asking questions and pretending it is their victims that are full of questions. If you didn't have questions in your mind you would not be here. If we have any questions we'd go looking for answers!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
11-05-2016, 02:24 PM
(11-05-2016 02:15 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 02:11 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  My opening statement didn't have much? It has everything you need. Watch the video.

(11-05-2016 12:58 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  I have been commanded by God Almighty, Jesus Christ, to share the gospel or good news, with all of you. I am here not only to do that, but answer serious and coherent questions regarding this subject. Please do not ask questions you do not want the answers to.

I'll watch the video later. Again at work. and I'm using my lunch break to talk with you.

Now if you could please, answer my question.

Atheist since the age of 10. ('Believed' in allah before that)

18 years now, started to notice a lot of things wrong with this place.
People in high places, worshiping satan etc. (Still didn't think satan was real but a symbol)

Never thought about the Bible or God during that time. (Not once)

Get into alchemy at 23, made small amounts of gold from lead because my transmutation wasn't powerful enough.

I notice every single alchemist is praying to "God", most of them say spiritual beings speak with them, get into that for a short while, start praying to God too.

7 days from my first prayer to just God, the creator of all, I get my first 'alien' experience.

The next evening, I come upon a website which I have shared on here, claiming alien abductions stop in Jesus name. I clicked away after 15 seconds thinking it was nonsense, Christian propaganda.

Same night, they come again, this time worse than before. I hear serpents in my mind and I can feel the texture of them on my brain, I call out to Jesus in my mind and they become furious and disappear. I see pure light and then even more light, Jesus Christ with His arms open, this only lasted for .1 seconds.

Here I am.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? - 1 Cor 1:20
[+] 1 user Likes Cherubim's post
11-05-2016, 02:25 PM
(11-05-2016 01:44 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are people here who were christians a whole lot longer than you. Perhaps it is you who should be asking questions about Christianity.

It doesn't matter how long someone is a Christian. God has blessed me with the eyes to see, that is my gift. I have the holy spirit, there is nothing you can teach me about God or the Bible.

I don't expect anyone here would attempt to teach you anything about either one, so worry not.Laughat
11-05-2016, 02:27 PM
(11-05-2016 02:13 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  You really should learn to use google.

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
"he is a committed atheist"
synonyms: non-believer

You really should learn to read what is written. I did not ask for the dictionary definition, I asked how you defined it. For what it is worth, including "committed atheist" there is a dead giveaway that whoever wrote that definition was not an atheist.

Quote:I did answer the question, you asked if it was demonstrable evidence. I said yes, it was demonstrated to me. Can it be demonstrated to you, on demand? No.

If it can not be demonstrated to others then it is not demonstrable evidence. I would think that was pretty simple to understand, even for you. If you do not have demonstrable evidence then you have nothing at all to offer. I've heard many religious claims from many people and they are all just as adamant in their beliefs as you and yet they are often contradictory and never have anything to offer in the way of evidence. I see no reason to even begin to entertain the idea that the god you believe in is anything more than your imagination.

You say you did not believe for 24 years; you must have heard "the good news" many times and yet you ignored it until your god communicated directly to you. Give us the same credit.

If your god exists and thinks you make a good evangelist then he's an incredibly stupid deity. Why do you think he sent you to bring the news to people who don't accept claims without evidence and yet gave you no evidence to present? Faith, in the religious sense, is just a synonym for gullibility.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-05-2016, 02:30 PM
(11-05-2016 01:47 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 01:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So the church must be a very new experience for you. You don't have to share if you don't like but what's your age?

I'm only asking because let's say you're 45. that would mean you we're an atheist for 44 years and something happened that convinced you to join this particular church.

Or if you let's say 15 you may just be getting into this sort of conversation. Or life story's aren't to far off only in reverse. I was a believer most of my life and only the last 5 years have been an Atheist.

I am 25.
Asking me about personal things should be secondary. Are you not here to learn about all I have posted on page 1? No questions, at all about that? I suppose you feel like it would feel nice if you 'converted' me and thus you just ignore all I have shown you.

You are wasting your time and mine if you are.
Not to be repetitive, but it is you coming here saying you were going to save us. Not us supplication you to educate us. Your mommy is calling. Time to go in for your milk and cookies now!
11-05-2016, 02:31 PM
(11-05-2016 02:24 PM)Cherubim Wrote:  Get into alchemy at 23, made small amounts of gold from lead because my transmutation wasn't powerful enough.

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 10 users Like unfogged's post