I'd do this......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I'd do this......
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-new...on-in-2015

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: I'd do this......
Learn-now-pay-later is definitely a good idea. Besides they should also provide majors according to the needs of the job markets and corporations, which increases the chances of the students getting employed after graduation. Academia is for those rich guys who don't have to worry about their livelihood.

So ... you are going to college on 2015 ?

Want something? Then do something.
12-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Interesting. I don't know how the economics of this are going to work out, but we'll have to see.

We probably should adopt the European model for higher education. A standardized test is given in the 8th Grade. The top 15% of the scorers will go to college all expenses paid. The bottom 85% would go onto professional and or trade schools. It doesn't jin with the American idea that everyone should get a college education, but there are a lot of people wasting their time and money on a college degree which is really not beneficial for them.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
13-07-2013, 12:10 AM
(12-07-2013 10:18 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Interesting. I don't know how the economics of this are going to work out, but we'll have to see.

We probably should adopt the European model for higher education. A standardized test is given in the 8th Grade. The top 15% of the scorers will go to college all expenses paid. The bottom 85% would go onto professional and or trade schools. It doesn't jin with the American idea that everyone should get a college education, but there are a lot of people wasting their time and money on a college degree which is really not beneficial for them.

And China's secret of completing so many project is to have many mediocre average engineers that a few scientific and engineering elites ... Or at least that's the difference between India and China.

Want something? Then do something.