I'd like everyone to take this political quiz if you don't mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: I'd like everyone to take this political quiz if you don't mind.
Took it again.

Still almost a 0.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 12:50 PM
(16-08-2012 06:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 04:18 AM)Humakt Wrote:  This chart showing the presidential candidates for 2012, is pretty chilling.

http://politicalcompass.org/crowdchart.p...5.00,-4.87

Who took the test for them?

Men, top men. Id need to take the test again to get the link for the link that compares your postition to theres. However, the page says that statements on record and their action where used to answer the questions. Im not gonna retake the test to linky it, if your interested you can.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-7.62&soc=-4.87]

Actually, I am quite surprised with the results. Last time I was -4.00, -1.00(Roughly).

Under Repair.
17-08-2012, 08:13 AM
    Drinking Beverage
(29-12-2011 01:26 PM)germanyt Wrote:  This may have been posted before but I'd like to see where everyone falls. Please answer the questions and post the results. I've taken it before but I'm taking it again now just to post up to date results.

http://politicalcompass.org/test

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-0.38&soc=-4.67]

So I'm a very slight left Libertarian. Very much a moderate.

Took it again, I was sure I'd be on the right, I guess I have to reevaluate what the right is Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
17-08-2012, 01:07 PM
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-9.62&soc=-2.26]

I really don't like the questions they ask. I also don't like how they set up the graph; it's okay, it's just kind of weird.

It is funny how they bundled libertarianism with anarchism; I guess that's okay, but some libertarians get pissed when you label them anarchists. On the right, the should have put free-market/laissez-faire capitalism, or something similar, to avoid the confusion of the word 'neo-liberalism'.

Personally, I just view the bottom right quadrant as libertarian. That probably has a lot to do with the way I hear the terms used on a regular basis and the way I came to understand them because of that. I view liberals as people who are generally for freedom and equality and differentiate between them and libertarians by the amount they are willing to use government and law to promote equality, justice and fairness. That usually comes into play economically, and I've heard people who identify as libertarian describing it as economically conservative and socially liberal, but I guess that's just me getting confused by the way people use the terms. It is very possible that a group of people against organized government and laws could be in a collective society; it happened in the movie Wanderlust. It would just be kind of messed up when someone drives your car into a lake and they don't have to pay for it.

It's definitely okay that they made the test and graph that way and the graph with the whole bottom libertarian, it's probably more correct that way, but I think it's just kind of weird. Also, I doubt it could be clear on what types government authority/liberties you are for, because there is a big difference between thinking people should be allowed to shoot up drugs in the streets, versus thinking that gays should be allowed to get married. They could have added in a little extra dimensions to the graph and questions, but I guess we know if we are "liberals" or not.

At least, overall, I think that I'm about right where I should be on the graph. Ideologically, at least, because in reality I can't really front like I would have a chance politically without getting killed. That would be prior to starting a revolution as well. People right now live in a world that turns, and as long as it's turning, they could care less why. And I can't really say I'd actually want to change that. My underground motto as a politician would be: give me the bread, so I can bring home the bacon.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
18-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not really political myself, but this was what I got:

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-4.50&soc=-0.97]
19-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
20-08-2012, 09:28 PM
[Image: pcgraphpng.png]

Here's the score I got the first time that I took it, and I was a bit surprised about it to be honest. I didn't expect to be ranked in the same general area as Gandhi, and the Dalai Lama, both of whom I have many reservations about, which are apparently on a personal level for the most part, rather than a political one.

I took the test again right after, altering my response on a few questions that I was a bit unsure about (such as the ownership of land. I like to think that it shouldn't be bought or sold, but I think that private ownership can be very important for protecting the environment. Also some questions about a free market kind of confused me a bit. I agree with a lot of the people that the questions aren't the greatest, some of them I can mostly agree with, but with some caveats. And finally I have some qualms about the question involving civil liberties being infringed in the name of counter-terrorism. I can see what people mean when they say that our rights are being trampled, but, I haven't personally noticed a change, so...)

Anyway, here is what I got the second time, with the answers that I went to first, but then second guessed.

[Image: pcgraphpng-1.png]

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user