I debate with a Christian Coworker and his answers are at least odd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: I debate with a Christian Coworker and his answers are at least odd
(14-08-2017 10:37 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 10:31 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  Poor thing was homeschooled "to be saved from the evil of public secular education and contraception!" His parents told him and his siblings that condoms aren't right and not to use them.

Damn, he has my sympathy. 1 year of homeschooling and 2 of private middle school was bad enough for me.

Hopefully yours and our questions will get him to do his own learning.

He told me he likes it when I ask him questions. It makes him have to think.

Maybe he will be one of us someday. Bwahaha

"What sort of God would promise us a land like this?" - Zensunni lament
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Yarnie2015's post
14-08-2017, 10:47 AM
(14-08-2017 10:31 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 07:09 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Why is he worshipping the most prolific murderer of all time? It's one thing to believe this really happened, it's another to think that God is somehow the hero of the piece.

Poor thing was homeschooled "to be saved from the evil of public secular education and contraception!" His parents told him and his siblings that condoms aren't right and not to use them.

And that's more of a problem. They don't use condoms, then they reproduce then they teach their children the same bullshit. Grrrrrr.

Also, how did the trees run away from the onslot of water. Speaking of trees, this is the oldest know living tree. It's 9,500 years old. It's in Sweden. Somehow, I don't know exactly how, this tree survived a world wide flood.

[Image: oldest-tree-old-tjikko-sweden-12.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-08-2017, 10:48 AM
(14-08-2017 10:45 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 10:37 AM)Loom Wrote:  Damn, he has my sympathy. 1 year of homeschooling and 2 of private middle school was bad enough for me.

Hopefully yours and our questions will get him to do his own learning.

He told me he likes it when I ask him questions. It makes him have to think.

Maybe he will be one of us someday. Bwahaha

We could only hope. It's up to him to learn.

It's good that he's enjoyed the questions!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
14-08-2017, 10:54 AM
(14-08-2017 10:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 10:31 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  Poor thing was homeschooled "to be saved from the evil of public secular education and contraception!" His parents told him and his siblings that condoms aren't right and not to use them.

And that's more of a problem. They don't use condoms, then they reproduce then they teach their children the same bullshit. Grrrrrr.

Also, how did the trees run away from the onslot of water. Speaking of trees, this is the oldest know living tree. It's 9,500 years old. It's in Sweden. Somehow, I don't know exactly how, this tree survived a world wide flood.

[Image: oldest-tree-old-tjikko-sweden-12.jpg]

Both of his sisters and one of his brothers are already married with kids. His other brother does not want a wife and family, so there is hope for him.

What species of tree is that? I'm glad to know it's still hanging out with us. Smile

14-08-2017, 11:10 AM
When such a person eventually runs out of answers based in reality, they tend to resort to, "God can do whatever he wants".

This raises the question of why he goes to such dramatic and violent lengths to achieve what he could do in an instant. Either God is fond of sadistic theatre, or it's just a story.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
14-08-2017, 11:47 AM
(14-08-2017 10:19 AM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 03:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How did polar bears get back to the arctic?
How did penguins get back to the antarctic?
How did marsupials like Kangaroos get to Australia?

I was going to ask this but our boss shot us the look. I wonder what crazy answer he would give me.

Add the sloths to that. How did the sloths get to where they are living now? have you ever seen how agile sloths are? Cool

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-08-2017, 03:18 PM
(14-08-2017 03:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How did polar bears get back to the arctic?

I asked him this today and here are his answers...

Pangaea or an Ice Age. He says that the bible did not have to say anything about each but it was proven on both sides of the aisle. I asked him aisle of who. His answer was Christianity and Evolution.

14-08-2017, 03:31 PM
(14-08-2017 03:18 PM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  

Pangaea or an Ice Age. He says that the bible did not have to say anything about each but it was proven on both sides of the aisle. I asked him aisle of who. His answer was Christianity and Evolution.

"Pangaea" and "Ice Age" are not an answer, they are catchphrases.
How fast did the continents have to move back then, how far did they move, at what speed, what does he think (hint: if he claims they moved as far in just a few hundred years, or thousand, it doesnt matter, as they have moved in millions of years, he has to claim they moved accordingly faster. I am sure a short calculation will show it must be meters or even kilometers per year. 1000km/1000years = 1km/y!)? What made the continents move so fast? Where is the evidence they moved so fast? Is it even possible for solid rock to be transported at necessary speeds in faults and oceanic ridges during that time? How did the Kangaroos hop across ice shelfs in case of ice age? How fast can Penguins walk on ice? How do they catch fish while walking? How fast did the ice age develop (again, he will have to claim for literally insane speeds of ice accumulating and receeding if he sticks to the flood myth and it being only a mere few thousand years ago?

What about the sloths?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-08-2017, 07:58 PM
(14-08-2017 03:18 PM)Yarnie2015 Wrote:  

This is all post-hoc rationalization, you're asking questions then he makes up an answer then you poke holes in the answer, then he makes up more stuff. This will go on and on.

it should be pointed out what he's doing every time he engages in this post-hoc nonsense, that there is zero evidence of any of his assertions, but it just adds to the evidence that this is a mythological story. Every single post-hoc rationalization is an admission that this is a story that lacks any evidence to support it.

Now the claim that the continents were created during the 40 days of Noah's flood is ridiculous, this would involve things like the exothermic process of limestone precipitation to such an extent that it would boil the oceans!
The creationists fantasy world collapses under scientific scrutiny, get them to admit to a definitive age of the flood, generally creationists accept the timeline where creation.com says 2305 BC and answers in Genesis says 2359 BC. Both of these dates are after the pyramids and multiple structures in Egypt were built. So the very fact that the pyramids, which were made from some of this limestone that hadn't precipitated yet, are standing without any evidence of flooding to their tops, shows clear and demonstrable evidence against the Noachian flood. Facepalm

If you get them to admit to the definitive date of the flood that is after the pyramids were built, you can nail them to the wall- or a cross. Thumbsup

Check out an ACTUAL geologist explain this, especially around the 9:30 mark:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
17-08-2017, 06:04 PM
[Image: eternal_400x1621.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post