I debate with a Christian Coworker and his answers are at least odd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: I debate with a Christian Coworker and his answers are at least odd
(22-08-2017 09:20 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 06:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Then it should be easy for you to present evindence, from all over the world.

There is evidence all over the world; the fossils are the result of the flood.
All fossils, really? Laugh out load

Too bad this isnt the answer to the question i was asking. I was asking to show us evidence of an event that changed the geography of world completely.
(21-08-2017 06:19 AM)theophilus Wrote:  It was part of a geological upheaval that completely changed the geography of the world.
How does "all fossils" demonstrate this? Facepalm Laugh out load
"All fossils" could also be evidence for "pink pixies placed them everywhere". Drinking Beverage
Why sould i accept your god hypothesis instead of the pink pixie hypothesis?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2017, 10:10 AM
(22-08-2017 09:20 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Incest is wrong because we possess defective genes. Noah lived much closer to the creation so in his time there would have been fewer defects, so incest wasn't a problem.
Incest is wrong because...genes? Silly me, i thought your morals were based on god and hi sproclamations, not on genes. We cant be moral without god, ya know. Please clarify.
Or...God approves of incest (although its wrong because...genes)?
He surely wont drown every.living.thing because of all kinda violations of stoopid rules, and then one of the first things he allows is incest....would be stupid to be against incest and then allow it right after the flood, right? Really stupid, no?

Which is it?

22-08-2017, 10:33 AM
(21-08-2017 06:30 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Then it should be easy for you to present evindence, from all over the world.

(21-08-2017 09:14 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  Even if this were not a completely unsupported assertion it is not even consistent with the Bible story or (some) Christian doctrine.

First: sin existed before Noah according to Genesis 6:5-7 it was the reason for Yahweh's mass slaughter.

Sin entered the world when Adam sin. It took some time for the results of that sin to take effect.

Quote:Second: if eating meat is a sin, where does that put communion?

Eating meat isn't a sin. In Genesis 9:3 God told Noah, "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

How does this affect communion? Only bread and wine are consumed. There is no meat involved.

(21-08-2017 09:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  How exactly did Noah and his family handle dangerous animals like hippos and gators without getting attacked? How exactly did kangaroos cross an ocean without help? How is it when salt water and fresh water mixed, which would have to happen if the flood really did happen, how did the salt water life and fresh water life survive, because there is very little overlap in those respective species.

He obviously took baby animals, which were too small to be dangerous. He would have had to do this in the case of the dinosaurs; he probably did the same with the other animals.

We also don't know whether the sea was salty then.

Quote:Ok, so this knid, loving super hero has the power to correct humans in a non lethal manor, but goes out of his way to torture dissenters, even if their only crime is picking the wrong club, even if they are innocent women, babies, and children and men. He has to carpet bomb the entire population with a very physically painful way of dying. Filling the lungs up with water is a slow painful way of dying. And this would be the entire population of the planet which would have been billions.

This just shows how God regards sin.

Quote:And after that act of mass genocide, is left with incest to repopulate the planet.

Incest is wrong because we possess defective genes. Noah lived much closer to the creation so in his time there would have been fewer defects, so incest wasn't a problem.

Since fossils are the result of the flood, why do we find certain species in specific layers and not all of them? How is it we can use our knowledge of the fossil record and geological time scale to 'predict' where we would expect to find species such as Tiktaalik?

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
22-08-2017, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 12:52 PM by unfogged.)
(22-08-2017 10:33 AM)Loom Wrote:  Since fossils are the result of the flood, why do we find certain species in specific layers and not all of them? How is it we can use our knowledge of the fossil record and geological time scale to 'predict' where we would expect to find species such as Tiktaalik?

Hydrological sorting in 3... 2... 1....

His head is so far up AIG's butt he's looking out the mouth

TP, while you're answering replying to Loom's question with more unsubstantiated bullshit, please explain how the grand canyon formed in the flood even though the layers are composed of different types of rocks that form under very different conditions and require long periods of time in which to form. A flood that either gouged out or deposited that much would leave a very different result.

Edited to replace "answering" since it won't actually be an answer

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
22-08-2017, 12:33 PM
More ad hoc made up BS or *magic* in 5...4...3

[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
22-08-2017, 01:46 PM

Sin entered the world when Adam sin. It took some time for the results of that sin to take effect.

But the fossil record reveals animals with carnivore and omnivore dentition, so predators must have existed before the flood.

Quote:Second: if eating meat is a sin, where does that put communion?

Eating meat isn't a sin.
Why did you imply it was, then? You claimed that some animals became carnivores because of sin entering the world. That would be relevant if and only if meat eating was connected with sin.

Quote:How does this affect communion?
Only bread and wine are consumed. There is no meat involved.

Obviously. But many Christians consider them to be ritually and magically the body and blood of Christ; some even go so far as to consider them literally transformed in the rite.

(21-08-2017 09:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  How exactly did kangaroos cross an ocean without help?

Quote:He obviously took baby animals, which were too small to be dangerous. He would have had to do this in the case of the dinosaurs; he probably did the same with the other animals.

Then how did the immature animals travel across oceans? That would be even less likely than for fully grown ones.

Why was an ark needed to hold animals in the first place? Had God forgotten how to create plants and animals wholesale?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 3 users Like Norm Deplume's post
23-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Holy shit, I can't believe creationists are still trying to say the fossil record proves a global flood. Stop listening to your paster explain fossils to you, because they don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
24-08-2017, 03:48 AM
(22-08-2017 09:20 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Incest is wrong because we possess defective genes. Noah lived much closer to the creation so in his time there would have been fewer defects, so incest wasn't a problem.

God was very much in favour of incest. Eve was essentially a clone of Adam but with two X chromosomes instead of one. Why not just mix some more dust and build another human with different genes? Had he forgotten how to do that?
Ir maybe he could have increased the gene pool by altering genes in the entire species. After all, he did that with a whole sub-order by removing the legs from all of the snakes.

On the other hand everything in Genesis up to and including the flood could be an attempt to deny that the Rainbow Serpent was the real creator god. Hence the parts about vilifying snakes and altering physical laws to show a rainbow. The modern terms are propaganda or fake news.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 1 user Likes Norm Deplume's post