I despise Christianity.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 07:01 PM
I despise Christianity.
As seen elsewhere, you may have noted I am less than patient with Christianity. Actually, I despise it.

I have a strong interest in ethics and have enjoyed many an hour reading various systems, history etc etc. As a child Christianity was something I experienced for a short time. Catholicism actually. But only for 4 years. The religion classes seemed idiotic. I never believed. Not for one moment.

In later years upon discovering Voltaire, my interest in Christianity began to take hold. But it was a thing to me. A very dangerous thing.

I read further, Neitzsche, Descartres and the rest, and I began to worry. So I picked up a KJV1611 and began reading.

What I read was not an enlightened manifesto or moral guide. To me it represented hatred, anger, xenophobia, racism, greed... Indeed, all I thought wrong with the world.

As years passed many a "Christian" approached me. I began debating them. It was fun at first. Often they would use scripture. You know, the usual stuff, John 3-16 and the like. None were prepared to be out done in scripture.

Later I argued with ministers and priests. The ministers were more scary than the preists, who seemed tired of it all.

Why do I tell you this? Simply because I want there to be no mistakes.

To me there are two kinds of animal. Dangerous and not. I view Christians and Muslims the same way. I once had to pull a violent evangelical Christian off a homeless man in Sydney Australia. He was atop the man screaming "ACCEPT CHRIST!"

Of course not all are psychos. But the devoted to all scripture Christian is the one I take seriously. But they all have their degrees of course. It may be the racist southern mother threatening her daughter. Or the anti Semite hiding in plain site. Such as a student's mother who accused me of being a Jew when I told her I do not celebrate Christmas.

Rarely is it the touchy feely ignorant person who believes Christ was all embracing. These people are not a threat.

Until they vote for someone who is a threat.

Yeah, I don't take religion lightly.

Now you may read my signature. It is true I am unwell and my brain is suffering. But I reckon today it is about 70%. So you can probably take this post somewhat seriously.

I make no apology for my feelings about Christianity. Especially on an atheist website.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
24-04-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: I despise Christianity.
My biggest concern is with society's reluctance to actually deal with the scary type of fundamentalism. If someone crosses the line legally, they get arrested, and everyone shakes their head. Of course, most of the people shaking their head are upset that the person misinterpreted Christianity or are mad that they're making a bad name for all the others.

I think most people understand that if they speak out too much against religion X, that it might lead to a slippery slope where we speak out against religion Y, and eventually their religion. So... they accept pretty much everything. So long as you don't break any laws, they'll say you're entitled to it. A parent can opt to not vaccinate their child or even take them to the hospital in lieu of prayer. Until the child actually dies, no one steps in.

Society needs to get better at speaking out against the more hateful and dangerous forms of fundamentalism and be proactive. Reactionary stances end up with dead children and beaten spouses. Sure, the fundies will pitch the biggest fit of all fits and say this is the persecution they've been warning us about, but at the end of the day, "moderate" and "liberal" Christians tolerate too much for fear that their belief systems will no longer be tolerated.

Not everything is a slippery slope. Some things are just bad.

Edit:
And this doesn't have to take the form of "Baptists are outlawed" or something, but we can make laws to say that "if you live in this country, you get vaccinated" and "Gay people have constitutional protections and religion doesn't let you skirt around that". It wouldn't make any particular religion illegal, but we could at least stop pandering to them and acting like their view point is in any way equivalent to what the rest of the grown ups think.
[+] 8 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Agreed.

I do not believe we need to give religions that protest our very existence a free pass.

Atheists need to be careful they don't politically correct themselves to extinction.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
24-04-2014, 09:15 PM
“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.” – Anonymous

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
24-04-2014, 09:17 PM
I have no problem with christianity. The real problem is creationist. I noticed that christians that accept evolution tend to be less violent than their creationist counterparts(plus most red necks are creationist ewwwwww)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-04-2014, 03:13 AM
I despise all religions. They're a plague on mankind.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
25-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I despise Christianity, but I do not despise Christians as a whole. I do despise some Christians though and they fall into two categories.

The first is the highest level leaders. In the Catholic church, for example, that would be the pope and the cardinals. Those people must be prepared to argue against anyone who would oppose them so they must have a great deal of the same knowledge that makes atheists - the logical arguments, the real history of the origin of the biblical writings, the contradictions, the biblical atrocities, alternative scientific explanations, the lack of evidence - and while having that knowledge, they continue to spread their lies anyway. Dodgy

The second are the Christians who will go along with anything without further thought just because they believe - and often falsely so! - that their religion says they should. Often these people are among the most ignorant about the doctrines they claim to follow, but they say they would even kill someone if they thought God wanted them to. Those people are scary. And they can and do vote. Weeping

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-04-2014, 09:49 AM
I don't despise Christianity any more than any other religion. I find it just as offensive and silly as all the other ones. I happen to know many more christians and catholics since that is what I was raised in and the area that I grew up in. It seems for the most part people just say they are Christian and Catholic without actually practicing or even discussing it.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
25-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Banjo, sorry I get so arsey in the other thread mate, I actually like a lot of what you post and I don't think me implying you are disingenuous or calling you a troll is constructive. So my sincere apologies.

On topic.
Again, most people on here don't oppose your view concerning the actual religion. ... I hate all religious and superstitious shit.

The problem you and I reach an impass on, which I am happy to let go of. ... is separating the human qualities of a believer from indoctrination. This is one of the reasons I don't default hate the religious. ... The average Christian born in the west is brought up to be told what they are. To most it never becomes an issue, they never read the Bible and they just amble through life. Admittedly, it's their own fault if they chose ignorance it's just not malicious, bad or with negative intent that this happens. ...However, the sheople are numbers, a mobilised voting mass. We will never change anyone's mind by branding them evil. To an extent, I would go so far as to call them victims of Christianity.

Their educated leaders though? Different story, utter cunts. Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
26-04-2014, 08:08 AM
I agree that a mother shouldn't be allowed to let her child die because of her delusions about an ancient sky daddy, or that religious officials can get away with the abuse of innocent children. It makes me sick to think of how much religion has retarded scientific growth over the years.

My thoughts are religion is just a power game for people who like to cash in on the misery of others.