I detest psychiatry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 06:35 AM
RE: I detest psychiatry
(26-12-2012 06:23 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Yep, they do have the "Team Jesus" thing goin on.

Jesus Christ! [Image: Cherna-facepalm.gif]
Quote:btw, you guys have all seen the BLR of Bella and Edward right? lol

Well if you haven't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmxSk0wZxss

Never read the "books" or seen the movies, but am positive this makes more sense than them.
Quote:(This Thread is crap anyways lol)
Well, even the bestest of threads get derailed, why should this crapper of a thread be any different? (It says a lot if talking about Twilight is actually an improvement.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2012, 08:27 PM
For the specific original poster, I think we should enact the medieval psychiatric procedures. This includes, but is not limited to imprisonment, violent assault, psychological torture, and starvation. Let's scare the damn demons out of em'!

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
29-12-2012, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 01:47 PM by FlyingPizzaMonster.)
While the OP should have stated her (I'm assuming it's a her because of the avatar) case from the start rather than mid-thread. I don't think she is trolling.

As a victim of child psychology (due to parental hypochondria bordering on Munchhausen) my opinion of psychiatry - at least the psychiatry that was forced upon me when I was 11 - is extremely negative. There is a lot of subjective philosophy and junk science being passed off as medicine.

Those of you who have not been put through this would be surprised as how much damage can be done.
(26-12-2012 08:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  For the specific original poster, I think we should enact the medieval psychiatric procedures. This includes, but is not limited to imprisonment, violent assault, psychological torture, and starvation. Let's scare the damn demons out of em'!
These "medieval" practices are recent. The man who invented the icepick lobotomy was given a Nobel prize for his procedure. It wasn't until years (and thousands of destroyed lives) later that the procedure was halted because it utterly destroyed the patients with no benefit whatsoever. Up until the 1970s some states forcibly sterilized mental patients.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment
An interesting study on what happens when a mistake is made. Researchers would get themselves admitted by claiming to hear voices. Once in the hospital they dropped all pretenses. The fact that they were sane went completely unnoticed. The implication is that there are no checks and balances. One bad doctor makes a bad diagnosis, and it is automatically assumed to be beyond question. Granted that was in 1973. Hopefully things have improved since then.
01-01-2013, 07:33 PM
http://www.psychiatric-abuse.org.uk/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...dr-shock-trial

http://www.cchr.co.uk/tag/psychiatric-abuse/

Are you going to excuse these items, like modern PC society does?

Stop trying to LIE and say that psychiatry is "benevolent". It's evil and deserves to be BANNED/OUTLAWED.
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 12:09 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
That's funny. You don't seem to be phased by genocide, bullying, racism, and petty moral arguments, but seem to be getting a (fake) moral raging boner over psychiatry, breaking your own (fake) laissez-faire persona.

You truly are a weak troll. The only reason you have gotten as much attention as you have is because you have arrived at a time where much more competent dickweeds were feeding off the member base, leaving us in a weakened state. Once everybody has wiped the sand out of their vaginas, they will ignore and forget about you, because you're so far overshadowed by other material that has reared its ugly head. I can see why you scientifically stick to a two sentence response structure. Any longer and you would bore people to death.

So as for the forum: wipe the sand out of your vaginas. This guy is a joke, he can't even maintain consistency within the boundaries he sets himself.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
02-01-2013, 06:22 AM
AW: RE: I detest psychiatry
(02-01-2013 12:06 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So as for the forum: wipe the sand out of your vaginas. This guy is a joke, he can't even maintain consistency within the boundaries he sets himself.
People are inconsistent.

People are contradictory.

People are not always rational.

So what?

Hobo

/parody

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Brb, need to go criticize a bunch of moral hypocrites by pointing out that people are naturally hypocrites.

Also, need to go question people for doing whatever they please by pointing out that they could have done whatever they pleased.

Really isn't much more to his arguments now is there?

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-01-2013, 08:36 AM
(02-01-2013 12:06 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So as for the forum: wipe the sand out of your vaginas. This guy is a joke, he can't even maintain consistency within the boundaries he sets himself.
That's why I like to argue with this guy. It is like a morale booster.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: AW: I detest psychiatry
(02-01-2013 06:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
People are inconsistent.

People are contradictory.

People are not always rational.

So what?

Hobo

/parody
People are naturally contradictory. And?
03-01-2013, 10:52 AM
(02-01-2013 03:39 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Brb, need to go criticize a bunch of moral hypocrites by pointing out that people are naturally hypocrites.

Also, need to go question people for doing whatever they please by pointing out that they could have done whatever they pleased.

Really isn't much more to his arguments now is there?
lol... don't you get how human beings behave?