I detest psychiatry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: I detest psychiatry
(24-12-2012 09:46 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  No, your behavior is not making sense. You state you don't believe in logic, which is stupid enough as it is, then you turn around ask somebody else to give a logical counterpoint to your baseless claim, then when you are called out on this, you throw out a "people are contradictory" justification for being a dumbass and expect to us to be content with that. What the fuck is going on in your head?
People are contradictory. How is that so controversial?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2012, 06:55 PM
(24-12-2012 06:44 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 09:46 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  No, your behavior is not making sense. You state you don't believe in logic, which is stupid enough as it is, then you turn around ask somebody else to give a logical counterpoint to your baseless claim, then when you are called out on this, you throw out a "people are contradictory" justification for being a dumbass and expect to us to be content with that. What the fuck is going on in your head?
People are contradictory. How is that so controversial?
It's not controversial, it's just plain fucking stupid. You first say you don't believe in Logic. Then you try to point the finger and say you need a logical rebuttal. Then, when we post about your double standard, you use a cop out that explains nothing but the fucking obvious.

Troll is troll. I suggest you Gtfo or face my prepubescent wrath.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
24-12-2012, 06:59 PM
(24-12-2012 06:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 06:44 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  People are contradictory. How is that so controversial?
It's not controversial, it's just plain fucking stupid. You first say you don't believe in Logic. Then you try to point the finger and say you need a logical rebuttal. Then, when we post about your double standard, you use a cop out that explains nothing but the fucking obvious.

So if people are contradictory, what's the issue? It's human behaviour, don't let reality be an obstacle for you.
24-12-2012, 07:14 PM
(24-12-2012 06:59 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 06:55 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  It's not controversial, it's just plain fucking stupid. You first say you don't believe in Logic. Then you try to point the finger and say you need a logical rebuttal. Then, when we post about your double standard, you use a cop out that explains nothing but the fucking obvious.

So if people are contradictory, what's the issue? It's human behaviour, don't let reality be an obstacle for you.
Its not the issue. the issue is you have not presented anything that supports you arguments, yet you expect US to present you with a logical answer. Its a double standard and you saying that people are contradictory answers absolutely nothing in the terms of this discussion.

you have yet to provide any evidence that All( or most) psychiatrists are pushing an Agenda or "Religion" as you call it. I want you to at least not preform this obscene double standard.

remember:

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Christopher Hitchens

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I consider myself a psychiatric survivor.

I detest psychiatrists for the following reasons:

- Saying my siblings are "better" than I am, and I am nothing.
- Saying I am "bad" to be an atheist, and that it's a mental illness
- Saying that I cannot amount to anything, and only "special" people can achieve

These "people" made me worse, without any care or regard.

So don't dismiss my points, kindly. I'd fucking slap you for up for your ego if you did.
24-12-2012, 07:40 PM
(24-12-2012 07:34 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I consider myself a psychiatric survivor.

- Saying that I cannot amount to anything, and only "special" people can achieve

So don't dismiss my points, kindly. I'd fucking slap you for up for your ego if you did.
If you'd posted that at the beginning, slack might have been cut.

You didn't. Hope that clears that up for you. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
24-12-2012, 07:56 PM
"So don't dismiss my points, kindly. I'd fucking slap you for up for your ego if you did."

That doesn't make any sense.

Also, you originally posted a broad claim instead of a personal story. What the fuck did you expect? Either your communication skills are really terrible, or I stand by your being a troll.

Either way, if your story is true there are details missing. How many psychiatrists have you seen, and did they all say the same shit?
Also to clarify just because you've taken issue with the behaviour of several psychiatrists that does not make all psychiatrists the same. Just those ones you've dealt with. I have had numerous dealings with scumbag people, but I'd be remiss to blanket the whole of humanity with the same vitriol I spray on those scumbags.
Hate is so much more effective when aimed correctly.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
24-12-2012, 08:15 PM
(24-12-2012 07:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If you'd posted that at the beginning, slack might have been cut.

They were too busy thinking about punching people in the streets Tongue

Also 3000th post.

[Image: 30HuC.gif]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
24-12-2012, 08:39 PM
(24-12-2012 07:34 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I consider myself a psychiatric survivor.

Psychology is an academic and applied discipline that involves the scientific study of mental functions and behaviors. Psychology has the immediate goal of understanding individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases, and by many accounts it ultimately aims to benefit society.

Psychiatry is the medical specialty devoted to the study, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, of mental disorders. These include various affective, behavioral, cognitive and perceptual abnormalities.

Usually the psychiatrist prescribes medications to relive, or dampen symptoms, and the psychologist is able to aid in therapy to help you manage your symptoms

Link for secular therapy.
http://www.seculartherapy.org/

I'm sorry you had a religious zealot for a doctor, but whats true for the individual is not true for the whole.

In other words not all psychiatry becomes evil because you had a bad encounter with one.

Do not confuse my intent, I wish only to help, educate, and debate.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
24-12-2012, 08:56 PM
(24-12-2012 08:15 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 07:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If you'd posted that at the beginning, slack might have been cut.

They were too busy thinking about punching people in the streets Tongue

Also 3000th post.

[Image: 30HuC.gif]
Way to induce a seizure. Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post