I did entertain myself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: I did entertain myself
(16-12-2015 06:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It could also be put in the Holocaust section what with all the genocide and mass murder by the dictator god .

Perhaps bookstores should all make a "Really Horrible Cruel Things" section and just stuff all the Holocaust books, serial killer bios, Bibles, apocalypse pamphlets, etc. in there. It'd probably be about 50% of the store's stock, though. Organization would be difficult.

"The universe is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Groofay's post
16-12-2015, 09:51 PM
About 15 years ago, I helped a highly-religious friend who owned a small carpet cleaning company, when two of his workers tried to blackmail him for a raise by threatening to quit on the night of his biggest contract-- a Barnes & Noble.

He had often given me crap about being an atheist, in a funny but also kinda insulting way, on occasion, in the year I'd known him. When we were cleaning the carpet of the religion section, he showed me a book about why evolution is a big lie, so I pulled this off the adjacent shelf and handed it to him:

[Image: 4a4598dbee9e7ec8802d05181e8b5dae.jpg]

He was not amused.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-12-2015, 02:55 AM
(16-12-2015 09:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  About 15 years ago, I helped a highly-religious friend who owned a small carpet cleaning company, when two of his workers tried to blackmail him for a raise by threatening to quit on the night of his biggest contract-- a Barnes & Noble.

He had often given me crap about being an atheist, in a funny but also kinda insulting way, on occasion, in the year I'd known him. When we were cleaning the carpet of the religion section, he showed me a book about why evolution is a big lie, so I pulled this off the adjacent shelf and handed it to him:

He was not amused.

They seldom are. I did a test with my brother a while back. I said the reason Krishtins can be the way they are is because they skim 'for divine inspiration' rather than read the whole thing. So I took down a copy of Waylander by David Gemmell, asked for divine inspiration and lo and behold found a passage that had spiritual meaning. Smile

Ever since we have had some lengthy discussions about how ridiculous religion, and especially the Bible is.
[+] 2 users Like Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
17-12-2015, 11:19 AM
(17-12-2015 02:55 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 09:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  About 15 years ago, I helped a highly-religious friend who owned a small carpet cleaning company, when two of his workers tried to blackmail him for a raise by threatening to quit on the night of his biggest contract-- a Barnes & Noble.

He was not amused.

They seldom are. I did a test with my brother a while back. I said the reason Krishtins can be the way they are is because they skim 'for divine inspiration' rather than read the whole thing. So I took down a copy of Waylander by David Gemmell, asked for divine inspiration and lo and behold found a passage that had spiritual meaning. Smile

Ever since we have had some lengthy discussions about how ridiculous religion, and especially the Bible is.

Waylander is the shit!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
17-12-2015, 09:55 PM
I used to troll the grocery store by turning over every box of upside down cake mix. I need to hang out in bookstores.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post