I did it! Caught up in TTA! Today is the effing day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 06:09 PM by Adrianime.)
I did it! Caught up in TTA! Today is the effing day.
My history with TTA:

In early 2013, over at Ex-Christian.net, I started talking to this girl who was struggling through her deconversion, especially with thoughts of Hell. I tried to talk to her and help her as best as I could (as a person who never believed), and we became pretty good friends. I ended up leaving Ex-Christian.net, but I added this girl on facebook since she was cool.

She and I used to talk a few times a week, she has a hard time calling herself an atheist, but essentially she is either an agnostic atheist or an agnostic deist, we would often share videos and facebook posts and such. Eventually I noticed her sharing things from the TTA facebook page, and I saw that she was "friends" with Seth. So I checked it out, and it wasn't until mid to late 2013 that I actually "liked" the TTA facebook page.

I didn't even know about the youtube videos or the podcast at first, but I soon found out. I started watching the videos, and I enjoyed them, and then on a whim, I decided to listen to the most recent podcast (at the time), The Dogma Debate (with David Smalley) Oct 1, 2013.

I listened to this, and I was impressed! I hate podcasts usually, but this guy was good. He had a great voice, and delivered material well. And most of all he was pretty chill, and not "nerdy" or overly confrontational. I got hooked, and started going back from that point, one episode at a time (listening to them at work), for about 2 weeks. Then I decided "eff it, I will just go to the beginning and get ALL of these podcasts listened to." So starting in mid-october, I set out to conquer the over 100 episodes of the podcast that had been produced.

I joined this site here in November of 2013. At that point i was listening to 3-5 podcasts per day. Eventually I slowed down...for the last few weeks probably have listened to about 1 per day (on weekdays, at work).

Today, for the first time since the Dogma debate episode, I listened to the most recent episode of the podcast that was available. Bill Nye vs. the Creationist guy.
That's right, as of today I'm finally caught up on all TTA podcasts!!!
Whew, it feels good to be current.

Oh and as an added bonus, I got a raise today at work Thumbsup !

How sweet is today? Big Grin Pretty sure I have a date tomorrow too. Damn, life is awesome. Yes

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Adrianime's post
24-01-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: I did it! Caught up in TTA! Today is the effing day.
Lol, you are a better person than me, I haven't listened to very many of them. But what I have heard and seen, I like.

I came here before I ever listened to or watched or read anything atheist. I just went through life not believing and avoiding people who would talk about god all the time.

I never particularly identified myself as atheist. I just didn't believe shit.

I am now watching stuff on youtube, at a much slower rate than you.

Hey, and congrats on the raise!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-01-2014, 06:34 PM
(24-01-2014 06:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Lol, you are a better person than me, I haven't listened to very many of them. But what I have heard and seen, I like.

I came here before I ever listened to or watched or read anything atheist. I just went through life not believing and avoiding people who would talk about god all the time.

I never particularly identified myself as atheist. I just didn't believe shit.

I am now watching stuff on youtube, at a much slower rate than you.

Hey, and congrats on the raise!
Thanks Dom! Big Grin.

I'm a completionist in many things. Once I got on this podcast boat I had to ride it all the way. I actually also never watched or read anything atheist...until late college when girls started rejecting me purely because they were Christian and I wasn't (!!!!!pissed me off!!!!). So then I started looking into Christianity and seeing how effed up it is, which lead me to get more into atheism.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
24-01-2014, 08:21 PM
I haven't listened to any of them. Always figured what's the point, I been doing this all by myself going on 4 decades now. I liked "The Story of Suzie" though. It's what brought me here. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-01-2014, 04:37 AM
I listened to the first 100 while gaming.
I don't game anymore...
I should though, you know, for the podcasts.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 3 users Like Caveman's post
25-01-2014, 04:56 AM
That reminds me of something I did recently. There's this toy collector on YouTube called "Grand Illusions" who frequently uploads videos in which he presents some of the unusual toys he has been collecting over the years.

I was so fond of his stuff that I ended up watching all of his 500+ videos in a couple of days. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-01-2014, 05:55 AM
And here I am not ever listening to one full one...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-01-2014, 06:26 AM
I think I've seen about a dozen or so. I got here by accident and then got lost. The videos are alright. If I were questioning my faith they would probably be beneficial, informative, and challenging. Congrats on the raise.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post