I did it! I came out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 06:14 PM by kpax.)
I did it! I came out!
I just came out on Facebook about 5 minutes ago on in private message to several of my most religious and closest friends and family. It was a small group but I know if I could get it out and tell the ones I was most in anxiety about it would make everyone else easier.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling just yet all I know is I sat there for about 30 minutes trying to get the courage to press the send button. Now I'm shaking like a leaf waiting for the responses!!

I will let you know how it goes.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like kpax's post
14-11-2012, 06:11 PM
RE: I did it! I came out!
Bowing
Thumbsup

Heart

14-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Gratz.. Happy for ya...

(just dont' let Egor see this post!)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
14-11-2012, 06:16 PM
(14-11-2012 06:07 PM)kpax Wrote:  I just came out on Facebook about 5 minutes ago on in private message to several of my most religious and closest friends and family. It was a small group but I know if I could get it out and tell the ones I was most in anxiety about it would make everyone else easier.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling just yet all I know is I sat there for about 30 minutes trying to get the courage to press the send button. Now I'm shaking like a leaf waiting for the responses!!

I will let you know how it goes.....
HUZZAH! Try to be gentle with them. These are people you love, right?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-11-2012, 06:16 PM
It's been ten minutes. Two people seen the post already. One of which I was most worried about. Nobody is calling in for an exorcism yet. LOL. Feeling a little better....

I've been having such damn anxiety over this the past few weeks so I knew it was time to let it out.
14-11-2012, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 06:24 PM by kpax.)
(14-11-2012 06:16 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  HUZZAH! Try to be gentle with them. These are people you love, right?

Oh yeah, I was and will be. I tried to soften the blow as much as I could without being apologetic. I know it's going to hurt and concern a few people greatly only because they care about my well being.

I'm just not sure who is going to cut me out of their life. That is the scary part.
14-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Good night. I'm going to sleep. I shut my phone off for the evening. Just don't want to be bombarded with phone calls right now and need to sleep off the rest of the anxiety so I can wake up to my new life!!

Thanks for being there everyone. Heart
[+] 7 users Like kpax's post
14-11-2012, 06:37 PM
(14-11-2012 06:21 PM)kpax Wrote:  Good night. I'm going to sleep. I shut my phone off for the evening. Just don't want to be bombarded with phone calls right now and need to sleep off the rest of the anxiety so I can wake up to my new life!!

Thanks for being there everyone. Heart
Here's to new horizons!

Also, I realize it may be personal, but if you don't mind sharing, can we see what you sent them? Or perhaps you could paraphrase? Just curious, no pressure. I still haven't "come out" myself yet. Not sure I need to, but reading what other people have posted for their families has been rather enlightening.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, that's mighty good of you to include us into the closing of this chapter of your life, Kpax.

And now? As you begin the next, the fun truly begins.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Whoo-hoo! Good for you! I second the motion to see a jist of what you sent them, if you're comfortable sharing. Eager to see the responses!

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user