I did it! I came out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2012, 09:51 AM
RE: I did it! I came out!
(16-11-2012 09:33 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Well, duh, you were doing the Baptist ones. Angry

I'm talkin' about the full-on Catholic ones, or the Santaria ones.
Yeah, that stuff scared the Hell out of me... Confused
Ugh - who'd want to clean up after one of those? Confused

By the way, what happens after - does everyone just go out for ice cream, or what?

Kind of a drag to spend the rest of your life knowing you'll never peak the way you did when all that shit was going on around you... and in you. I'm betting there are a lot of follow up and even copy cat exorcisms that go on.

Kind of explains the appeal of reality TV. Dodgy

Hey Kpax - pretty cool that you came out so publicly - a little like doing a cannon ball into the pool at the Ladies Luncheon, huh? Wink

I'm betting a few of your friends will eventually see that nothing's really changed about you. Just be who you are and maybe others will see they can do the same.

Enjoy the fresh air. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
16-11-2012, 11:54 AM
(16-11-2012 09:51 AM)kim Wrote:  Ugh - who'd want to clean up after one of those? Confused
Well, my understanding is that at one point in Catholic history (maybe even the present, I dunno), throwing out the wine left over after communion was some flavor of sacrilege. So, after the service, the priest had to drink it.

All of it.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
16-11-2012, 12:59 PM
(16-11-2012 11:54 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(16-11-2012 09:51 AM)kim Wrote:  Ugh - who'd want to clean up after one of those? Confused
Well, my understanding is that at one point in Catholic history (maybe even the present, I dunno), throwing out the wine left over after communion was some flavor of sacrilege. So, after the service, the priest had to drink it.

All of it.
Ah... another one of the convenient perks of the priesthood. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
16-11-2012, 02:30 PM
(16-11-2012 11:54 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  

All of it.
So how do I apply for Catholic seminary school? Hobo

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
17-11-2012, 03:04 AM
I just want to drop a quick note and thank everyone for their support. I needed it!

I had so much anxiety in the weeks leading up to this and now I feel really great. Everything went way better than expected.

It's almost like getting comfortable in new skin so now I can just move on with my life. Chase
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
17-11-2012, 03:12 AM
No worries, just make sure if you start to feel like crazy is working it's way back in to give us a call.

I'd hate for our handy work to be undone.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-11-2012, 03:30 AM
(17-11-2012 03:04 AM)kpax Wrote:  I just want to drop a quick note and thank everyone for their support. I needed it!

I had so much anxiety in the weeks leading up to this and now I feel really great. Everything went way better than expected.

It's almost like getting comfortable in new skin so now I can just move on with my life. Chase
I was holding off on the congratulations until you found out how it worked. Now that it's all working out? Congratulations! Bechased

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
17-11-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm very glad for you, especially if it helped you with any anxiety you were holding up. Glad this community could be a good support for you! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
17-11-2012, 03:35 AM

There's nothing noble about being an atheist. All you do is separate yourself from people and walk around with this big atheist chip on your shoulder. It's one thing to say you don't know what God is, or to say you don't know if there's a God, but to tell your daughter you don't believe there is a God is just going to bring her down during the tough times of life.

When you say you're an atheist, you not only are telling people you think your life is meaningless, but that you think their life is meaningless, too. Because whether you want to admit it or not, that's what atheism implies. It also says to others, like your daughter, that you might do anything since there can be no standard for right and wrong, or that she can do anything. You may not believe that, but that is the implication of atheism whether you believe it or not.

If I were you, I'd tell everyone you were wrong, and now you're just not sure if God exists--because that's really the truth.
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2012, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 03:55 AM by kpax.)
(17-11-2012 03:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  There's nothing noble about being an atheist.

There's nothing noble about being an anonymous know-it-all on a forum.

(17-11-2012 03:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  There's nothing noble about being an atheist. All you do is separate yourself from people and walk around with this big atheist chip on your shoulder. It's one thing to say you don't know what God is, or to say you don't know if there's a God, but to tell your daughter you don't believe there is a God is just going to bring her down during the tough times of life.

When you say you're an atheist, you not only are telling people you think your life is meaningless, but that you think their life is meaningless, too. Because whether you want to admit it or not, that's what atheism implies. It also says to others, like your daughter, that you might do anything since there can be no standard for right and wrong, or that she can do anything. You may not believe that, but that is the implication of atheism whether you believe it or not.

If I were you, I'd tell everyone you were wrong, and now you're just not sure if God exists--because that's really the truth.

Please, Egor, only speak for yourself and more importantly: don't tell me how to think and don't you shove stereotypical babble don't my throat.
[+] 6 users Like kpax's post