I did it! I came out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2012, 04:10 AM

RE: I did it! I came out!
(17-11-2012 03:45 AM)kpax Wrote:  Please, Egor, only speak for yourself and more importantly: don't tell me how to think and don't you shove stereotypical babble don't my throat.

I'm giving you a reality check. What do you want? A pat on the back? All you did was de-friend a bunch of people in your life. You're going to find that will come back to haunt you. So, take my stereotypical babble to heart while you still can. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2012, 04:12 AM
(14-11-2012 06:12 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Gratz.. Happy for ya...

(just dont' let Egor see this post!)
Unsure

Oops!

Too late!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-11-2012, 04:14 AM
(17-11-2012 03:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  There's nothing noble about being an atheist. All you do is separate yourself from people and walk around with this big atheist chip on your shoulder. It's one thing to say you don't know what God is, or to say you don't know if there's a God, but to tell your daughter you don't believe there is a God is just going to bring her down during the tough times of life.

When you say you're an atheist, you not only are telling people you think your life is meaningless, but that you think their life is meaningless, too. Because whether you want to admit it or not, that's what atheism implies. It also says to others, like your daughter, that you might do anything since there can be no standard for right and wrong, or that she can do anything. You may not believe that, but that is the implication of atheism whether you believe it or not.

If I were you, I'd tell everyone you were wrong, and now you're just not sure if God exists--because that's really the truth.
You are right about one thing here. Being an atheist has nothing to be with gases or aristocracy, and that is where it ends.

All atheists do is separate themselves and walk around with a big chip on our shoulders? Yes, we separate ourselves ideologically from the religious, but that is generally the extent, most don't want to lose families or friends, it is generally their relations who cannot accept new disbelief and thus abandon (us), sure many atheists identify themselves as such because they, like myself, are vehemently Anti-Theist, and unwilling to put up with bullshit attempts at teaching what is evidently bullshit. And yeah, many of us might just have chips on our shoulders, wouldn't you if after however many years of the religious people in your life telling you things (indoctrinating you), and learning practically all of it is false. I tell you, the idea pisses me off to the core, and knowing that right now children are being indoctrinated and nothing can be done to save their little minds from the poison angers me greatly (maybe I just hate people who lie, which explains my hatred of doctors who bullshit patients about their condition). However there are just as many atheists who don't bare resentment or a "chip on their shoulder" to anybody, they simply learned and know better.

Your second assumption is baseless. Informing your child of your beliefs (or lack there of) is not congruent with fucking up their lives when they are old enough to have shit be flung at them, what they believe and how they act on it is and always should, be their choice.

And no; When I say "I am an atheist" it means I don't believe in a theistic god, I lack theism. This does not translate into "There is no meaning in my, or anybody else's life". Such a statement is not only patently false and absurd, but also shows just how very ignorant you are Egor. And no, that is not what atheism implies, it implies a lack of theistic belief, nothing more, nothing less.

And for fuck sake you are throwing out the "Where do you get your morality from?" argument? Even from you, that is disappointing, it is so hack-neyed that I doubt anybody can take it seriously anymore. Man's morality came forth from nature, just as God came forth from man, every human being has their own moral code, and I am living up to one of my key mandates now.

But hell, if you'd like I am sure we could meet up and find some adulterous men and women to stone to death, or maybe a disobedient 5 year old who is throwing a tantrum in the supermarket if we're lucky, that'll be to stone! Who else are we allowed to murder?

Move along mister troll, there is nothing for you here.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
17-11-2012, 04:17 AM
(17-11-2012 04:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm giving you a reality check. What do you want? A pat on the back? All you did was de-friend a bunch of people in your life. You're going to find that will come back to haunt you. So, take my stereotypical babble to heart while you still can. Yes

Whose reality? Yours?

I don't find your reality valid in anyway because I know this is really all about you being afraid and trying to project it unto others. But nice try. I am comfortable in my own skin, thanks.

Deconverting Support: r/Deconverting and r/Freethinker
[+] 6 users Like kpax's post
17-11-2012, 04:23 AM

(17-11-2012 04:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And no; When I say "I am an atheist" it means I don't believe in a theistic god, I lack theism. This does not translate into "There is no meaning in my, or anybody else's life". Such a statement is not only patently false and absurd, but also shows just how very ignorant you are Egor.

No. It shows how ignorant you are, because you won't examine the implications of your belief. You say there is no God, but then you refuse to examine what that truth (if it is true) leads to, and then what that leads to, and on and on.
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2012, 04:30 AM
(17-11-2012 04:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 04:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And no; When I say "I am an atheist" it means I don't believe in a theistic god, I lack theism. This does not translate into "There is no meaning in my, or anybody else's life". Such a statement is not only patently false and absurd, but also shows just how very ignorant you are Egor.
No. It shows how ignorant you are, because you won't examine the implications of your belief. You say there is no God, but then you refuse to examine what that truth (if it is true) leads to, and then what that leads to, and on and on.

Whose truth? Life according to Egor?

Wow, I've only been here a week and I can see right through you.

Mass assumptions based on baseless beliefs. You almost sound like a Christian.

17-11-2012, 04:30 AM
(17-11-2012 04:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  

The implications of my beliefs are simply that there is, in all probability, no god. I am not any weaker or any more devoid of purpose than I was before my discovery of my reasoning faculties. In fact, I'd consider myself stronger and better off by far, if that is what you are getting at.

That truth you speak of, leads simply on to my next truth. I do not require a god to have a reason to search out truth, as truth is ultimately greater than god, should it, against all probability, exist at all, as god may not exist, but truth must exist.

17-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Don't justify yourself to that fool. You can't argue with ego.

[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
17-11-2012, 04:40 AM
(17-11-2012 04:34 AM)kpax Wrote:  Don't justify yourself to that fool. You can't argue with ego.

I know that, but I honestly can't help myself, I am a very argumentative person, everywhere I go...

To quote The Amazing Atheist: "Throwing logic at a troll is like throwing a piece of baloney at a tank

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
17-11-2012, 04:52 AM
(17-11-2012 04:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 04:34 AM)kpax Wrote:  Don't justify yourself to that fool. You can't argue with ego.

I know that, but I honestly can't help myself, I am a very argumentative person, everywhere I go...

To quote The Amazing Atheist: "Throwing logic at a troll is like throwing a piece of baloney at a tank
I haven't heard that before LOL! Laughat that's good.