I did it! I came out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 02:58 AM
RE: I did it! I came out!
Glad I could be of some service, after all, before I threw that out in the open, all I was doing was throwing the proverbial baloney.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 03:27 AM
I did it! I came out!
(18-11-2012 02:25 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Nice. So many great quotes, so little room on my bumper.

I'd like to borrow your quote.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-11-2012, 03:42 AM
(17-11-2012 04:10 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 03:45 AM)kpax Wrote:  Please, Egor, only speak for yourself and more importantly: don't tell me how to think and don't you shove stereotypical babble don't my throat.

I'm giving you a reality check. What do you want? A pat on the back? All you did was de-friend a bunch of people in your life. You're going to find that will come back to haunt you. So, take my stereotypical babble to heart while you still can. Yes
I can tell you that I find my life and Kpax's life far more valuable than yours. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
18-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey, Kpax.

Congratulations. I think it's wonderful that you found the strength to be true to yourself and I'm happy that the people you love are supporting you.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 5 users Like Ghost's post
05-03-2013, 11:18 PM
I just wanted to update this thread before I make my graceful exit from this site. I finally told my daughter today that I am an atheist. She is leaving in less than a week to spend time with family who already knows. I had major anxiety trying to come up with the right words to tell her because I wanted it to be from me. There were many times I came close to telling her but the words just wouldn't come out.

So, today at lunch, I just let it out and let the words flow, not really knowing what to expect and hoping that I didn't upset her. What she did next shocked me. She began smiling then finally came out and said she had been having doubts the past couple of years herself but didn't know how to tell me. Then she began to tear up, I assume from being relieved that she could finally bring this up to me, and I told her that I wanted her to come to her own conclusions about her spirituality.

So it turned out better than I expected. My worst fears were her running off, screaming and crying about me going to hell or something which would have been heartbreaking.

I just can't believe that she had her own doubts and I never had a clue. Looking back, I never see her pray, read her bible or ask about God so it all makes sense now.

I'm just so happy that this process is finally coming to a conclusion. I took a good long year to make sure of my feelings before I told people my closest loved ones about my atheism. There's been a lot of anxiety in that time and now I finally feel like I can just move on and live my life.

Heart Peace and Love and thanks for the conversations around here. I hope my coming out struggles inspires someone else to be brave and be true to themselves in life.

(16-11-2012 01:01 AM)kpax Wrote:  I haven't told her yet but I have been testing the waters. She's only 12 so I'm not sure how to bring it up.

We were watching Mythbusters so I said:

"Hey, did you know they are all atheists?"
She says "What's that?"
"Someone who doesn't believe in God."
"Oh, okay."

No freak outs or anything.

I also asked her once if people believed in something different from her such as multiple Gods, etc, what would she think? She said it would be fine as long as they allowed her to believe what she wanted to believe in.

I think she will be okay with it but she pretty much grew up in church. I'm really not sure how to bring it up just yet but I know I better do it soon before she hears it from someone else.
[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
05-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Yay for you Smile What a relief!

But boo for us... Drop in sometimes ?
06-03-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm really glad to hear that! And now that you can talk openly on the subject with your daughter... I guess you.. wont be needing... us, anymore.. Sad
06-03-2013, 12:37 AM

BS. You're a sock puppet. And in case you are not, which I know you are, let me say this: There is no honor in going to hell. Change your ways, or you will screw up this life and the next life to come.
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 12:50 AM
A sock puppet? Where?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
06-03-2013, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 01:37 AM by kpax.)
(06-03-2013 12:03 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'm really glad to hear that! And now that you can talk openly on the subject with your daughter... I guess you.. wont be needing... us, anymore.. Sad

I will see you at a different site. Smile It's because of the pedophilia thread in politics. It was too much for me.

(06-03-2013 12:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  BS. You're a sock puppet. And in case you are not, which I know you are,

Prove it. This is coming from the man who thinks he is a sock puppet for God. I'm sure the mods have the ability to look up my IP.

(06-03-2013 12:37 AM)Egor Wrote:  let me say this: There is no honor in going to hell. Change your ways, or you will screw up this life and the next life to come.

And you're going to hell for not believing in Zeus and the hundreds of other gods you sin against. Good luck with that. Thumbsup

By the way, please get help. There is something wrong with your God if he wants you to spend so much time telling us what to do versus feeding a hungry child, taking care of the poor and being the example your community wants you to be. I'm pretty sure Jesus never sprouted bullshit behind the safety of a computer screen. At least he was worthy enough to do it in people's face. I know 100% the only reason you come here is because we are the only ones who somewhat listen, even if it's negative and you don't have the balls to speak for your so-called God out in public just like your hero, Jesus, did. So before you go posting in my thread, accusing me of being a sock puppet, telling me I'm going to hell, you better make damn sure you are LIVING the religion you come here to preach about.

COWARD!
[+] 3 users Like kpax's post