I did it! I came out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: I did it! I came out!
Heart

Good for you for helping yourself be as healthy as you can in body and mind, I hope it brings strength and honesty to your relationships. Smile Let us know how it goes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2012, 08:54 PM
I did it! I came out!
I'll be praying that your friends will see the light of Reason. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2012, 09:02 PM
party tiem.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
14-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Couldn't sleep....No one has said anything yet. They are all at church is why LOL.

Here is what I posted:

Quote:Family and Friends:
Some of you may have seen this coming, some may not but I am just going say it: I have lost my faith.

It's been a long time in the making and after a lot of praying, thinking, consulting and looking within over the past few years, and even more so within the past few months which lead to this, I decided to let everyone know via FB so that my words aren't twisted and I can get everything
out that I need to say.

"Coming Out" about this is scary for me as I'm not sure who is still going to want to be in my life or not, but I needed to bring this out in the open. I am an atheist.

I'm still the same person, it's just that I found a different path in my life that I don't want to have to feel like I'm hiding and I don't want to feel like I'm lying to the people I love as most of you know that I was a Christian.

It wasn't an easy decision to make. There were a lot of internal struggles that I went through which lead me here. I am sure some of you will not agree with or understand my decision but if you love me and care about me, then I hope you can still at least respect me as I am still the same person, I just believe in one less god than you. If you can't, I won't hold a grudge and will still love you the same.

I won't go through the twists and turns on the whys and hows I lost my faith but if you need to talk, feel free to private message or call me,
my door is always open.
I was going to write:

Quote:Some of you may have seen this coming, some may not but I am just going say it: I am an atheist......
But changed it because I thought saying it that way may have been too shocking for them and that wasn't my intention.

I feel better already. Smile Anxiety is gone. I have more people I need to tell but I know it won't be a big deal to them like it was this particular group.

Deconverting Support: r/Deconverting and r/Freethinker
[+] 8 users Like kpax's post
14-11-2012, 09:13 PM
I did it! I came out!
You're a much braver woman than I am. Yes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2012, 11:12 PM
So far it's been uneventful. Two people have told me they will pray for me LOL.

Deconverting Support: r/Deconverting and r/Freethinker
[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
14-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Well played Smile Your email was great. Hit just the right note.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-11-2012, 04:34 AM
(14-11-2012 11:12 PM)kpax Wrote:  So far it's been uneventful. Two people have told me they will pray for me LOL.
Well done! One more person is at peace.

Now, what are we going to do for the 4 billion people who still believe?

I'm pleased to announce the Australian Prime Minister (an atheist), has initiated a royal commission into the abuse of children in religious institutions. Makes me wonder when Obama is going to admit he's an atheist? Does he need some encouragement?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
15-11-2012, 05:18 AM
If Obama were to make such an admission, he should do so after he's done some amazing things for our country, and closer to the end of his next term.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2012, 05:51 AM
(15-11-2012 04:34 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Makes me wonder when Obama is going to admit he's an atheist? Does he need some encouragement?
When he's done being in politics.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post