I did not see this coming.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: I did not see this coming.
(03-06-2014 02:51 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 09:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, in the fable it was a sling, not a slingshot.
There's a difference?

Yup, they are entirely different.

Slingshot
[Image: slingshot.gif]

Sling:
[Image: 94.jpg?a=1104071112060]

Use of sling:
[Image: 4884277_orig.gif]

When young, some friends and I made slings - we got pretty good at hitting things with them.

I predict Chas's Law will be fulfilled.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 04:29 PM
(03-06-2014 04:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 02:51 PM)f stop Wrote:  There's a difference?

Yup, they are entirely different.

Slingshot
[Image: slingshot.gif]

Sling:
[Image: 94.jpg?a=1104071112060]

Use of sling:
[Image: 4884277_orig.gif]

When young, some friends and I made slings - we got pretty good at hitting things with them.

I predict Chas's Law will be fulfilled. Yes

And thus was hunting invented.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Re: RE: I did not see this coming.
(18-03-2014 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My four year old told me that ghosts are real

Me - How do you know?
Her - Because they float around
Me - Have you ever seen them float around?
Her - No
Me - Are ghosts real?
Her - Yes
Me - How do you know?
Her - Because I am smart and brave
Me - Yes you are smart and brave, but how do you know ghosts are real?
Her - Because they float above the windows
Me - Have you ever seen them float above the windows?
Her - No
Me - Are ghosts real?
Her - Yes
Me - How do you know?
Her - Because I am smart and brave
Me - Yes you are smart and brave, but how do you know ghosts are real?
Her - because...

It was actually quite fun and great to see my four year old understanding the need for a "because..." and great that she would listen to me critique her because statement.
She was enjoying the conversation too, it was almost a battle of wits and she likes that stuff.

I also lie to her at times.
Her - Daddy, do you like apples
Me - No
Her - You are lying
Me - How do you know I am lying?
Her - because you are eating an apple.
Me - <tapping cheek with finger> "thinking, thinking", <scratching head> "thinking" <pause> "You are right, i like apples."

Her - Daddy, i don't like dinner
Me - You are lying
Her - How do you know
Me - because you are eating it
Her - I am eating because mummy told me to
Me - <tapping cheek with finger> "thinking, thinking"
Her - <smiling>
Me - My girl's a smart girl!

I like your parenting!
04-06-2014, 06:09 AM
I have a 7 years old cousin and boy, he is smart. He likes to question everything and he always gets around everything every time he gets into trouble. He told everyone that he wished to work at NASA (not as an astronaut though because every time he looks at space on YouTube or that film Gravity, he gets headaches!), which I approve. But I do not want him to be interested in cosmos for the wrong reason. I know he is still a boy, but he keeps bugging me with "I wanna see aliens" "where are the aliens?" "Are aliens real" or "are aliens ghosts". How do I entice him with the real stuff like cosmology, and philosophy? I did not have the benefit of exposure to all kind of things when I was a kid, but my cousin has.
04-06-2014, 06:12 AM
(04-06-2014 06:09 AM)rizzzzzzzzzzzz Wrote:  I have a 7 years old cousin and boy, he is smart. He likes to question everything and he always gets around everything every time he gets into trouble. He told everyone that he wished to work at NASA (not as an astronaut though because every time he looks at space on YouTube or that film Gravity, he gets headaches!), which I approve. But I do not want him to be interested in cosmos for the wrong reason. I know he is still a boy, but he keeps bugging me with "I wanna see aliens" "where are the aliens?" "Are aliens real" or "are aliens ghosts". How do I entice him with the real stuff like cosmology, and philosophy? I did not have the benefit of exposure to all kind of things when I was a kid, but my cousin has.

COSMOS the tv series, Neil deGrasse Tyson, MythBusters. He is 7 let him go look for aliens- he will find all those other things on the journey. Thumbsup

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
04-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Re: RE: I did not see this coming.
(04-06-2014 06:12 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 06:09 AM)rizzzzzzzzzzzz Wrote:  I have a 7 years old cousin and boy, he is smart. He likes to question everything and he always gets around everything every time he gets into trouble. He told everyone that he wished to work at NASA (not as an astronaut though because every time he looks at space on YouTube or that film Gravity, he gets headaches!), which I approve. But I do not want him to be interested in cosmos for the wrong reason. I know he is still a boy, but he keeps bugging me with "I wanna see aliens" "where are the aliens?" "Are aliens real" or "are aliens ghosts". How do I entice him with the real stuff like cosmology, and philosophy? I did not have the benefit of exposure to all kind of things when I was a kid, but my cousin has.

COSMOS the tv series, Neil deGrasse Tyson, MythBusters. He is 7 let him go look for aliens- he will find all those other things on the journey. Thumbsup

A while back I showed him the first episode of the Cosmos. Then he had headache after a few minutes. My, I will not force him to watch, but I will purposely watch the series in my own account when he is present. Maybe he'd be enticed!