Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I didn't know how to name this thread.
[serious Muffs]
Here's how I imagined this would go:
*Christmas theme goes u*
1)
Person A: What a great idea, bring a little Christmas joy to a forum that lately seems to be nothing but bickering. Thanks Muffs for investing your time in doing this for US and thanks Deep for putting it up.
Me: Not a problem. I could do a different theme for some other occasion sometime if people wanted.

2)
Person B: I appreciate your effort and think it's great that you're trying to bring some Christmas joy for the holiday session. It's nice to have a change every now and than, even for a short while. But I would appreciate it if I was able to use the original theme instead, this one's not for me sorry.
Me: Sure, not a problem you can change it back to default in user cp.

And here's how it actually went down.
*Christmas theme goes up*
Person A-Z: HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS SHIT!!!111!!!!!!11!!
*Hughsie fixes it so people can "get rid of that shit"*
Person A-Z: Thank you Hughsie, you're the best! Please, have a seat while I suck your dick.

And this is my response:
[Image: 1346202204993_6967142.png]
[Image: why-because-fuck-you-thats-why.jpg]

It's not what you said, it's how you said it.
How about you people be a little more courteous before you decide to shit all over something someone spent hours (literally. What you're seeing is not the first design) doing, FOR YOU PEOPLE with nothing but good fucking intentions.
Bunch of inconsiderate fucktards.

For those of you that appreciate what I was trying to do, despite my seemingly epic fail, you're welcome I'm glad I could at least make a few people smile
[/serious Muffs]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like earmuffs's post
09-12-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: I didn't know how to name this thread.
Love the candy cane stripes Cool thanks muffsie Wink
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
(09-12-2013 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [serious Muffs]
Here's how I imagined this would go:
*Christmas theme goes u*
1)
Person A: What a great idea, bring a little Christmas joy to a forum that lately seems to be nothing but bickering. Thanks Muffs for investing your time in doing this for US and thanks Deep for putting it up.
Me: Not a problem. I could do a different theme for some other occasion sometime if people wanted.

2)
Person B: I appreciate your effort and think it's great that you're trying to bring some Christmas joy for the holiday session. It's nice to have a change every now and than, even for a short while. But I would appreciate it if I was able to use the original theme instead, this one's not for me sorry.
Me: Sure, not a problem you can change it back to default in user cp.

And here's how it actually went down.
*Christmas theme goes up*
Person A-Z: HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS SHIT!!!111!!!!!!11!!
*Hughsie fixes it so people can "get rid of that shit"*
Person A-Z: Thank you Hughsie, you're the best! Please, have a seat while I suck your dick.

And this is my response:
[Image: 1346202204993_6967142.png]
[Image: why-because-fuck-you-thats-why.jpg]

It's not what you said, it's how you said it.
How about you people be a little more courteous before you decide to shit all over something someone spent hours (literally. What you're seeing is not the first design) doing, FOR YOU PEOPLE with nothing but good fucking intentions.
Bunch of inconsiderate fucktards.

For those of you that appreciate what I was trying to do, despite my seemingly epic fail, you're welcome I'm glad I could at least make a few people smile
[/serious Muffs]

I agree muffs, I agree. Undecided

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Awww, it's cute. Good job. Hug

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
09-12-2013, 06:23 PM
I Heart it.

I wish I could keep it year around.

Seriously I do. If it's an option I'll do just that.

Hug Muff'instuff.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

09-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Isn't there a thread where people thanked you?
I honestly don't know as I only briefly opened the Christmas theme thread and did not scan it all the way through. It seemed positive enough.

You shouldn't expect people to thank you for changing something they liked. Hell if you do things just for the appreciation you will receive for having done it, then save yourself the trouble. People are quicker to show hate than kindness.
However I agree that there was a more polite way of acknowledging displeasure.
No reason to blow the displeasure of the looks of a forum to such dizzying heights.

I can't see the change at all as I mostly visit on mobile these days. I will say this though, and it means a lot coming from me considering I think you are a shit head of epic proportions.
Thanks for attempting to make a positive contribution to the forum and doing so on your own time. I can't see it but I'm sure it looks snazzy. Good on you muffs.

Merry presentree you pile of slimy shit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I like the Christmas theme...my favorite bit is the candy canes.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
I like it.

And I would appreciate your effort even if I didn't like it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
09-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I think it's fucking lovely. I'm going to be using it until Christmas is over.

Thank you, Earmuffs.
09-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Muffs you did a fantastic job with this, hell there for a while I wasn't sure if you were ever going to actually finish it but you did. As with everything people on both sides of this have blown it way out of proportion. I didn't care either way about the theme being the default I was just informing the powers that be that there was no way to change it for people who wished to do so.

I would say the reaction has been 90% positive (most everyone seemed to like it) the only problem was the few that did not were unable to change back til KC opened that thread and fixed whatever was wrong. Now some people who shall remain chas did go a bit overboard in complaining about it and I can see where you might take insult at it, you spent a lot of time on it. But now that issue is solved I see no reason for anyone to have any issue with it. In the shoutbox today at least 10 separate people mentioned how cool the theme looked so remember to put things in perspective, buddy. Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post