I do, I do, I do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: I do, I do, I do
(27-06-2017 02:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  As long as you weren't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Who *does* that! Big Grin

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2017, 02:30 PM
When you locate an animal capable of legally signing a marriage contract with the state (and the partner), then I'll have no issue with them marrying whomever they wish.

Until then, it's a non-issue, a red herring... or a white herring, I suppose.

o/` It's a nice day for a white herring. It's a nice day to START AGAIN! o/`

Similarly, make the legal age to marry 18, and I have no issue with poly marriages. There would be some kinks to work out with how partial-divorce works, with respect to property rights, etc., but those are minor. No pun intended.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2017, 02:34 PM
(27-06-2017 02:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 01:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Really? I was expecting Peter Pan.

As long as you weren't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

I don't think even the Spanish Inquisition expected the Spanish Inquisition.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Whatever consenting adults want to do is none of my business.

I think it's great. Years ago I knew a poly triad. Two guys one girl.

One of the guys was legally married to the girl. The other guy had the house in his and the girl's name that they all lived in and they all were on the bank accounts.

The other guy had problems with his family. They didn't approve. When he got sick, his daughter found out and went to court to get a POA so she controlled everything.

She emptied the bank accounts and had the girl's name removed from the house.

After he died (another fucked up thing, she refused all medical treatment), she put the house up for sale and tried to have them evicted.

Sticky court issue persued (they were already trying to get their money back).

Then their lawyer discovered the living trust he filed with the county they lived in...

The daughter lost out big time...because she wasn't named in it. The house ended up going to the girl and her husband. The funds were restored for the most part...

But the daughter sued them for the burial expenses.

Yeah it was a fucking mess.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-06-2017, 03:26 PM
This is so wrong, Moms! Seriously, why do (narrow-minded) people expect everyone to be like them and live according to *their* rules and ideas of right and wrong? Why wouldn't some people be able to love more than one person? And who are we to tell them they can't, or that they must choose or that there is something wrong with them? That's the beauty of the world and people - nothing is black and white or as simple as some of us pretend it is...

We are all different and we love each other in different ways and I think this is wonderful...

Like William Wharton said, love is inclusive, not exclusive...

(And who is this hippy-happy person blabbering about love. Can't possibly be me, can it? Dodgy )

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-06-2017, 11:04 PM
I don't think governments should even be issuing marriage licences.

As far as I'm concerned the government should only be interested in the partnership's legal & financial aspects of the "merger" just like any corporation or partnership. The government shouldn't care what the sexual relationship of the people involved is (the only caveat being that incest would remain illegal) or even whether there is a sexual component at all. People agree to pool their resources etc... person A incorporates with person B, then later they must BOTH agree if they want to add person C then ALL 3 must agree to add person D etc... and they are all responsible legally & financially for anything their "company" produces (i.e. kids).

As for the "spiritual" side of marriage, give that back to the churches or anybody else that people find important to them. The catholic church can issue catholic marriage certificates that signify the union with man, woman & god which would be recognized solely by that organization.

You can have all the Jewish marriage certificates, scientology marriage certificates, TTA marriage certificates, Walmart marriage certificates, NRA marriage certificates, Disney...Star Trek...Firefly...Furry...etc...

Only downside....if you thought getting out of a 2 person union was messy, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

This is a lawyer's wet dream...

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
28-06-2017, 07:50 AM
(27-06-2017 11:04 PM)unsapien Wrote:  TTA marriage certificates

[Image: source.gif]

Like I said, marriage makes zero sense to me (and the mushiness attached to the ceremony and the whole "girls dreaming of themselves like white princess and all the eyes on them" baloney makes even less sense than that), so if the financial part of it all can be arranged in another way, I'm all for it.

28-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Hey now, you all can blame Brian37 instead of Girly for today's nausea.

#sigh
28-06-2017, 09:30 AM
(28-06-2017 07:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  Like I said, marriage makes zero sense to me (and the mushiness attached to the ceremony and the whole "girls dreaming of themselves like white princess and all the eyes on them" baloney makes even less sense than that), so if the financial part of it all can be arranged in another way, I'm all for it.

There are other legal implications to marriage in the USA. Like ManlyGirl can't testify to the size of my tiny penis in a court of law. (Or maybe she just can't be compelled to testify, not sure.)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-06-2017, 09:38 AM
(28-06-2017 09:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There are other legal implications to marriage in the USA. Like ManlyGirl can't testify to the size of my tiny penis in a court of law. (Or maybe she just can't be compelled to testify, not sure.)

The question, Girly, dear, is:

Will it stand up in court Big Grin

"Henry Davenport: Oh yes, they say this woman with the sexual harrasment case may be able to make Bill Clinton exhibit his penis as evidence. The question is...
All: Will it stand up in court?"

Ugh, you can't share a video here starting the exact time you want it to, like at the 7th minute mark)