I do not like vigilantism. But.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM

I exempt the Pope and others of his ilk from my usual rules against vigilante action.

For those criminals, I would say to any vigilante to go for it because those in power are ignoring the law of most lands as well as the young victims of such heinous crimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z02J_kPincA

In terms of pedophile protecting regimes, need I say more?

------------------------------------

Muslims. What of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3AvnWDYMpA

All such should pay a heavy price.

If moral people are not going to push their governments for justice then I would ask that vigilantes move themselves to action. Justice demands it.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: I do not like vigilantism. But.
At least then, the term "militant" atheist would not be oxymoronic.

No, DL, no violence... not on my watch!

DLJ

ps, but I would let choir boys carry knives!

01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
(01-10-2012 12:16 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I do not like vigilantism. But.

I exempt the Pope and others of his ilk from my usual rules against vigilante action.

For those criminals, I would say to any vigilante to go for it because those in power are ignoring the law of most lands as well as the young victims of such heinous crimes.

Muslims. What of you?

If moral people are not going to push their governments for justice then I would ask that vigilantes move themselves to action. Justice demands it.

Regards
DL

Kill a religious leader and they'll simply be replaced. All you do is outrage religious people and justify their moronic beliefs (as well as incite revenge and a hatred of your position/the position of the vigilante). I would rather religious figures live to be shamed by the world, instead of killed and made out to be heroes by their sheep.
[+] 4 users Like caffeinesoul's post
01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
No mob violence please

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Ozzie's post
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
(01-10-2012 12:16 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I do not like vigilantism.

You got that right. I wholeheartedly agree.

(01-10-2012 12:16 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  If moral people are not going to push their governments for justice then I would ask that vigilantes move themselves to action. Justice demands it.

You got this part wrong.

If governments are not serving their people, not protecting their citizens, not capturing, prosecuting, and then incarcerating or executing their criminals according to established law, then it's time to change the government. Time for new political leadership.

It's how our country got started.

It's what our founding fathers believed in.

And I agree. People establish their own government, for the peoples' sake. They should replace their government when it fails them.

Vigilantism? Individuals becoming criminals themselves by taking matters into their own hands to perpetrate criminal acts? That's no answer. It just creates more criminals.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-10-2012, 01:39 PM
(01-10-2012 12:18 PM)DLJ Wrote:  At least then, the term "militant" atheist would not be oxymoronic.

No, DL, no violence... not on my watch!

DLJ

ps, but I would let choir boys carry knives!

What would you recommend then to end the violent rape of the pedophile priest protectors when your government does nothing?

Regards
DL
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
(01-10-2012 12:25 PM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  

Muslims. What of you?

Regards
DL

Kill a religious leader and they'll simply be replaced. All you do is outrage religious people and justify their moronic beliefs (as well as incite revenge and a hatred of your position/the position of the vigilante). I would rather religious figures live to be shamed by the world, instead of killed and made out to be heroes by their sheep.

Their shame does not help the victims and for then to feel that shame, governments and the public would have to address the issue and they do not.

Regards
DL
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
(01-10-2012 12:26 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  No mob violence please

That is like saying, no justice for the victims of pedophiles and those who would protect them when in a case like this, the government is ignoring the issue.

Regards
DL
01-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Muslims. What of you?

Regards
DL
What, you want to create martyrs?
Hell no!
And this is not the sort of thing we want associated with atheism.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
(01-10-2012 12:58 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 12:16 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I do not like vigilantism.

You got that right. I wholeheartedly agree.

(01-10-2012 12:16 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  If moral people are not going to push their governments for justice then I would ask that vigilantes move themselves to action. Justice demands it.

You got this part wrong.

If governments are not serving their people, not protecting their citizens, not capturing, prosecuting, and then incarcerating or executing their criminals according to established law, then it's time to change the government. Time for new political leadership.

It's how our country got started.

It's what our founding fathers believed in.

And I agree. People establish their own government, for the peoples' sake. They should replace their government when it fails them.

Vigilantism? Individuals becoming criminals themselves by taking matters into their own hands to perpetrate criminal acts? That's no answer. It just creates more criminals.

Your solution then is for most governments to be overthrown for a new regime. A good thought but what is the likelihood of that happening?

Near 0.

That leaves the victims of pedophiles to fend for themselves.

Nice way for us to protect our children that. Not.

Regards
DL