I do not like vigilantism. But.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 09:14 AM
RE: I do not like vigilantism. But.
(04-10-2012 08:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [

Let me rephrase my question. Would you support vigilantism in the scenario described earlier in a country in which abortion for non-life threatening reasons is illegal?

If the law there is not doing the will of the people as in my case on the pope then yes.

If law is important then it is worth protecting and imposing and if need be, dying for. A vigilante should not fear facing his peers and justifying his actions.

In the case you show here, the vigilante should be able to do a citizen's arrest and should only take other action if that avenue is somehow blocked.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 09:25 AM
(04-10-2012 09:14 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  If the law there is not doing the will of the people as in my case on the pope then yes.

If law is important then it is worth protecting and imposing and if need be, dying for. A vigilante should not fear facing his peers and justifying his actions.

In the case you show here, the vigilante should be able to do a citizen's arrest and should only take other action if that avenue is somehow blocked.

Regards
DL
Is there a law forbidding the pope to cover up cases of pedophilia? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
(04-10-2012 09:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 09:14 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  If the law there is not doing the will of the people as in my case on the pope then yes.

Regards
DL
Is there a law forbidding the pope to cover up cases of pedophilia? Consider

Yes. Aiding and abetting a perprtrator in evading justice.

Regards
DL
04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
(04-10-2012 09:51 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Yes. Aiding and abetting a perprtrator in evading justice.

Regards
DL
Can you share the name of that law with me so I can look it up? Also, keep in mind that the pope lives in Vatican City.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]