I don't agree with the anti-bullying movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't agree with the anti-bullying movement
I think as humans can be cruel, it doesn't matter what we do.

I also, as many in society seem to believe, that society will "fall apart" should bullying be seen as normal. I see no logical evidence this is the case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2012, 12:48 PM
RE: I don't agree with the anti-bullying movement
(24-12-2012 08:35 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I think as humans can be cruel, it doesn't matter what we do.

I also, as many in society seem to believe, that society will "fall apart" should bullying be seen as normal. I see no logical evidence this is the case.
If you think bullying is normal, then school shootings must be normal too. You can't have one without the other, specially in America. Shoot the damn fuckers, shoot them all and kill those who always stood by and did nothing, said nothing, looked the other way. Take down the teachers too, they're responsible for what happens on their grounds. They all just cover for the jocks anyway, because they bring the school money. Where's my Bushmaster?

[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
24-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Bullying is stupid.

Its not big and its not clever.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
24-12-2012, 01:00 PM
(24-12-2012 12:48 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Where's my Bushmaster?
Get some class, man. Bushmaster are cheap cheap cheap. Get a Colt if you can. Or if you're on a budget, an SKS. You'll have to stop to reload more often, but you'll look like a badass with all those stripper clips strapped to your jacket. Also, bayonet; not practical, but scary as hell.

I am an awful person.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
24-12-2012, 01:37 PM
(24-12-2012 12:55 PM)bemore Wrote:  Bullying is stupid.

It certainly is when it is done very intelligently by a giant.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 5 users Like frankiej's post
24-12-2012, 02:12 PM
(24-12-2012 01:37 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 12:55 PM)bemore Wrote:  Bullying is stupid.

It certainly is when it is done very intelligently by a giant.

Yeah but... no but... Consider

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
24-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I will agree... kinda. As a person who was bullied as a child, I have found that the best way to handle a bully is to fight back. When I have kids, I will train them in Martial Arts, just like I was, and teach them how to fight back. If a bully bothers them at school, and the teachers/administrators don't do anything about it, my kid will go with me to the child's house and I'll watch as my kid beats the crap out of them.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
24-12-2012, 03:09 PM
(24-12-2012 08:35 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I think as humans can be cruel, it doesn't matter what we do.

So..we should just step back and watch while children get verbally and physically harassed?
Are you going to then act with "shock" when your kid does the same things to others?

Are you going to permit others to harass you to?
Do you really think allowing harassment and bullying is going to make this civilization one worth fighting for or even maintaining?

I honestly do not understand your sentiments here.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
[+] 1 user Likes Dragon-Wolf's post
24-12-2012, 04:31 PM
(24-12-2012 02:58 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  I will agree... kinda. As a person who was bullied as a child, I have found that the best way to handle a bully is to fight back. When I have kids, I will train them in Martial Arts, just like I was, and teach them how to fight back. If a bully bothers them at school, and the teachers/administrators don't do anything about it, my kid will go with me to the child's house and I'll watch as my kid beats the crap out of them.
That may sound like a solution, but in most cases it won't help. Beating up a bully works like for three weeks, then he needs another beating. It doesn't work when there are whole freakin' classes of bullies (usually jocks) plus miscellaneous classmates. And it doesn't work when the bullying isn't physical but emotional, verbal, setting up, shunning and so on.

The only thing that works against bullying is to fit in. To have friends, to be in a collective, to not be alone. And some people just can't do that. In my class, we had a "healthy core" of drinkers and smokers and then the rest of loners who were pathologically incapable of hanging out together. I must say, the "healthy core" members sometimes tried to provoke some kind of response from the outsiders by lesser or greater shock therapy, but it didn't really work.

Sometimes I dream of a peer therapy class. Are there any kids who are not too fucked up or self-centered to take in some outsiders and train them in the fine art of hanging out together? No, that's too hopeful. Perhaps a school club equipped with a safe supervised computer room, a psychologist and an after school program of acting skills, careful restoring the physique and weight loss.

As for what can we do, we should teach our kids to watch out for bullies and beat them up if they bully someone else. Not that mind your own business stuff. Not only bullies are despicable creatures, they should also scare the hell out of everyone. Perhaps they won't mow down a half of class with a gun themselves, but can bring others into a small personal concentration camp of their own and eventually to a breaking point.

24-12-2012, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 06:02 PM by Luminon.)
(24-12-2012 01:00 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Get some class, man. Bushmaster are cheap cheap cheap. Get a Colt if you can. Or if you're on a budget, an SKS. You'll have to stop to reload more often, but you'll look like a badass with all those stripper clips strapped to your jacket. Also, bayonet; not practical, but scary as hell.

I am an awful person.
You are. Blink But honesty is a good character trait Wink
Anyway, I'm not an American, nobody here can get such guns. I've got an extremely good self-control, I've been in a state to use them only for a fraction of a second at a time. Enough to give a punch in the face or to throw a chair (long story), but not to go shopping for any real gear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Animation , Feminism, and the Mutation of Anti-Feminist BrokenQuill92 20 1,184 03-08-2013 05:08 AM
Last Post: Durakken