I don't agree with the anti-bullying movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2012, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 02:42 PM by Luminon.)
RE: I don't agree with the anti-bullying movement
(24-12-2012 06:28 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I don't think mass shootings invalidate bullying.

It denotes weak coping skills, and shouldn't be praised as you think. Cho in Virginia Tech wasn't even being bullied.
I won't descend to your level of trolling. I don't praise anything. I know how it feels and I would not be surprised if bullying led to some cases of mass shootings at schools. The feelings are there, the kind of feelings that leads to misery, suicide and even mass murder. I'd like you to understand the feelings. I'd like you to
loathe and fear the idea of having bullying anywhere near you. More than you loathe and fear standing up for weird, ugly or fat people you don't want to be friends with.

Our schools are personnel factories. They teach us labor skills, not life skills. There's usually no place for teaching life skills in there, but at least we can stop the violence against those who lack them. That's a good beginning. As they write on the net, bullying is social violence. It must stop. The next step is to show the kids a social mirror. Make them understand what is it about them that makes the collective pack mark them as victims. Those who don't feel the behaviorism of the collective, must be taught it. Then they can decide how to find their place within some kind of collective, if not in a mainstream one.

Kids are like a pack of wolves. They're cruel and careless, very aware of everything different and either very curious about it or antagonistic towards the difference, both of which can be cruel behaviors. Even if not, their victims may be so far over the edge that they don't recognize when they're not being cruel. They want everyone to play the social game and those who don't... well, they'll try to make them play it, whether they want it or not.
I believe the redeeming quality is the curiosity. If we stand out, we must know how to make an advantage of it. How to sell our uniqueness, how to haggle its price up in the social language. It may need to give it a better package, through a diet, exercise, fashion and minor cosmetic surgery. (pun not intended) But above all, behaviorism is the most important. A bullied one must understand the wolf psychology, the curiosity and animosity and the great hunger for entertainment that sends them hunting in the cold, empty plains of school curricula, snowed with boredom. The boredom is so extreme, that to see some bullying might be a welcome oasis of fun in a desert. Those who stop the bullying may be seen as killjoys.

The anti-bullying website described bullying as a social violence. I often think about poverty, the economic violence. Maybe someone smarter than me will properly identify systematic and systemic boredom as a kind of violence too. Intellectual violence, perhaps?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
25-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Re: I don't agree with the anti-bullying movement
This topic reminds me of how america is turning into a big,crying vagina full of whiners who blame everything else on their problems.
25-12-2012, 06:38 PM
(25-12-2012 03:23 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  This topic reminds me of how america is turning into a big,crying vagina full of whiners who blame everything else on their problems.
i agree, life is tough. And/
25-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't have a problem with bullying if I was allowed to speak my mind without being sent to the office for being "verbally intimidating" in response to said bullying.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
25-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't agree with the way it's often carried out, this anti bullying stuff.

I think it's a good idea to teach people not to be penises all the time, and to think about the times someone was a penis to them and to think before they speak. Sometimes, though, it's good to be a penis.

But the way things are done, it's asking something of humanity that humanity is quite obviously not capable of: that is, never being a penis to someone under any circumstances. I think it's possibly problematic in the same sort of way it's a problem to tell people it's ok to silence others or freak out for "offending religious feelings." It teaches people to be passively outraged instead of being proactive. If a kid is being bullied, I think it may be more useful to teach the kid to react differently and stand up for himself than to "tattle" on the bullies, because that usually just makes things escalate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2012, 09:10 PM
(25-12-2012 08:29 PM)amyb Wrote:  I don't agree with the way it's often carried out, this anti bullying stuff.

I think it's a good idea to teach people not to be penises all the time, and to think about the times someone was a penis to them and to think before they speak. Sometimes, though, it's good to be a penis.

But the way things are done, it's asking something of humanity that humanity is quite obviously not capable of: that is, never being a penis to someone under any circumstances. I think it's possibly problematic in the same sort of way it's a problem to tell people it's ok to silence others or freak out for "offending religious feelings." It teaches people to be passively outraged instead of being proactive. If a kid is being bullied, I think it may be more useful to teach the kid to react differently and stand up for himself than to "tattle" on the bullies, because that usually just makes things escalate.
Exactly. Human nature is as such.
26-12-2012, 07:30 AM
(25-12-2012 09:10 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Exactly. Human nature is as such.
If its human nature then why do we have some people who bully and some people who dont. If it was human nature then everybody would be doing it.

People bully others for many reasons. Generally to make themselves feel better as something is lacking in their life.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
29-12-2012, 01:15 AM
(26-12-2012 07:30 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:10 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Exactly. Human nature is as such.
If its human nature then why do we have some people who bully and some people who dont. If it was human nature then everybody would be doing it.

People bully others for many reasons. Generally to make themselves feel better as something is lacking in their life.
lol.. isn't a major aspect of our nature as a species inhumanity?

I wager very few people are absolutely kind, if such a thing truly exists. In fairness, like most actions, it's a bell curve.
29-12-2012, 05:28 AM
(29-12-2012 01:15 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 07:30 AM)bemore Wrote:  If its human nature then why do we have some people who bully and some people who dont. If it was human nature then everybody would be doing it.

lol.. isn't a major aspect of our nature as a species inhumanity?

I wager very few people are absolutely kind, if such a thing truly exists. In fairness, like most actions, it's a bell curve.
No, a major aspect is not inhumanity. The primary goal of this species is to continue it's survival. Keeping our species alive happens to also encompass the general fair treatment towards others.

You are incorrect. There is no such thing as an absolutely kind person. We all have our flaws, but what's different about a person like you from a person like me is that, despite the abusive nature of the "bullying" minority, I acknowledge that the majority is cooperative. That is why social norms exist, that is why laws exist, and that is why the government exists. You clearly have no education in anything you are talking about.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
29-12-2012, 01:36 PM
(29-12-2012 05:28 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 01:15 AM)namiloveyou Wrote:  lol.. isn't a major aspect of our nature as a species inhumanity?

No, a major aspect is not inhumanity. The primary goal of this species is to continue it's survival. Keeping our species alive happens to also encompass the general fair treatment towards others.

You are incorrect. There is no such thing as an absolutely kind person. We all have our flaws, but what's different about a person like you from a person like me is that, despite the abusive nature of the "bullying" minority, I acknowledge that the majority is cooperative. That is why social norms exist, that is why laws exist, and that is why the government exists. You clearly have no education in anything you are talking about.
lol... I know from observation and human history that malevolence is a part of our nature. To deny this is delusion. People can be unkind, cruel, and hateful, hence bullying always will exist.

Our contemporary beliefs of social equality and pervasive humanity lend to ant-bullying, that's all.