"I don't believe in Heaven."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 08:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: "I don't believe in Heaven."
(20-03-2013 07:01 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I was reading my son a story from Where the Sidewalk Ends just a little bit ago. It was called "Paul Bunyan." ... He says simply, "I don't believe in heaven."...I paused and looked from side to side. (Not sure why I did that...) I said, "Really? Well, why do you say you don't believe?"

"Because I just don't, mom."

Girly says you get to define heaven all by yoself little brother.

(20-03-2013 07:01 PM)Peanut Wrote:  "Good for you. Don't let people bully you." *Gives a big frickin hug* ... He didn't even know that I didn't believe. My little precious came up with his own belief. This is awesome.

I wouldn't worry 'bout Peanut offspring being bullied, I'd keep an eye out for him becoming a metaphysical bully. ... It's precocious to realize that shit at 6 yo.Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-03-2013, 08:57 PM
(20-03-2013 07:56 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's what I'm saying. Drinking Beverage
Alright, then. So... How do you intend to "teach him how to fight?" Consider

(20-03-2013 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I wouldn't worry 'bout Peanut offspring being bullied, I'd keep an eye out for him becoming a metaphysical bully. ... It's precocious to realize that shit at 6 yo.Big Grin
I know, right? I don't want him to bully others, either. I want him to be confident in his beliefs and be able to defend himself in a respectable manner when someone tries to convince him he's going to go to hell for not believing.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
20-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Well, you clearly know how to raise a kid. Smile
Awesome, congrats on the little skeptic.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
20-03-2013, 09:45 PM
(20-03-2013 08:57 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I wouldn't worry 'bout Peanut offspring being bullied, I'd keep an eye out for him becoming a metaphysical bully. ... It's precocious to realize that shit at 6 yo.Big Grin
I know, right? I don't want him to bully others, either. I want him to be confident in his beliefs and be able to defend himself in a respectable manner when someone tries to convince him he's going to go to hell for not believing.

Think little dude might already have shit figured out. Yes

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-03-2013, 09:58 PM
(20-03-2013 08:57 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 07:56 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's what I'm saying. Drinking Beverage
Alright, then. So... How do you intend to "teach him how to fight?" Consider

Same way I taught my brother how to swim. Tongue

Nah, honestly, if he were my son, I'd tell him that no matter what; he has an innate right to defend himself by whatever means necessary to neutralize the threat. No more, and no less. Then, when he's old enough, I'd teach him about physical weaknesses and vulnerable target-areas. I'd teach him how to assess his opponent's abilities (for example: the tricep and pectoral muscles are used primarily in punching actions, so small tri's and pec's mean a weak punch) and how to exploit them to his advantage. I'd also teach him how to defend others if necessary. I'd teach him how long it takes for a person to pass out from a forearm to the juggular and the specific pressure points lining the inside of the arm which, if struck in a specific order, will lead to a muscular-contraction failure on the part of his opponent. I'd teach him about which tendons to traumatize in order to force his opponent to drop a knife or firearm, and I'd teach him that if you take control of your opponent's air supply; you take control of his entire body.

Then I'd teach him why it's important - both ethically and legally - to use his knowledge responsibly and never employ more force than is necessary. I'd teach him about body language and gauging his opponent's intentions within as close a range as is possible; and how to dictate his own actions accordingly.

His mohawk is cute, but I'd make him earn it. Wink And as a result, he'd never get his head shoved in a toilet or cornered in the locker room and beaten with towels by his entire class. (Not that I'm biased or anything...)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Why woud anyone start now ?
The Hebrews did not believe in immortality.
St. Paul did not either, (for everyone).
Heaven/hell for eveyone is a later invention.
They never bother to tell people that in "Bible" class.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-03-2013, 10:33 PM
(20-03-2013 09:58 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  (Not that I'm biased or anything...)
"Biased?" Consider

Cool Big Grin

I am all about the smileys tonight... Sorry, folks! I'm just so happy and proud of my little skeptic.

[Image: 33448_1499128531415_1705310_n.jpg]
I've been told he has an "angelic" face...
[Image: 7622_1236857804781_1698821_n.jpg]
One of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE pictures of him. Aww... Mommy's lil' atheist Heart

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
20-03-2013, 10:44 PM
(20-03-2013 09:32 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Well, you clearly know how to raise a kid. Smile
Awesome, congrats on the little skeptic.
Why, thank you = )

I'll add that compliment to my "feel good, Ash. You're doing just fine in raising him" motivational quote arsenal Smile

21-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Ah shucks, I thought I held the record by turning atheist at age 10. Your kid has me beat...
Good going!!!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2013, 03:35 PM
(20-03-2013 07:01 PM)Peanut Wrote:  He didn't even know that I didn't believe. My little precious came up with his own belief. This is awesome.
I hate to rain on your parade but I doubt many child psychologists would agree with you. A six year old is probably incapable of critical thinking but they soak up information like a sponge. He probably did know you didn't believe. Somehow he learned his catechism and you've reinforced it with the reward of your approval.

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.