I don't even know where to start with her...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: I don't even know where to start with her...
(10-01-2013 04:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 10:20 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Me, I would just say "I don't agree. I'm glad you still love me." and walk away. She said explicitly that she doesn't want to debate. I'm sure you're not going to deconvert her with any reply you might post. If you can't deconvert her and if you can't get a lively debate that might inspire others who happen to read it, then thee's nothing more to say.
I second this. I did more or less the same thing with my dad when I came out, which is probably the reason why our relationship didn't change one bit.
Too late, you can't second it; it's already been seconded. You gotta third it. Unless EvolutionKill's "yep" response counts as thirding, in which case you gotta fourth it.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
10-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:I feel that many people make the Bible what they think it should be, OR WANT IT TO BE, but don't even know what is in it.

I found that particularly interesting ironic.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
10-01-2013, 04:55 PM
(10-01-2013 04:50 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 04:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I second this. I did more or less the same thing with my dad when I came out, which is probably the reason why our relationship didn't change one bit.
Too late, you can't second it; it's already been seconded. You gotta third it. Unless EvolutionKill's "yep" response counts as thirding, in which case you gotta fourth it.

Um, I'm the one who said "yep".

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
10-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Yikes! Why so you are!

I stand corrected; you officially get full credit for the thirding.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
'Sallright.

I'm sort of unnoticeable anyway. It works out most of the time.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I'd just hide her messages. Not worth dealing with.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM
(10-01-2013 05:05 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'd just hide her messages. Not worth dealing with.
yeah ive hidden posts from people before. but if they cause issues and i cant justify a friendship or relationship i usually just delte them as it isnt worth my time. (sorry for punctuation.. on my phone)
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-01-2013, 07:40 PM
(09-01-2013 09:30 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  

So, I got up today and checked my feed because I look through Atheist Quotes and TTA's feeds for happy thoughts and thoughts in general, and to see what my friends and family that live all around the globe are doing. Now, for a little background, my mom's cousin is a "born-again" Christian who has three kids by two men, all born in wedlock. My mother has told stories about this woman since I was a kid telling me she used to get so wasted and do drugs all the time, then one day suddenly found God and decided to preach to everyone (including my Catholic mother and brothers, because she's that effing stupid.)

Normally I just laugh at what she has to say, but her tirades on non-Christians and gays always pisses me off because she talks about other things, like how she's a sinner, and you should believe in the Bible and yadda yadda, but she'll still do things the Bible expressly forbids in cases of non-Christians and gays. And I honestly don't know where to start or if I should even bother with this level of stupid.

Suggestions and comments are always appreciated. And without further ado, this is the crap I get to see on my feed that makes me run back to TTA and AQOTD, along with my Youtube atheist feed like a crack addict needing a fix (all caps are from her, and I'll never understand why theists do this):

I have been on FB for a few years now. I have seen many things posted on here that I don’t agree with and kept silent. I now will post what I
believe in. IF you don’t agree with me, that is your right, and I will still LOVE You. I read daily things from people that I have wanted to
comment on, but I have refrained. So this will NOT be an ongoing thing, or a debate on my part. I want to say UP FRONT
that I have friends, and relatives who live different lifestyles than me, and I STILL LOVE them all. Hopefully you will still LOVE me too, IF
you don’t agree with me. People that are NOT Christian, I understand that they have different ideas about how they choose to live, and that
is their right. I just read a post today on here from a Christian about why GOD will NOT judge the U.S. for abortion and gay marriage/rights.
They said in the post that there will not be judgment because of the many horrible things that happen daily all over the world, and have
happened for years. Just like here on earth there are judges for breaking laws, GOD has laws. Don't you think that HE does judge people,
nations? IF you read the Bible there are certain things that HE has allowed to happen to HIS own, when the people did not follow HIS laws,
no matter what sins/laws they were. The people were already destroying themselves with the sin, before HE judged them. How about Sodom and
Gomorrah? This country for years has been the focus of the world, and how we live. What message do you think that we are sending with all of
the sin that is just looked over/accepted, but destroying morals, and our country. It is just NOT gay rights, and abortion, although that is a
huge abomination to GOD, IF you believe in the Bible. But there are MANY, MANY other things that HIS WORD says is sin, and that will bring
judgment also. As a Christian, we either believe HIS WORD, or we really aren't following the GOD of the Bible. I feel that many people make the
Bible what they think it should be, OR WANT IT TO BE, but don't even know what is in it. I fear for many on the day we all stand before GOD.
Just like the 10 virgins, 5 were left outside the gate to go to hell, because GOD said that HE never knew them. The Bible says IF you KNOW
him, you will follow his ways, not just some of them, ALL of them. HOW many people who say they are Christian do you see doing that? I think
that most of us respect the people in this country that have served to protect our freedoms. They have rules/laws, and IF they don't follow
them, they have consequences right? Do they have to follow them all, or just the ones they agree with, or want to follow? Could it mean death
for them, and maybe others? Disregarding any law can bring death to the body, ours, or others. With God, it brings death to the Spirit, soul,
and body. GOD’s law is higher than any earthly law. ONCE again, I am NOT AGAINST people who believe different than me. What I see on FB many
times is how Christians are bashed with HATE by atheists/gay rights people/people who agree with abortion, by saying Christians HATE them.
That may be true in some cases, but I see HATE coming from BOTH sides many times. The TRUTH is that GOD LOVES EVERYONE...... HE hates sin,
BUT LOVES the sinner. I have sinned, still am, but I try to follow what the Bible says. I THANK GOD every day for the GRACE HE has given me for
my sins, past and present. Believing something, is different than living it. GRACE is different than...... living/believing..... LESS than what the Bible says.

Here what you do, ignore her, you'll get nowhere with that.

Alternitavily here's what you do: Bottle up all your annoyance (and possible rage) for several weeks and when the next tirade comes along: unleash it and completely and utterly refute and destroy everything that is said. Totally eviserate everything within the mass of words and structureless sentences.

It'll be good for relaxation.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
11-01-2013, 05:43 AM
I deleted a lot of people on my Facebook because I wasn't sure if I could stop myself from responding...I live in a part of the county where being Christian is almost guaranteed, so I didnt want 75 percent of my friends on Facebook praying for me. I'm not sure how it is where you live, but I think that you're also entitled to a long internet spiel of your own.

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
11-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Sometimes I honestly do envy those of you who have religion practically (and sometimes past) your door step, ready to be engaged at your leisure.

I don't get that off the internet, makes me wish I had that so I'd have something to do.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Where to start with this cretin CiderThinker 36 726 14-07-2014 10:48 AM
Last Post: Peebothuhul