I don't even know where to start with her...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 06:35 AM
RE: I don't even know where to start with her...
My strategy on facebook has been to leave inane or generally defensible comments alone, but questioning and disagreeing with provably false comments. It's a bit of a small target strategy as I don't post anything really myself on the subject, but I feel that my most useful roles in that forum are to:
1. Light a little spark in someone's mind that maybe they should consider their provably false ideas more carefully
2. Steer people a little bit towards normality, especially in the case of people deeply entrenched in church culture that don't really have a concept of what another point of view might look like.
I don't currently prosthelytize for a lack of belief, nor do I actively talk about my lack of belief.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
11-01-2013, 08:33 PM
(11-01-2013 06:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Sometimes I honestly do envy those of you who have religion practically (and sometimes past) your door step, ready to be engaged at your leisure.

I don't get that off the internet, makes me wish I had that so I'd have something to do.
I guess that's one way to look at it, and I love me a good debate, but its kind of hard to engage with someone who bristles up every time you mention something against their religion. Religion is "normal" and they don't want to have their normalcy shattered.

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
11-01-2013, 08:53 PM
(11-01-2013 08:33 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 06:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Sometimes I honestly do envy those of you who have religion practically (and sometimes past) your door step, ready to be engaged at your leisure.

I don't get that off the internet, makes me wish I had that so I'd have something to do.
I guess that's one way to look at it, and I love me a good debate, but its kind of hard to engage with someone who bristles up every time you mention something against their religion. Religion is "normal" and they don't want to have their normalcy shattered.
Very true.

After all, nobody wants their delusions shattered.

It's like taking a toy from a child.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.