I don't get it... where do you heathens find these people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't get it... where do you heathens find these people?
Nutso, whacko, judgmental, fundie Christians?

Everyone seems to have a story of at least one... most of y'all have been saturated by them. I was just reading Thomas' topic in Real Life Debates and saw amyb's response about her roommate.

My first thought was "lolwtf". But then I started thinking about all the other times over the past two years that I've read about people's experiences with crazy Christians.

I know I've asked before, but the question still stands.

I mean... I've been surrounded by Christians my whole life, and I've maybe experience the caliber of crazy that y'all do twice... and I live deep in Christian country... although, the Baton Rouge-New Orleans metro area isn't as fundie influenced as the rest of the Bible Belt but still...

I don't know how these Christians that y'all experience seemingly on a daily basis can function in society. They seem to be so out of touch with realiy that it's scary... and definitely not a representation of Christ or Christian behavior. Yes, we're to be set apart... but not in a way that frightens the crap out of a person because you're so weird.

Just tell me where to find these people... because... I can't. I would love to have a word with them.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: I don't get it... where do you heathens find these people?
(10-09-2013 08:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nutso, whacko, judgmental, fundie Christians?

Everyone seems to have a story of at least one... most of y'all have been saturated by them. I was just reading Thomas' topic in Real Life Debates and saw amyb's response about her roommate.

My first thought was "lolwtf". But then I started thinking about all the other times over the past two years that I've read about people's experiences with crazy Christians.

I mean... I've been surrounded by Christians my whole life, and I've maybe experience the caliber of crazy that y'all do twice... and I live deep in Christian country... although, the Baton Rouge-New Orleans metro area isn't as fundie influenced as the rest of the Bible Belt but still...

I don't know how these Christians that y'all experience seemingly on a daily basis can function in society. They seem to be so out of touch with realiy that it's scary... and definitely not a representation of Christ or Christian behavior. Yes, we're to be set apart... but not in a way that frightens the crap out of a person because you're so weird.

Just tell me where to find these people... because... I can't. I would love to have a word with them.

They are like the Vegan at the dinner party, they will find you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
hmmm....as bad as that is, there is a large religion that is much worse. Why not pick on the worst? PC?
10-09-2013, 08:40 AM
(10-09-2013 08:37 AM)Buddy Wrote:  hmmm....as bad as that is, there is a large religion that is much worse. Why not pick on the worst? PC?

Not many Muslims here.

10-09-2013, 08:42 AM
KC, darling, we are just good very good at pressing the right buttons.

We just haven't found your buttons yet.

If you scratch the surface and pick away at anyone's cherished beliefs (any beliefs), sooner or later you hit a nerve and get a fight/flight reaction.

Sometimes the merely presence of an atheist makes some theists itchy.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-09-2013, 08:46 AM
(10-09-2013 08:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  KC, darling, we are just good very good at pressing the right buttons.

I've disabled my control panel. Good luck with that.

[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
10-09-2013, 08:49 AM
With respect KC you are nice, polite and well mannered, intellectual and intelligent.

You "fit in" with society, yet you still believe in God and Jebus.

For that you are fucking crazy Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
10-09-2013, 09:01 AM
(10-09-2013 08:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nutso, whacko, judgmental, fundie Christians?

They might not make their presence known to you since you are already a Christian.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
10-09-2013, 09:28 AM
(10-09-2013 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 08:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  KC, darling, we are just good very good at pressing the right buttons.

I've disabled my control panel. Good luck with that.

I haz scalpelz

Evil_monster

10-09-2013, 09:48 AM

See that guy in your sig? I think he and his colleagues make them.

I went to the protests over the Texas abortion bill... someone had bussed in LOTS of crazies from Arkansas. I was hatefully prayed for twice, that I know of.

I was on SMU campus, and a very warm, friendly YEC talked to me for about 40 minutes about how women are made for washing dishes because of... something about not flipping plates over... and using a shortened name makes us forget who we are, and any time someone says "billions of years" they're lying.

In Best Buy, in the printer aisle, a young man overheard something I said, and told me I was going to the Lake of Fire. I had mentioned evolution... and I was referring to advances in printers.

I can't count the number of wacky God-folk I've met or heard on public buses. Most of them are just crazy, not mean. Twice I've heard religious-based hate speech toward bus drivers... brown people, presumed by the haters to be Muslims. I spoke to both drivers after the incidents. One was an apathetic agnostic. The other was a Catholic.

And of course, school. So very, very many opportunities to encounter young true believers who are ready to point out that we're not part of the right clique, the in-crowd of the Saved.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 4 users Like I Am's post