I don't get it... where do you heathens find these people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: I don't get it... where do you heathens find these people?
(11-09-2013 10:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's a digital handshake. Yes

But you CAN'T do it in a post?

Also, EVERY handshake involves digits.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
(11-09-2013 10:34 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 10:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's a digital handshake. Yes

But you CAN'T do it in a post?

Which part of 'secret' don't you understand? Consider

Quote:Also, EVERY handshake involves digits.

Uh huh. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 11:00 AM
When one who would judge is around those they can not judge, the krazy is not demonstrative (lest they be so judged). It's a power thing and one only sees the many faces of judgement while being subjected to judgement.

Kingsy, how many faces did you see when you looked at just one of the persons who booted you and your minister friend from your own fortress of solitude? Your experience of being judged and rejected is an isolated incident, while a non-theist might be judged each waking moment.

The thing is Kingsy - when one begins to become the judge of another, it opens a window on his house of krazy.

A majority of the time, a non-theist is outside, surrounded by many windowed houses. I often wonder if acceptance so difficult or if it is just that the discovery of one's hypocrisy is simply too embarrassing. Ironically, everyone sees it anyway so it shouldn't matter, right?

It can feel cold looking in sometimes but, it's quite beautiful here outside. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-09-2013, 11:41 AM
(10-09-2013 03:08 PM)darv Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 02:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Alabama.

Probably second only to Mississippi for fundie whackness.

The wackos in my state are so awful they elected Rand Paul. (Whom I usually refer to as Rant Pule.)

I'm a gun-owning Buddhist. In Kentucky that's not an oxymoron.
11-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Sorry KC, but I don't run into these people in public. Most of my gripes have to do with the family on my father's side, and crazy people on the internet. But you can be sure that as soon as I find one, it'll be noteworthy enough to warrant a post. Whereas the hundreds of others Christians that I interact with that never bring it up will never rate a mention. Of course, this probable has a lot to do with living in the north eastern part of the United States and being close to the Canadian border.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
(11-09-2013 11:41 AM)mightbme Wrote:  The wackos in my state are so awful they elected Rand Paul. (Whom I usually refer to as Rant Pule.)

Rant Pule sounds like an 80's progressive punk band... Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-09-2013, 12:24 PM
(11-09-2013 11:00 AM)kim Wrote:  When one who would judge is around those they can not judge, the krazy is not demonstrative (lest they be so judged). It's a power thing and one only sees the many faces of judgement while being subjected to judgement.

Kingsy, how many faces did you see when you looked at just one of the persons who booted you and your minister friend from your own fortress of solitude? Your experience of being judged and rejected is an isolated incident, while a non-theist might be judged each waking moment.

The thing is Kingsy - when one begins to become the judge of another, it opens a window on his house of krazy.

A majority of the time, a non-theist is outside, surrounded by many windowed houses. I often wonder if acceptance so difficult or if it is just that the discovery of one's hypocrisy is simply too embarrassing. Ironically, everyone sees it anyway so it shouldn't matter, right?

It can feel cold looking in sometimes but, it's quite beautiful here outside. Shy

Well... in all fairness... there is a difference between being extreme and being malicious; likewise, they justified their malice by their own warped convictions.

Even worse, it happens ALL the time in Baptist churches.

What I'm talking about is the crazy... not my type of crazy, I mean the type of crazy that even the crazy say, "My god, you're weird."

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Ya mean, like Marky Mark? That kinda crazy. With a capital 'needs serious help right now' crazy?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-09-2013, 12:31 PM
(11-09-2013 12:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What I'm talking about is the crazy... not my type of crazy, I mean the type of crazy that even the crazy say, "My god, you're weird."

Your signature was filmed in an arena full of people, there to see just one guy - an arena.

Open your eyes, Kingsy... you're in the asylum, too... you just don't view it that way. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
11-09-2013, 12:34 PM
My parents are a part of the "hush-hush" crazy because if I try to talk to them about how insane their beliefs are, they "go away" for awhile. It's still crazy, just on a different level as say, what Anj pointed out.

It is what it is. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]