I don't get this.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 05:02 PM
I don't get this.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/756131...ght-people

So a website in the states (of course it's in the states) is called "wherewhitepeoplemeet.com" is a dating site for white people. It has billboards and everything.

What I don't get is the issue with it. I'm with the owners on this, there's dating sites for many different groups based on religion, skin colour, ethnicity, sexuality etc..
You're black and want to meet other black people? There's dating sites out there for you. Christian and wanna meet other Christians? There's dating sites for you. Etc..

How is this any different??

The article says that it's different because the states has a history of white supremacy. And yea it does, a really bad one, but this is 2016. The key word is 'history'. And yes it still happens but how many black people hate white people? How many Christians hate Atheists? Atheists hate Christians?

Everyone speaks of equality but nobody wants it. Women want to be treated equally but than they turn around and expect you to hold the door open for them just because they're a women. Black people want to be treated equally but suddenly it's ok for them to have their own dating sites and not okay for whites to have their own in response. Equality means equality and it applies to everyone.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-01-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: I don't get this.
I never heard of it nor heard of any issues of it.

But it's not FarmersOnly or J-date

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Someone should make a dating site that is set up like shopping on Amazon. On the left would be a list for you to narrow down your preferences...skin color, hair color, eye color, height, weight, male, female, etc. But of course you would want to first select 'Prime'. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
05-01-2016, 05:11 PM
It's been on the news. I'm kinda with Muffs, except for the holding open doors bit. Tongue

Some women like doors opened for them because it makes them feel good. It's not a hard thing to do, so if you want her to feel good you do it, and if you don't care you don't. And many women resent having doors opened for them. They see it as condescending. So the analogy doesn't fly.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-01-2016, 05:12 PM
(05-01-2016 05:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone should make a dating site that is set up like shopping on Amazon. On the left would be a list for you to narrow down your preferences...skin color, hair color, eye color, height, weight, male, female, etc. But of course you would want to first select 'Prime'. Tongue

Do we get free two day shipping?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
05-01-2016, 05:13 PM
(05-01-2016 05:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 05:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone should make a dating site that is set up like shopping on Amazon. On the left would be a list for you to narrow down your preferences...skin color, hair color, eye color, height, weight, male, female, etc. But of course you would want to first select 'Prime'. Tongue

Do we get free two day shipping?

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Lol out of all the petty things. I'm saying this as a Nutella-American (10 points if you get the reference), and being upset at something like this is just silly. I could argue that criteria specific dating sites are equally as silly, but everybody has a preference, and pooling preferences has clear advantages. I'm not gonna go in a Walmart to buy a PRS guitar. They might have "a" guitar, but not "that" guitar. But back on topic, people need to lighten the hell up, or stop giving a shit about non issues like this.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
[+] 1 user Likes Noric's post
05-01-2016, 05:30 PM
I have a feeling the "protest" against this is much like the #BoycottStarWars movement in that it was started by someone being a troll and then moved into click bait. I have seen that same site but catered to black people (Where Black people meet.com) and it is probably run by the same company as that and all the other niche dating sites.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Black Academy Awards. BET (Black Entertainment Television). NAACP. Black Grammys.

Hmmmm...

And SOMEHOW -- only the KKK and Aryan Nation are "racist".......

Odd, huh???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-01-2016, 05:37 PM
(05-01-2016 05:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Black Academy Awards. BET (Black Entertainment Television). NAACP. Black Grammys.

Hmmmm...

And SOMEHOW -- only the KKK and Aryan Nation are "racist".......

Odd, huh???

Are you for real? I mean you have proven yourself to be a bit slow but the latter 2 are terrorist organizations with racial separation and White Supremacy as their stated goals. The rest are to counter the prevailing discrimination already there. Remember Friends a show set in New York city where nobody was black or latino?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post