I don't give a fuck why you believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: I don't give a fuck why you believe
The why I believe threads/posts seem to follow certain formulas.

One is - 'Cause the Bible says so.
Another is - Because it's how I was raised and I have never questioned it.
Another is - I had a revelation where God revealed himself to me...this seems to happen with those who either had some sort of mental break or who took a little too much of whatever drugs were on hand...or a combination of both.

Funny that we seldom see where someone did a ton of historical and/or scientific research and came up with God as the answer.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2017, 09:12 AM
(08-04-2017 09:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The why I believe threads/posts seem to follow certain formulas.

Another is - I had a revelation where God revealed himself to me...this seems to happen with those who either had some sort of mental break or who took a little too much of whatever drugs were on hand...or a combination of both.

Funny that we seldom see where someone did a ton of historical and/or scientific research and came up with God as the answer.

I said I don't give a fuck why they believe and what do you do? Go and tell me anyway! Goddamnit!!!
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
08-04-2017, 09:16 AM
(08-04-2017 09:12 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The why I believe threads/posts seem to follow certain formulas.

Fred...take a pill and relax, okay. You are getting way to worked up.

Perhaps we can just assign numbers to the reasons...1, 2, 3...just like the trinity, isn't that cool and undoubtedly decreed by god himself...

I said I don't give a fuck why they believe and what do you do? Go and tell me anyway! Goddamnit!!!

Fred...take a pill and relax, okay. You are getting way to worked up.

Perhaps we can just assign numbers to the reasons...1, 2, 3...just like the trinity, isn't that cool and undoubtedly decreed by god himself...and the posts would be really short.

When you get all jacked up like this you have to know by now that you are going to be fucked with about it. If you don't realize it, you haven't been paying attention.

Want some cheese with that whine?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-04-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure if you don't know if I'm teasing or if I don't know you're teasing or if we're both pretending we don't know what we really know

Has anybody else read "we are all completely beside ourselves"?
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
08-04-2017, 09:35 AM
(08-04-2017 09:22 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm not sure if you don't know if I'm teasing or if I don't know you're teasing or if we're both pretending we don't know what we really know

Ooh - that is a great thread title. I gotta show this to my other personalities. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-04-2017, 09:45 AM
(08-04-2017 09:35 AM)kim Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:22 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm not sure if you don't know if I'm teasing or if I don't know you're teasing or if we're both pretending we don't know what we really know

Ooh - that is a great thread title. I gotta show this to my other personalities. Shy

Back when "I'll have my people call your people" was a thing I sometimes replied to a request with "I'll get my voices to talk to your voices."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
08-04-2017, 11:55 AM
(07-04-2017 04:02 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Just seeing these thread titles why I believe or whatever. Fuck why people believe. Not fucking interested.

I am okay with those that try explain the belief while acknowledging they are mistaken. Problem is they never acknowledge they are mistaken.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
08-04-2017, 09:53 PM
The thing about listening to reasons why people believe is that I suspect they are often not the real reasons. They are rationalisations, to make the belief seem more credible.

I think such people either don't want to admit to the real reasons, or else they genuinely don't know them. I think the latter is very possible. Our brain doesn't always show its working to us. It's for that very reason I don't like to accept even my own beliefs as reliable if I can't logically explain to myself how I got there.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
09-04-2017, 01:17 AM
(08-04-2017 08:21 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 04:52 PM)unsapien Wrote:  "The only lesson borg can still teach us "Existence is futile..."

God Damnit borg stop trying to hump my leg! Bad borg, bad borg...RIP...

I don't get that video unsapien. I hear him saying "Jesus Christ" but he's saying something else that I can't make out. What is it? And why is he so upset about a bunch of deer in a field?

The guy is yelling at his dog called FENTON, trying to stop it from chasing the deer before they cross the road, just like we might try and yell at trolls like the "theborg" trying to get them to stop vomiting their threads all over TTA, but you can't stop them (not if you value free speech anyway) cause they're not interested in listening.

TTA is like the big open field where dogs & deer alike could just play and enjoy their time, but every once in a while you get a "Fenton", and when you get a "Fenton" that becomes dangerous it's good to know that at least we have Moms with her 12 gauge ban hammer to put things right. Sometimes that's all you can do.

I think I pushed that analogy about as far as it will go! Blush

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
09-04-2017, 03:56 AM
(08-04-2017 09:53 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  The thing about listening to reasons why people believe is that I suspect they are often not the real reasons. They are rationalisations, to make the belief seem more credible.

I think such people either don't want to admit to the real reasons, or else they genuinely don't know them. I think the latter is very possible. Our brain doesn't always show its working to us. It's for that very reason I don't like to accept even my own beliefs as reliable if I can't logically explain to myself how I got there.

... and even then, the logic itself may be the construct of hindsight. I know I worked that angle myself: I came to the disbelief, and then after examining my thinking came to understand why I lost my faith. It's not very far from ex post facto reasoning.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post