I don't give a fuck why you believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 04:13 AM
RE: I don't give a fuck why you believe
(08-04-2017 11:55 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 04:02 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Just seeing these thread titles why I believe or whatever. Fuck why people believe. Not fucking interested.

I am okay with those that try explain the belief while acknowledging they are mistaken. Problem is they never acknowledge they are mistaken.

And they preach.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 04:17 AM
The I believe threads are rich hunting grounds for chew toys Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
09-04-2017, 07:29 AM
Wow, now that everyone got all of that off their chests, I'd like to tell everyone why I believe ...

The Bible says that I had a personal experience with God because that's the tradition I grew up with.

Wait! Don't ban me yet! I'm just foolin'.

Right now I'm in this debate with this believer guy somewhere else who keeps telling me that the only reason I don't (or won't) believe in God is because my ego is in the way.

Yeah ... chew toys, indeed. More like claw sharpeners.

I don't mind too much lending a friendly ear (or eyeball) to someone who needs to tell me why they believe even if it does often bore the piss out of me (which, at least, saves me a trip to the bathroom, I suppose). But just watch the fur fly if that conversation degenerates into them telling me -- telling me -- why I don't believe. And why I should. And why the atheist position doesn't work.

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
[+] 4 users Like Shirina's post
09-04-2017, 07:44 AM
Quote:Right now I'm in this debate with this believer guy somewhere else who keeps telling me that the only reason I don't (or won't) believe in God is because my ego is in the way.

Holy shit. Are you in AA? That's like every third comment.
09-04-2017, 08:34 AM
(09-04-2017 07:44 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Holy shit. Are you in AA? That's like every third comment.
Oh, so that's where he's getting his mambo-jahambo from ...

It makes sense now since this guy has one of those oh-so-very-typical stories of how he was once a drunk at the lowest point in his life, found Jesus, and suddenly his whole life changed.

He must be in AA ... I don't know anything about their doctrines so I didn't know that's where he was getting it from. But come to think of it, the guy does sound like a walking, talking pamphlet for a 12 step program. The stuff he spews was too clinical and now I know why.

These people always want to lay the "fault" of our non-belief anywhere but on the shoulders of their religion. No, it cannot have anything to do with any shortcomings in faith-based belief systems. Of course not. It must be a problem on our end somehow!

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
[+] 2 users Like Shirina's post
09-04-2017, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 08:44 AM by GirlyMan.)
(09-04-2017 07:29 AM)Shirina Wrote:  Right now I'm in this debate with this believer guy somewhere else who keeps telling me that the only reason I don't (or won't) believe in God is because my ego is in the way.

Tell him the only reason he believes in God is because of his ego. To think that an all-powerful being would give a shit what he believes and will reward him for it is the ultimate in arrogance. Why should God give a shit about him. Almost all Christians suffer from the arrogance that they somehow deserve to live forever based on their beliefs. No God worth his salt would give a shit what goober believes.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-04-2017, 09:50 AM
(08-04-2017 09:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The why I believe threads/posts seem to follow certain formulas.

One is - 'Cause the Bible says so.
Another is - Because it's how I was raised and I have never questioned it.
Another is - I had a revelation where God revealed himself to me...this seems to happen with those who either had some sort of mental break or who took a little too much of whatever drugs were on hand...or a combination of both.

Funny that we seldom see where someone did a ton of historical and/or scientific research and came up with God as the answer.

> Interestingly, the more I engaged in historical, scientific, and comparative religious study, the closer to being an atheist I became. Consider
09-04-2017, 10:05 AM
(09-04-2017 08:34 AM)Shirina Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 07:44 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Holy shit. Are you in AA? That's like every third comment.
Oh, so that's where he's getting his mambo-jahambo from ...

It makes sense now since this guy has one of those oh-so-very-typical stories of how he was once a drunk at the lowest point in his life, found Jesus, and suddenly his whole life changed.

He must be in AA ... I don't know anything about their doctrines so I didn't know that's where he was getting it from. But come to think of it, the guy does sound like a walking, talking pamphlet for a 12 step program. The stuff he spews was too clinical and now I know why.

These people always want to lay the "fault" of our non-belief anywhere but on the shoulders of their religion. No, it cannot have anything to do with any shortcomings in faith-based belief systems. Of course not. It must be a problem on our end somehow!

The doctrine of AA sucks its a cult pure and simple, I don't do it anymore since becoming atheist that shit doesn't wash with me anymore and I get nothing from it.
09-04-2017, 10:49 AM
I don't give a fuck about this thread. WHAT NOW?

09-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Yeah, this thread is ultra boring. Snooze x10
Why am I still in here?
Am I being detained? AM I BEING DETAINED, OFFICER? I KNOW MY RIGHTS! AM I FREE TO GO?
[Image: stop-am-i-being-detained-10018057.png]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?