I don't give a fuck why you believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: I don't give a fuck why you believe
(09-04-2017 11:05 AM)cactus Wrote:  Yeah, this thread is ultra boring. Snooze x10
Why am I still in here?
Am I being detained? AM I BEING DETAINED, OFFICER? I KNOW MY RIGHTS! AM I FREE TO GO?
[Image: stop-am-i-being-detained-10018057.png]

Yup, it is kinda a lame thread tbh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Well then ...

I will lamely leave it.

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
09-04-2017, 02:11 PM
(09-04-2017 01:41 PM)Shirina Wrote:  Well then ...

I will lamely leave it.

Ya but its you making it less lame than it otherwise would be, don't go Big Grin
09-04-2017, 02:20 PM
LOL! Yeah, but people said it was boring and lame *after* I started posting here, so apparently my contributions hasn't helped it much.

Sure I'll stick around if people really want to keep the thread going. I just assumed people didn't. What says you?

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
09-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Clearly what this thread is missing is a zebra...

[Image: 170320-lwtwjo-ep95-1024.jpg]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
09-04-2017, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 02:41 PM by adey67.)
Like I said its you being here along with others that stops it being a mega lame assed whiney bitch thread don't make any false assumptionsHeart
Although I can understand why Fred gets pissed off with the I believe crowd, they can be a pain in the ass.
09-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Well, okay then ... I'll lamely re-enter it.

And say that I have to agree about AA. I hate the fact that they tacitly ascribe far too much credit for member's recovery to some imaginary "higher power." Yeah, they say it can be any kind of higher power (deity) you want it to be, but c'mon. If you live in America, who is fooled by that. We all know they're obliquely referring to the Christian God of the Bible.

I mean, for shit's sake, can't there be anything in this country not tainted by primitive deity worship? Cub/Boy Scouts, AA, 90% of the charities, the entire right-wing propaganda apparatus ... religion has way too much influence.

I used to attend Alateen since my father was a raving drunk -- and I had to go, it wasn't a choice. I wasn't an atheist then, per se, but I was moving in that direction. I was already acquiring a healthy disdain for religious authoritarianism which was prevalent in the town where I lived.

I honestly don't remember much from the meetings -- I used it to meet cute guys, flirt, goof off around the huge Catholic church it was held in, and suchlike. But I do remember the sometimes subtle, sometimes not-so-subtle nudges and pushes to believe in a deity because, uh huh, without a deity to pull you up, you can't do shit yourself. You'll fail if you don't grab that God-crutch and wrap yourself in that security religioblanket because therein is where you'll find your strength.

Bullshit. I found all the strength I needed within the borders of my own body, my own will, my own desire, my own tenacity, my own persistence, and my own refusal to accept even the mildest defeat. Where was God? Oh, I don't know. Probably off helping some moron reverend find his car keys or helping some meaningless Iowan small town football team to score a touchdown. He certainly wasn't anywhere in my life -- ever.

Of course, we know why that was.

And zebras are cool and all, but this thread wouldn't be worth the bandwidth without a duckbilled platypus.

[Image: Duckbilled_platypus.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Shirina's post