I don't hate theists anymore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: I don't hate theists anymore
(16-02-2014 09:26 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 06:30 PM)donotwant Wrote:  William lane craig for instance said that he would be a christian no matter where evidence points to because of "inner witness of a holy spirit" or whatever he calls it. The source of the experience he had can vary but the experience itself which he felt was real. And because of it he can't drop this belief.

That isn't a matter of being "wired". It's a matter of being a charlatan and a snake oil salesman and a willfully, belligerently ignorant twat.

Can you give a link to the NDT vid you are talking about?

You are saying that WLC does not believe in what he says he believes? I don't think that's the case.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Quote:You are saying that WLC does not believe in what he says he believes? I don't think that's the case.

No.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
16-02-2014, 09:58 PM
(16-02-2014 09:50 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:You are saying that WLC does not believe in what he says he believes? I don't think that's the case.

No.

So WLC is atheist? Big Grin
17-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Its nature vs nurture again.

I don't think people are automatically "wired" to believe anything. As babies and young children we accept whatever we are told is real and in many cases are made to fear questioning it.

Creationists are desperately afraid... I'm yet to see a moderate creationist, as in one who believes in 7 day, Genesis creation but doesn't believe in Hellfire and eternal damnation. I've never seen one and I doubt I ever will. They know that science could tear their beliefs to shreds.

The moderates on the other hand have used the tactic of essentially shrinking their beliefs down to something that can't be touched or easily defined. They know that ambiguity is perhaps their best defense, since they're constantly moving the goalposts.

If you're going to argue in favour of the existence of god/gods, at least have the decency to clearly define what your god is.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2014, 11:42 AM
(16-02-2014 09:03 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I know of some ... downright genocidal atheists.

Dodgy

... this is my signature!