I don't have faith in Jeremy Walker.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: I don't have faith in Jeremy Walker.
(02-06-2014 05:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 05:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...
otherwise respectable universities, Birmingham

My birthplace is now an Islamic republic, hadn't you heard?

Of course they're gonna like Kalam.

Weeping

Never again will it give us the likes of Ozzy Osbourne.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
02-06-2014, 06:12 AM
(02-06-2014 06:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 05:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  My birthplace is now an Islamic republic, hadn't you heard?

Of course they're gonna like Kalam.

Weeping

Never again will it give us the likes of Ozzy Osbourne.

Good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
02-06-2014, 06:47 AM
(01-06-2014 07:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 07:15 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head. I also think that by arguing with us it helps them to pretend that they have not totally abandoned reason. They need our help to pretend that they are not doing what they are actually doing which is believing in imaginary stuff to help them cope with reality.

In this case, since he has offered to PM me with "evidence" that his "god exists", (I declined for a number of reasons), I think in light of what he's said in the past, it's safe to assume his life was in some disarray, and he had some sort of "conversion" experience which correlated with some kind of "change". I can understand that someone in that situation would need to hang on for dear life, to whatever the life-line was perceived to be, and not even consider letting go. People in that sort of (moral) bondage, are not really free to examine the questions here, objectively. At least for a while, they need their crutches. Maybe some day they will grow out of it.
But not everyone has such a history of poor choices. They are exceptional cases.

Laughing. Why not put it out for everyone to see. I shouldn't laugh really because it really isn't funny. A theist is someone who when confronted with the hard facts of reality chooses to retreat into and live in their imagination. They resent us so much because we choose to live in reality. I'm convinced that is why they hate us so much. They take our non belief in the imaginary as an affront.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
02-06-2014, 08:13 AM
(01-06-2014 11:56 AM)Leo Wrote:  It's he a stupid troll? It's he a brilliant troll? It's he the worst troll ever in this site ?

Brilliant troll? Everyone knows the best troll ever is Ken M. That guy's work is top-notch. I almost pee from laughing so hard when I read his comments and the other responses.

As far as Jeremy goes, he isn't really anything new. I've yet to see him make an argument that hasn't been made and subsequently addressed by many theist posters before him. The only real difference is he's one of the few that tenaciously sticks around. Why he sticks around is beyond me. He isn't learning. He isn't convincing anyone. He isn't really getting under anyone's skin the way a successful troll would.

He is obviously a troll, but he's not a very good one. The closest he gets is when he responds to something someone wrote by simply saying "fail". A good troll will put in 15 seconds of effort to make a post to try and illicit 30 minutes worth of work from numerous posters, only to respond with another 15 second quip. I can't help but notice Mark Fulton has wisely not taken the bait.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 08:34 AM
He tries to gish gallop but his arguments are so easy to refute that it doesn't work. He says something and it gets immediately refuted. The whole point of the gish gallop is that the other side is supposed to still be struggling to answer the first question and unable to find time to cope with all the new questions. This then creates an impression to the audience that the opponent is struggling. Jeremy is only trying to create an impression, nothing else, but he isn't able to manage it.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-06-2014, 08:49 AM
(02-06-2014 08:13 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...
Ken M. That guy's work is top-notch. I almost pee from laughing so hard when I read his comments and the other responses.

I will be forever in your debt for that. Just... excellent!

Bowing

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-06-2014, 09:02 AM
(02-06-2014 08:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 08:13 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...
Ken M. That guy's work is top-notch. I almost pee from laughing so hard when I read his comments and the other responses.

I will be forever in your debt for that. Just... excellent!

Bowing

Just google him. You can find all sorts of compilations of various posts that people have gathered. That guy has been busy for years.

One of my favorites is when he was complaining that we should go back to the gold standard, as opposed to our current system: the paper standard.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 09:06 AM
(02-06-2014 08:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  He tries to gish gallop but his arguments are so easy to refute that it doesn't work. He says something and it gets immediately refuted. The whole point of the gish gallop is that the other side is supposed to still be struggling to answer the first question and unable to find time to cope with all the new questions. This then creates an impression to the audience that the opponent is struggling. Jeremy is only trying to create an impression, nothing else, but he isn't able to manage it.

I love that he actually took a break between losing debates on the KCA, then came back claiming he'd successfully defended the argument.

It's like Sye Ten trying the same apologetics on Facebook he does in interviews. You can look two posts above his to see he's straw-manning responses, but he'll still do it anyway.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
02-06-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 11:27 PM by rampant.a.i..)
I did Google Ken, and was dying over some of them. [Image: c1fc8d5b1cc08c3d79fedf79ed49044f.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 6 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
02-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Every once in a while he will make a valid (although misinformed) point, but otherwise he is just like any other brainwashed christian extremist: minus the extermism on the accusations that we will all burn in hell etc etc yadda yadda.

So, he is just like those people but without all the hatred and threatening. [/size]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post