I don't know- What does it mean?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2017, 10:29 AM
RE: I don't know- What does it mean?
Do you really want to die on that hill?
My opinion...
Tell her what she wants to hear so she'll stop blocking the TV.

"I don't know. I'm stupid. It's a wonder I can breath. Now can I get back to watching sports center please?"

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Do you plan on ever getting laid again?

If so - the answer is you are wrong.

If you don't expect sex ever again - you're still wrong, but you can argue.

If you don't mind sleeping on the couch.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-10-2017, 12:37 PM
(04-10-2017 08:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  What constitutes an 'I don't know' answer?

From my perspective, when someone says, "it depends upon......." that is literally saying "I don't know but under these circumstances it may be A and under these circumstances, it may be B." It is still an "I don't know" answer to me but it is an informed one.
I agree. What you are saying is "I have insufficient data to give you a yes/no answer" -- I would interpret that as "I don't know".

But under the circumstances it might have been prudent to actually say "I don't know" at either the beginning or the end of the explanation.

BTW, the answer to the question is that pure propane is almost always shipped in liquid form in the US. The stuff used in lanterns, for barbecues, etc. is even called "liquid propane gas" or LPG -- which is a bit of a misnomer, since it's usually not pure propane, but also contains some ethane or butane.
But it is still in liquid form.

Not that this information helps you at this point... Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
04-10-2017, 12:53 PM
(04-10-2017 12:37 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 08:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  What constitutes an 'I don't know' answer?

From my perspective, when someone says, "it depends upon......." that is literally saying "I don't know but under these circumstances it may be A and under these circumstances, it may be B." It is still an "I don't know" answer to me but it is an informed one.
I agree. What you are saying is "I have insufficient data to give you a yes/no answer" -- I would interpret that as "I don't know".

But under the circumstances it might have been prudent to actually say "I don't know" at either the beginning or the end of the explanation.

BTW, the answer to the question is that pure propane is almost always shipped in liquid form in the US. The stuff used in lanterns, for barbecues, etc. is even called "liquid propane gas" or LPG -- which is a bit of a misnomer, since it's usually not pure propane, but also contains some ethane or butane.
But it is still in liquid form.

Not that this information helps you at this point... Wink

I knew all that about propane. She was just asking about a particular lantern. I didn't know how it worked or what fuel it used. That is what led to the discussion in more detail.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-10-2017, 01:12 PM
I loathe it when people give me a long spiel when all I want is a straight answer. Some people just can't seem to stop themselves from taking the scenic route. Like if I ask one of my friends why her car is in the garage she won't say "one of the cylinders wasn't firing", she'll tell me a story about how she was driving to work and something went clonk and at first she thought she'd run over a pedestrian and later the car overheated and and and and and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. And maybe fifteen minutes later she'll say the actual reason. God it drives me insane. Use shorter sentences people. It's safer Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-10-2017, 01:20 PM
(04-10-2017 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  I loathe it when people give me a long spiel when all I want is a straight answer. Some people just can't seem to stop themselves from taking the scenic route. Like if I ask one of my friends why her car is in the garage she won't say "one of the cylinders wasn't firing", she'll tell me a story about how she was driving to work and something went clonk and at first she thought she'd run over a pedestrian and later the car overheated and and and and and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. And maybe fifteen minutes later she'll say the actual reason. God it drives me insane. Use shorter sentences people. It's safer Angry

While I am inclined to agree with you, some questions don't have short answers.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
04-10-2017, 01:33 PM
(04-10-2017 01:20 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  I loathe it when people give me a long spiel when all I want is a straight answer. Some people just can't seem to stop themselves from taking the scenic route. Like if I ask one of my friends why her car is in the garage she won't say "one of the cylinders wasn't firing", she'll tell me a story about how she was driving to work and something went clonk and at first she thought she'd run over a pedestrian and later the car overheated and and and and and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. And maybe fifteen minutes later she'll say the actual reason. God it drives me insane. Use shorter sentences people. It's safer Angry

While I am inclined to agree with you, some questions don't have short answers.

Hmpf. Dodgy Well when I ask you what was the cause of the first world war, then you can launch into some long-ass thing. If I ask you how to wire a plug I do not expect a dissertation on the national grid. At least I'm not married to you Tongue ETA: Jesus Christ your avatar is disconcerting. I thought Marky Mark had returned from the grave Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-10-2017, 02:15 PM
(04-10-2017 08:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Am I crazy?

Yes.

This is the internet.

What is propane?

What is propane used for?

Etc etc etc.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-10-2017, 03:13 PM
(04-10-2017 01:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  ETA: Jesus Christ your avatar is disconcerting. I thought Marky Mark had returned from the grave Weeping

Bwaaaahahhahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!

- Paul Dirac
05-10-2017, 04:00 PM
(04-10-2017 12:53 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I knew all that about propane.

I figured you did.
Just showing off. Blush

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."