I don't know dick about Limey politics but ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: I don't know dick about Limey politics but ...
Two of May's closest aides have just quit.

Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill quit No 10 after election criticism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 12:53 PM by DLJ.)
(10-06-2017 08:17 AM)Marozz Wrote:  The DUP will probably be pissed off with the fact that Ruth Davidson's partner is an Irish catholic from Wexford in the Irish Republic. Tongue

I'm sure they will be, and I imagine neither Ms Davidson nor her partner give a glittery shit what the DUP think!
[+] 1 user Likes monkeygirl's post
10-06-2017, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 12:53 PM by DLJ.)
(10-06-2017 08:17 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 09:06 AM)monkeygirl Wrote:  The DUP will probably be pissed off with the fact that Ruth Davidson's partner is an Irish catholic from Wexford in the Irish Republic. Tongue

I'm sure they will be, and I imagine neither Ms Davidson nor her partner give a glittery shit what the DUP think!

I think they care enough to do whatever they can to prevent the DUP from imposing their intolerant views on everyone else.

I think Ruth Davidson would be a far better Prime Minister than Theresa May, though she needs to become an MP at Westminster first (RD is an MSP: member of the Scottish parliament at Holyrood in Edinburgh.)

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 1 user Likes Norm Deplume's post
10-06-2017, 11:44 AM
(10-06-2017 08:32 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Two of May's closest aides have just quit.

Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill quit No 10 after election criticism

As the cliché goes "assistant heads will roll." Falling on their swords will not keep May in power for very long. A leadership challenge was threatened for Monday if they did not go. Now it will probably be... ooh!... next month.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

11-06-2017, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 10:33 AM by Vera.)
[Image: Capture.jpg]

And from the comments: "How about the Westminster Association of Nationalists Keen on Eradicating Rights and Society?"

"[Tory HQ]
“I fear the UK still isn’t enough of a laughing-stock. Is there anything we can do to take it up to 11?”
“Make Boris PM”
“Genius!""

"New Tory cabinet:

Hunt: Necromancy
Johnson: Buffoonery
Gove: Human species liaison
Davies: Head of Kerfuffle
Rudd: Wild card"

Everybody's a comedian these days. And thank the gods of the internet!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
12-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Enjoy.

(Also, all hail Lord Buckethead!)

[Image: screen-shot-2017-06-09-at-16-08-55.png?w...;amp;h=605]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2017, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 03:04 PM by Vera.)
"As PM shuffles cabinet days after senior aides resign, farmers are said to be struggling to provide enough straws for her to clutch at."

"As Michael Gove becomes Environment Secretary, farmers say his first job should be stopping idiots running through wheat fields."

"As EU threatens year-long delay to Brexit negotiations, UK says it should be plenty of time to get at least another 3 or 4 elections in."

[Image: hehe.gif]
[Image: 19030255_939548549520998_4798795181838701927_n.jpg]
(And to the obligatory pedant pointing out that maize ain't wheat, this response: "Run with the joke. Run with it like a demon-child through fields of any crop"

[Image: C9teuiUXgAAWmgn.jpg:large]

[+] 9 users Like Vera's post
12-06-2017, 03:04 PM
My husband has recently started drinking again after 20 years. Which is great because general elections are best watched when playing a drinking game. The drinking game was forgotten when the exist poll came in.

I was hoping for one of two things. Either May reduces her majority by a few seats, or she doesn't gain or lose any seats at all and everyone's wondering what the point of it all was. I would have found it really funny. The results far surpassed my hopes. Her party has a majority of 2, and that includes Kenneth Clarke, a europhile who rebels at a drop of a hat. It takes just one by-election and the government folds. Every day she'll go into work knowing that it would have been so much easier if she hadn't thrown away her majority. The pro-Europe Tories will be getting bolshy and everyone will be manoeuvering to depose of her and take her job. She won't be able to trust anyone. She might even go slightly mad if she lasts long enough.

And to cap it all off she's trying and failing to make a deal with the DUP and in doing so killing all chances of convincing anyone that the Tories are not the nasty party, while all the other Tories will be thinking that the party has become too Ukippy to be electable and they need to pretend to be different by getting a new leader.

Oh, and her strategy of negotiating Brexit by being a bloody difficult woman is now dust.

I hope Theresa May sticks around. I'm looking forward to watching what happens Smile
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
13-06-2017, 06:55 AM
[Image: DCInbFyWsAApt52.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
13-06-2017, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2017 08:14 AM by Vera.)
"Congratulations to the English media on finally noticing that part of their United Kingdom is Alabama with umbrellas." Laughat

"Theresa May holds talks with Arlene Foster, the DUP are said to be unhappy that two women are having an unsupervised conversation."

[Image: DCMfF3fXkAA1XF2.jpg:large]

To summarise the UK right now...
[Image: giphy.gif]

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post