I don't know dick about Limey politics but ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: I don't know dick about Limey politics but ...
(09-06-2017 10:12 AM)Vera Wrote:  This is absolutely reaching 'murrican proportions of WTF (well, to be fair, they *were* there first, cough*Brexit*cough). After apparently accusing the labour leader of being a terrorist sympathiser, the tories are now planning on forming a coalition with a (homophobic, creationist, anti-abortion) party which *literally* has links to terrorist groups.

Like I might have said before, can someone please ask the aliens running this simulation to turn us off and on again. Or have they decided "fuck this mess, we're just gonna let the Vogons come and build their hyperpass" Dodgy

'''To be fair Theresa May warned of coalition of chaos propped up by extremist terrorist sympathisers. She just didn't say she'd be leading it."

"July 2016: Theresa May

January 2017: Theresa Maybe

June 2017: Theresa Maybe Not"

"Make work more exciting today by waiting for your conservative work colleague to leave their desk and then stealing their seat."

[Image: Capture.jpg]

[Image: Capture1.jpg]

[Image: Capture2.jpg]

"This is absolutely reaching 'murrican proportions of WTF (well, to be fair, they *were* there first, cough*Brexit*cough). " So true but don't say we haven't given something to the world. Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-06-2017, 02:52 AM
[Image: DCXDa_FXgAUzagK.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
16-06-2017, 03:03 AM
(16-06-2017 02:52 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  [Image: DCXDa_FXgAUzagK.jpg]

Thanks for reminding me of Dragon Age II.

(Skip to 1:10)

Aveline: Maybe I should put you to use Varric. Have you pen some warnings for the lawless.
Varric: Who's that for? Are most criminals big readers? Seems like pacifying the nobles.
Aveline: Pictures then. It was just a suggestion.
Varric: Well how about a giant sign that just says "Don't." You could hit people with it.
Aveline: Thank you, I get the point.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-06-2017, 04:29 PM
And the vellum thickens... and refuses to dry Rolleyes

Apparently, there is solid, non-May related reason why the Queen's Speech will be delayed, namely: "Queen's Speech delayed because it has to be printed on goatskin paper that takes days for ink to dry". Or does it? Consider

"Just when you think the Tories can't get more ridiculous, they completely redeem themselves by applying the little-used #goatskin defence."

"Theresa May taking scapegoating to a whole new literal level #GoatGate"

"Dear EU, we can't wait to start negotiating Britain's new cutting edge world role. But cd you hang on while we sacrifice a goat? #goatgate"

"Theresa May's strong and stable"
[Image: funny-gif-practicing-how-to-goat.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
18-06-2017, 04:33 PM
(18-06-2017 04:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: funny-gif-practicing-how-to-goat.gif]

Looks like fun!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-06-2017, 04:37 PM
(18-06-2017 04:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  And the vellum thickens... and refuses to dry Rolleyes

Apparently, there is solid, non-May related reason why the Queen's Speech will be delayed, namely: "Queen's Speech delayed because it has to be printed on goatskin paper that takes days for ink to dry". Or does it? Consider

"Just when you think the Tories can't get more ridiculous, they completely redeem themselves by applying the little-used #goatskin defence."

"Dear EU, we can't wait to start negotiating Britain's new cutting edge world role. But cd you hang on while we sacrifice a goat? #goatgate"

No, this is either fake news or a terrible piss poor excuse I've seen the queen giving her speech before on tv and its definitely written on paper, good quality paper but definitely paper and not vellum, fucking politicians try and wiggle out of anything.
18-06-2017, 05:02 PM
(18-06-2017 04:33 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Looks like fun!

Well, goats just wanna have fun Rolleyes

[Image: o388WMxPQK9BcN0Bt9mV_g4.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
19-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Shame so the Queen is basically like a 90 year old tape player - just reads whatever's put in front of her?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-06-2017, 12:17 AM
(19-06-2017 12:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  Shame so the Queen is basically like a 90 year old tape player - just reads whatever's put in front of her?

Yeah, those were the (good ole) times when we had tape players instead of twittering. *wink wink* Wink

Personally, i prefer a 90y tape deck to a 71y old mobile with twitter account. Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
19-06-2017, 05:05 AM
(18-06-2017 04:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  And the vellum thickens... and refuses to dry Rolleyes

The practice of storing copies new laws on vellum has been abandoned. Why would the Queen's Speech need to use it?

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi