I don't know dick about Limey politics but ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: I don't know dick about Limey politics but ...
This non-sequitur strawman brought to you by: SYZ.

But thanks for playing. Or for trying at least. We all do the best we're capable of, I know. Don't get discouraged. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
21-07-2017, 10:30 AM
(21-07-2017 10:17 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 09:44 AM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, deciding the future of a whole country and all its young people whose lives are just beginning and will have to bear the brunt of the older folk xenophobia and ignorance...

And here we have an image of some "young people" in London expressing their reassuring concerns for their future—unfortunately clouded by us oldies—by burning a few cars and looting shops. It's heartwarming to see the younger generation demonstrating their optimism for the state of the world they'll grow old in—unfettered by the quaint old-fashioned notions of law and order, and a productive, empathetic, all-encompassing society established by the so-called baby-boomers.

[Image: 2830188-3x2-700x467.jpg]

As a side note, it's somewhat concerning to me, at the least, that kids like these could well be looking after me in my dotage, or at the worst, be elected as future politicians, economists, or military strategists.

Confused

This looks like a photo of the 2011 riots in Britain triggered by the shooting of Mark Duggan by armed police, people of significantly diverse age groups including one woman who was a social worker looted and rioted in several cities across the UK, I'm struggling to understand the correlation with the brexit vote and young peoples future.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
29-07-2017, 09:40 AM
[Image: Cature.jpg]]

[Image: Brexitmoviespoof6.jpg]

[Image: Brexitmoviespoof3.jpg]

[Image: Brexitmoviespoofs8.jpg]

[Image: Brexitmoviespoof5.jpg]

[Image: Brexitmoviespoof9.jpg]

[Image: Brexitmoviespoof7.jpg]

[Image: brexitclubmoviespoof2.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
29-07-2017, 10:13 AM
The best part of this Brexit thing is watching all the stupid twats who campaigned for it tie themselves in knots trying to explain why it's a good thing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2017, 10:42 AM
(29-07-2017 10:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  The best part of this Brexit thing is watching all the stupid twats who campaigned for it tie themselves in knots trying to explain why it's a good thing.

Don't forget the memes Yes

[Image: 20431614_969483089860877_782424445822800963_n.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
29-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Brexit is great. I couldn't imagine some European court coming in and overriding our supreme court. All nations should be independent.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-07-2017, 11:06 AM
(29-07-2017 10:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Brexit is great. I couldn't imagine some European court coming in and overriding our supreme court. All nations should be independent.

Fuck off you vile ignoramus. Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
29-07-2017, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 12:41 PM by adey67.)
I voted remain for my kids and because leave was fucking stupid, but its kinda ironic watching other nations getting so uptight about it while pretending to be indifferent, personally I figured you'd be glad to get shot of us. I mean now you can rub hands and watch us fail utterly. Drinking Beverage

My point being that yes leaving was assholery but the rest of Europe ain't whiter than snow there are assholes there too and some of their reaction is a bit ott and reactionary.
29-07-2017, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 12:46 PM by Vera.)
(29-07-2017 12:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I voted remain for my kids and because leave was fucking stupid, but its kinda ironic watching other nations getting so uptight about it while pretending to be indifferent, personally I figured you'd be glad to get shot of us. I mean now you can rub hands and watch us fail utterly. Drinking Beverage

You're still assuming we're at the playground level and all we want is for the kid we no longer like and play with to be miserable and on its own. Some of us live in a grown-up world where things are not resolved by pulling each other's hair and stomping away in a tantrum when we don't get our own way, screaming "You gonna be so sorry when I'm gone."

Like I said, if this is how British people see the whole thing, it sure as hell explains a lot. Frankly, I assumed they were slightly less infantile than that. But maybe not Drinking Beverage

(For the record, these are British memes and cartoons)

29-07-2017, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 12:49 PM by adey67.)
(29-07-2017 12:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I voted remain for my kids and because leave was fucking stupid, but its kinda ironic watching other nations getting so uptight about it while pretending to be indifferent, personally I figured you'd be glad to get shot of us. I mean now you can rub hands and watch us fail utterly. Drinking Beverage

You're still assuming we're at the playground level and all we want is for the kid I no longer like and play with to be miserable and on its own. Some of us live in a grown-up world where things are not resolving by pulling each other's hair and stomping away in a tantrum when we don't get our own way.

Like I said, if this is how British people see the whole thing, it sure as hell explains a lot. Frankly, I assumed they were slightly more mature than that.

(For the record, these are British memes and cartoons)

That's fine but there does seem to be a huge amount of anger in Europe about this and believe me I'm not best pleased either but it does seem a somewhat excessive attitude, why is Europe so angry about this is my question. If we are so insignificant it shouldn't matter. I'm afraid Europe cares doesn't entirely wash with me.