I don't know if I can stick around

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: I don't know if I can stick around
(14-11-2015 09:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  TTA is the first thing I look at in the morning on my lap top. It's pathetic.

Me too ugh we need an intervention Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-11-2015, 09:58 AM
(14-11-2015 09:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ... my lap top. It's pathetic.

So, get a new one.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-11-2015, 09:59 AM
At least you're on a laptop. My day starts with my phone before I ever get out of bed. Speaking of which, I've been smartphoning for the last three hours and I need to get up and get some breakfast!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 10:01 AM
(14-11-2015 09:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  .... I wouldn't want to rock the boat and lose what I already have!

Then I suggest becoming a mod and then an admin.

You'll soon get tired of having to read everything whether you want to or not.

Oh wait, you've tried that already.

My bad.

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-11-2015, 10:54 AM
(14-11-2015 09:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 09:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  TTA is the first thing I look at in the morning on my lap top. It's pathetic.

Me too ugh we need an intervention Tongue

I'd hate to count up the hours I spend on this forum. Before I joined TTA I was part of a history forum which was too serious for my taste and I lurked at other forums but I kept running into stupid people.... I don't suffer fools gladly. There are less idiots and stupidity here than other forums and more importantly.....people here have a sense of humor. And I like the ni icon too so......Knights who say NI!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-11-2015, 08:24 PM
(13-11-2015 09:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I forgot this place makes me late to work.

Or later than usual...

Don't have that problem being retired. Joined three days ago and I'm hooked. Still learning to get around.

Shocking

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
14-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Damn you junkies! I follow a strict schedule of jumping between the AF and TTA tabs at work, and quickly switching the entire viewport when my boss arrives. Big Grin

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 1 user Likes Aoi Magi's post
14-11-2015, 09:55 PM
(14-11-2015 08:33 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Damn you junkies! I follow a strict schedule of jumping between the AF and TTA tabs at work, and quickly switching the entire viewport when my boss arrives. Big Grin

Heh, I always have to switch quick to Winamp so I can hear what my wife is saying, which closes the pron, uh, TTA window I'm in. Where TF is the strikethrough?!?
14-11-2015, 10:18 PM
(14-11-2015 08:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. you're complaining about spending less time at work...? Consider
I don't get it.

I had a perverse over-achiever mentality at work my entire career. I worked many thousands of hours, uncompensated, expecting rewards for it. All I got for it was ending up a bitter, cynical old man. I was able to manage my investments so that I am comfortably retired now, and it amuses the shit out of me that it took hiring three people to replace me when I left. The real irony of this is that if I had been given a promotion 3 years ago (I retired just over a year ago) as was promised, I'd be working for a chickenshit $25k more a year, and still working. Consider

My advice to the young people out there-

Don't ever accept what management hands you, by way of excuses about what you should have done to get ahead. Get it in writing, and hold them to it. I've actually had to hire an attorney to come in and spank my employer as to how I should be handled as an employee. This with a major international company. Set goals, meet them, and make sure that management knows that you have set them and expect to be compensated for it. Hopefully your company pays more than lip service to that process. If they don't, bail and find a better employer, and don't fail to tell the HR people about it (and legal, for that matter, because my old company got sued so many times for stepping on their own dicks that they actually had the corporate attorneys giving talks at work on how to act, starting with the management!).

Before you ask, I won't be identifying said company. There is a possibility that I can get some consulting work from them, and I will be charging them 4X what I used to get as an employee. In spite of the fact that I documented everything I did, in spades, people just can't be bothered to read what is there. I'll probably end up having to discontinue social security because of the money. I've already had a begging phone call. Insert evil laugh.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-11-2015, 01:08 AM
(14-11-2015 10:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 08:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. you're complaining about spending less time at work...? Consider
I don't get it.

I had a perverse over-achiever mentality at work my entire career. I worked many thousands of hours, uncompensated, expecting rewards for it. All I got for it was ending up a bitter, cynical old man. I was able to manage my investments so that I am comfortably retired now, and it amuses the shit out of me that it took hiring three people to replace me when I left. The real irony of this is that if I had been given a promotion 3 years ago (I retired just over a year ago) as was promised, I'd be working for a chickenshit $25k more a year, and still working. Consider

My advice to the young people out there-

Don't ever accept what management hands you, by way of excuses about what you should have done to get ahead. Get it in writing, and hold them to it. I've actually had to hire an attorney to come in and spank my employer as to how I should be handled as an employee. This with a major international company. Set goals, meet them, and make sure that management knows that you have set them and expect to be compensated for it. Hopefully your company pays more than lip service to that process. If they don't, bail and find a better employer, and don't fail to tell the HR people about it (and legal, for that matter, because my old company got sued so many times for stepping on their own dicks that they actually had the corporate attorneys giving talks at work on how to act, starting with the management!).

Before you ask, I won't be identifying said company. There is a possibility that I can get some consulting work from them, and I will be charging them 4X what I used to get as an employee. In spite of the fact that I documented everything I did, in spades, people just can't be bothered to read what is there. I'll probably end up having to discontinue social security because of the money. I've already had a begging phone call. Insert evil laugh.

I'm similar, except I skipped the "my whole career" bit and just went straight to bitter cynical old man. I think this is why I'm always defending my useless coworkers against abusive management because I really don't give a fuck and give even less of a fuck about management.

I'm one of the hardest working people there don't get me wrong, but I always take my breaks because I'm entitled to them I don't care how much work needs doing. I will defend why I haven't done something when a manager complains rather than sit there and take it. And I'm not afraid to confront management about their bullshit.

ie: latest example. They tried to change out breaks so we have to have them after the store closes now (which is fine with me, I was always the only one that did that anyway) but the time they allocated was outside of our contract which states we have to have our first break within 3hours and our second in 5. They wanted us to work 4 before taking a break. I wasn't have a bar of that, confronted them because nobody else would and now it's only 3. No union needed.

I believe you should work hard and you hard work is required to be successful, but there is a difference between hard work and being used and abused. I'll do the prior but I wont put up with the later.