I don't know if i want to be a christian anymore?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: I don't know if i want to be a christian anymore?
(28-11-2013 12:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ...
Um, is there a thread for, like, nominations for, uh, "Best. Quip. Ever." ......?

This one...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...er?page=52
and/or this one...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...TTA-Awards

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Welcome to the forum. I' m one of the resident, if infrequent, theist members on the sight. If you still want to be christian but are having trouble with how reason fits in with faith you can ask either kingschosen or me. If I recall, kingschosen, who is THE resident theist, tends to desperate the two fully and considers faith to be a mystery. I' m catholic so I tend to combine the two. So I think that reason and Christianity have no contradiction ( obviously most on this forum would disagree, otherwise I would have converted everyone by know).

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
28-11-2013, 01:17 AM
(28-11-2013 01:07 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. I' m one of the resident, if infrequent, theist members on the sight. If you still want to be christian but are having trouble with how reason fits in with faith you can ask either kingschosen or me. If I recall, kingschosen, who is THE resident theist, tends to desperate the two fully and considers faith to be a mystery. I' m catholic so I tend to combine the two. So I think that reason and Christianity have no contradiction ( obviously most on this forum would disagree, otherwise I would have converted everyone by know).

Wow. Desperate last-ditch MOLE much?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-11-2013, 01:23 AM
(28-11-2013 01:07 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic.

Very telling. Both are irrational fears. The former far more than the latter.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-11-2013, 08:12 AM
@Taqiyya
I was actually debating whether to prosthelytize or not. I normally never bother trying to convert someone on this forum. I just noticed that several people were attacking Christianity in this thread so I figured I'd at least offer an alternative.
Also why does everyone attack the Sig. It's a freaking joke for crying out loud, it's not even mine. I was flipping channels and I caught a commercial for Saturday night standup and a comedian used that joke. I thought it was hilarious. So I made it my Sig.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 2 users Like TarzanSmith's post
28-11-2013, 08:20 AM
(28-11-2013 08:12 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  @Taqiyya
I was actually debating whether to prosthelytize or not. I normally never bother trying to convert someone on this forum. I just noticed that several people were attacking Christianity in this thread so I figured I'd at least offer an alternative.
Also why does everyone attack the Sig. It's a freaking joke for crying out loud, it's not even mine. I was flipping channels and I caught a commercial for Saturday night standup and a comedian used that joke. I thought it was hilarious. So I made it my Sig.

Don't stress it, TS.

I think Taq is a Murikan ... compulsory irony by-pass operation. I think it's a good joke too.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-11-2013, 08:46 AM
"I don't know if i want to be a christian anymore?"

Good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-11-2013, 11:38 AM
(28-11-2013 08:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "I don't know if i want to be a christian anymore?"

Good.

What, no grumpy cat?

Sincerely,
Disappointed

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
28-11-2013, 11:45 AM
(28-11-2013 11:38 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 08:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "I don't know if i want to be a christian anymore?"

Good.

What, no grumpy cat?

Sincerely,
Disappointed

I know, huh? That totally needed Grumpy Cat. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2013, 01:52 PM
(28-11-2013 11:38 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  

Good.

What, no grumpy cat?

Sincerely,
Disappointed

[Image: grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post