I don't know what to do...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 06:25 PM
I don't know what to do...
My mum is really worried because I'm not really passionate about the whole god thing anymore. I can understand if they're worried, but I really need something to help me relax. My parents were bringing up how prophecy on the bible is being fulfilled or whatever. They also talked about how God has helped them or whatever. I dunno. Usually, this stuff doesn't bother me, but it hurts when I realize that I'm hurting my parents. My mum told me to pray and read my bible every day. She also said that God will do great things through me or whatever. My mum really wants me to be a good Christian. What should I do to keep myself calm? Is there anything else I should do?

☆☆☆
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: I don't know what to do...
Ignore your mom.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
26-06-2016, 06:38 PM
*hugs* I think it's nice that you care about your parents feelings, but you can't live your life for them or for anyone else, for that matter. I would suggest doing things to take your mind off all of this like going to do something fun with friends or going for a run to burn off stress and anxiety. I find yoga and meditation to be very helpful as well in my own life.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Easy, just tell them that you're a Hindu now, and that even though they are your parents, they are in a lower caste than you, so they must respect your greatness. Thumbsup

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
26-06-2016, 06:54 PM
I smoke to relax. I don't recommend it.
26-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Tell them that prophecy is interesting. Get a bunch of books on Nostradamus. Start comparing his prophecies to the bible.

You cannot help your parents by being someone you are not. You also cannot help your parents reaction to your beliefs.

Don't go out of your way to cause your parents grief and don't worry if they feel pain because of your beliefs.

Did she say who to pray to? The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a good alternative. There's also Cthulhu.

Read the first paragraph of the bible every day. Then if your mom asks, you read the bible.

When she says god will do great things through you, just remember the Penguins in the Madagascar movies. "Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave..."

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Quote: The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a good alternative.

Aye, matey.

[Image: b078b19de500771bfd2692a16dbcda60.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
26-06-2016, 07:48 PM
My parents were both xtian.. (mom deceased) -- they weren't too thrilled when I finally told them I was an atheist.............

But, I told them that "they'd raised me to be honest - so what'd they expect??"

It took 'em a while, but they got over it......

Give 'em time...

They'll come around..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-06-2016, 02:57 PM
(26-06-2016 06:25 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  My mum is really worried because I'm not really passionate about the whole god thing anymore. I can understand if they're worried, but I really need something to help me relax. My parents were bringing up how prophecy on the bible is being fulfilled or whatever. They also talked about how God has helped them or whatever. I dunno. Usually, this stuff doesn't bother me, but it hurts when I realize that I'm hurting my parents. My mum told me to pray and read my bible every day. She also said that God will do great things through me or whatever. My mum really wants me to be a good Christian. What should I do to keep myself calm? Is there anything else I should do?

If it was me, I'd tell them I can do great things by myself. One thing that really upsets me is when my credit is given away to people's imaginary friends. It will probably upset your parents to hear this because to a christian everyone is broken and needs gods help.

The prophecy thing has been going on forever and billions of Christians and other theists have all been wrong. This is their fear factor that keeps them in line.

Sounds like they are already resorting to their last efforts to scare you into staying in their faith. Next maybe you'll get Pascal's Wager.
[+] 2 users Like OceanTherapist's post
27-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Hug

Hope things work out for you.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post