I don't know why I even try.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: I don't know why I even try.
I would have totally bought from you if I didn't already have insurance.

I asked like 10 or 15 people and no one was interested.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
How do you go about getting leads?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
(10-12-2012 01:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  How do you go about getting leads?
Try to get someone you know to give you someone they know. It's entirely referral based. I've asked every single person I can think of and gotten zero. Not one person interested in insurance and not one person who knows someone interested in insurance.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
(10-12-2012 01:39 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 01:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  How do you go about getting leads?
Try to get someone you know to give you someone they know.
And he knows me, but I don't know many other people because I don't really like people all that much.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I can't tell you how much I hate typing in employment info over and over and over again. Why the fuck do you even ask for a resume upload if I have to fill out the stupid fucking application anyway?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry things are going so rough...I have never been able to figure out how people can stand being in sales.
When I was laid off earlier this year, I eventually took a crappy contract assignment with an even crappier commute because I was going to get some experience on a software package I hadn't used before. Then I got the job I am in now. There are jobs out there but they are hard to find.
It's scary and it sucks, I sure hope something comes along for you soon.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-12-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't know why I even try.
Any chance there are some call center insurance jobs? For instance, when I was in California, I sold car and home insurance over the phone for AAA. 100% of the leads came from the company, and probably 75% of those leads were people calling in for quotes.

Having your life license gives you a step up. I think there used to be a website called http://www.greatinsurancejobs.com, but I'm on my mobile and don't feel like searching, so that may not be it.

I also worked directly for a State Farm agent. Leads mostly came thru the company for that too. So you might try the local State Farm, Allstate, and Farmer's agencies. You could go for your own agency, but there's usually a big money investment, so I'd say try to work for an agent first.

Any federal jobs nearby? A friend works in a Social Security call center and even though it's customer service, she makes over 40k.

My job should be opening up soon if you want to move back to Seattle.

Edit: Claims jobs aren't so bad if you can deal with grumpy people. Your car experience could help with that too.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Just spent an hour filling out a Capital One questionairre only to have it tell me that based on my responses I am not eligible for the position.

-Mark Twain
10-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah selling weed is only super profitable when you live somewhere really dry. Otherwise it's slow start barely get by money that can transform into a nice sum once you get popular.

As for Baton Rouge, don't you have a huge penal system there? isn't that big business? You're a big dude and judging solely on your forum personality I'd imagine you're confident enough. Why not try for a prison job? Otherwise Americaisn't much better off than canadians (if not worse off) so far as industry is concerned. Retail sales are the focus here, or fast food. No big paying jobs for anyone that doesn't already have one. That's a big reason why in BC we have a major crime problem.

Good luck dude.

If you're seriously thinking of going the bad guy route let me remind you that it doesn't matter how big you are in prison since a good chunk of those guys are pretty big and the ones who aren't don't give a shit how big someone is. And your kid will notice that too.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-12-2012, 03:03 PM
I've got a huge penal system.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post