I don't know why I even try.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: I don't know why I even try.
(10-12-2012 03:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Yeah selling weed is only super profitable when you live somewhere really dry.
Don't you mean "low"?

Dry is for alcohol, right?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I haven't sold in a long time but we used to call it dry.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Just applied for about 10 jobs online. Random stuff. Mike's Audio, Hebert Guns, Neighbors FCU, yada yada.

My NYL manager is blowing my phone up. He knows I'm pissed about the job.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
If this were me I would look into two things: I would see if I could arrange your daughters childcare some other way: maybe another parent from kids at daycare could pick your daughter up to keep for an hour, maybe a family or friend or neighbour could help, maybe a day home provider would be more suitable. Then, I'd look into the floor laying job. It sounds like it would be at least the most steady and substantial option VS commission somewhere, for now.

The other thing I would look into is from an article I read about how to beat economic crisis. Go to school, learn something new and in the mean time perhaps that career would open up (the economy could strengthen). I like the idea of prison guard for you, here we have a corrections program that is 2 or 4 years and it is an entry program into other fields as well. You could get student subsidy while is school to help with the bills.

Financial stress sucks, I hope it works out for you and the fam over the next few weeks!
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Job interview tomorrow at 3PM. Jasper Contractors. It's an outside sales position with a 30K base salary plus commission. I guess my job will be to identify damaged roofs from the road and approach the homeowner about having it replaced under their homeowners insurance. They also provide a company vehicle after you get to 100K in sales.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
11-12-2012, 01:40 PM
(11-12-2012 01:33 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Job interview tomorrow at 3PM. Jasper Contractors. It's an outside sales position with a 30K base salary plus commission. I guess my job will be to identify damaged roofs from the road and approach the homeowner about having it replaced under their homeowners insurance. They also provide a company vehicle after you get to 100K in sales.
Good luck. [Image: fingers_crossed.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
(11-12-2012 01:40 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 01:33 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Job interview tomorrow at 3PM. Jasper Contractors. It's an outside sales position with a 30K base salary plus commission. I guess my job will be to identify damaged roofs from the road and approach the homeowner about having it replaced under their homeowners insurance. They also provide a company vehicle after you get to 100K in sales.
Good luck. [Image: fingers_crossed.gif]
Thanks. I'm a boss at getting a job though. I never have any issues. Only concern is whether I want to take an outside sales job.

-Mark Twain
11-12-2012, 01:49 PM
(11-12-2012 01:46 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Thanks. I'm a boss at getting a job though. I never have any issues. Only concern is whether I want to take an outside sales job.
Better than being stuck in an office, isn't it? Unless the other option is working from home. Cruising around sounds like fun (as much as can be had in a sales job). Just you, the car and some nice music. What's not to like? Other than ogling other people's roofs, obviously.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-12-2012, 01:54 PM
(11-12-2012 01:49 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 01:46 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Thanks. I'm a boss at getting a job though. I never have any issues. Only concern is whether I want to take an outside sales job.
Better than being stuck in an office, isn't it? Unless the other option is working from home. Cruising around sounds like fun (as much as can be had in a sales job). Just you, the car and some nice music. What's not to like? Other than ogling other people's roofs, obviously.
LOL

You know, I wasn't sure if I liked you when I first saw you here. But now, I think I just might. Big Grin

-Mark Twain
11-12-2012, 01:58 PM
(11-12-2012 01:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 01:49 PM)Vera Wrote:  Better than being stuck in an office, isn't it? Unless the other option is working from home. Cruising around sounds like fun (as much as can be had in a sales job). Just you, the car and some nice music. What's not to like? Other than ogling other people's roofs, obviously.
LOL
You know, I wasn't sure if I liked you when I first saw you here. But now, I think I just might. Big Grin
I love it how you managed to pass a near insult as a compliment Laugh out load